Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

So what happens to the other panel? Does is expire now that this is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

That was a pleasantly quick application process. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles100

Hi all,

Do the aptitude tests not get sent on after the initial application? I went for the recent TCO campaign and the tests followed through email via a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

suppet wrote: »

Yes I wonder.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

This is my first time applying for this, as someone mentioned already its a really quick application process online so I'm just wondering how they decide who to interview or how does the process work?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

This is my first time applying for this, as someone mentioned already its a really quick application process online so I'm just wondering how they decide who to interview or how does the process work?

You will get a familiarisation test to fill out on the 27th to be completed by the 30th and how you answer will determine if you go to interview/aptitude stage(if there is an aptitude test.

Bubbles100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do the aptitude tests not get sent on after the initial application? I went for the recent TCO campaign and the tests followed through email via a link.

It said on the booklet that the test will be issued on the 27th March

pjcpolly wrote: »
    You will get a familiarisation test to fill out on the 27th to be completed by the 30th and how you answer will determine if you go to interview/aptitude stage(if there is an aptitude test.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

pjcpolly wrote: »

The online assessment questionnaire (multiple choice and situation based) should not take more than an hour to complete. Candidates will then be given a panel number and will be called for interview based on this. There will be NO aptitude tests for this competition.
    Sounds very similar to the TCO recruitment process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

I cant seem to find the booklet on it. It just said booklet to follow. Where did you find the dates 27th?
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I cant seem to find the booklet on it. It just said booklet to follow. Where did you find the dates 27th?
    Many thanks

It was there this morning but can’t see it now. Took a screenshot of it, see attachment

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elai

Hi I have applied for the clerical officer 2020 the first step today. Was it just general details there was no question on previous employment or education. I just want to make sure this was correct thanks

Elai wrote: »
    Hi I have applied for the clerical officer 2020 the first step today. Was it just general details there was no question on previous employment or education. I just want to make sure this was correct thanks

Yes that was it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

suppet wrote: »

The 2018 panel remains open until the first interview in the new campaign is done. So probably another month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

The 2018 panel remains open until the first interview in the new campaign is done. So probably another month or so

****e. I called PAS yesterday and the person who I spoke to thought it was open for another few months. There are only 10 people ahead of me in Kildare for the current campaign. I will be gutted if it ended before I was called and I did my interview 6 months ago. The thoughts of going through the whole process again....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

****e. I called PAS yesterday and the person who I spoke to thought it was open for another few months. There are only 10 people ahead of me in Kildare for the current campaign. I will be gutted if it ended before I was called and I did my interview 6 months ago. The thoughts of going through the whole process again....

If I were you I would apply for the new campaign just in case the panel closes that your on. Just to be on the safe side

If I were you I would apply for the new campaign just in case the panel closes that your on. Just to be on the safe side

I will be but I will be so angry if my panel closes as I am so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

I will be but I will be so angry if my panel closes as I am so close.

I cant see the new panel being set up for a couple of months at least, people will have to be interviewed, go through clearance and Garda vetted for the new panel and that all takes time.
    Hopefully they will get to you before that :)

I cant see the new panel being set up for a couple of months at least, people will have to be interviewed, go through clearance and Garda vetted for the new panel and that all takes time.
    Hopefully they will get to you before that :)

Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

Just applied myself as I'm looking to change location. I think it's great that there seemingly isn't going to be aptitude tests this time, I've been working in this kind of role for 3 years now and those tests are not a good indicator of a candidate's potential work performance. It also means the panel should move faster and more people will get jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Tks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Also applied for this. Happy in my current job, but always looking for new opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

I submitted applucation today but couldn't find the actual application form with education and work details...anybody throw some light on this? Did I do it incorrectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

I think you are okay. Mine was the same

Janas wrote: »
    I submitted applucation today but couldn't find the actual application form with education and work details...anybody throw some light on this? Did I do it incorrectly?

You will receive an application form to fill out on the 27th once they have closed on the 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭shmeee

Information booklet attached, since removed from the site. Not sure why.

Might be to do with dates getting moved due to the ongoing Coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Just applied, want to move location too and mobility shut down this Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elai

Hi did anyone do a preparation course for these positions or know of anyone who did. There are a few companies who do them. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭doc22

UI_Paddy wrote: »
    Just applied myself as I'm looking to change location. I think it's great that there seemingly isn't going to be aptitude tests this time, I've been working in this kind of role for 3 years now and those tests are not a good indicator of a candidate's potential work performance. It also means the panel should move faster and more people will get jobs

I don't know about this, the questionnaire even if it were a good indicator can be done by someone else and no way check. And How will the panel move faster, if anything the panel will move alot slower as those with poor maths/verbal skills won't be weeded out.How will having no aptitude tests mean people will get more jobs?

Advertisement