Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Just wondering do CO's in the court service have to go through additional garda vetting? The assignment message I got didn't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭JacenSolo

Icbaby wrote: »
    Also as an FYI know what BCC stands for and does. It seems to be a trick q they throw at people at the end of an interview and it’s so random many people don’t know it.

I had my interview today and I got asked that! I was expecting it from reading it here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clericaltattoo

Hi all,

I was recently assigned a position in an INTREO centre and just have one concern. I am quite heavily tattooed and conscious that while my tattoos were hidden during the interview, they will be immediately visible when I begin working.

I have no issues wearing long sleeves year round if I have to in order to cover my arms, but I do have tattoos on my knuckles, hands and palms. Will this cause me any trouble in the long run, perhaps at the end of my probation or when the time comes to apply for promotion etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

Tracy Mc wrote: »
    What oom are you in for Wicklow. Good luck in your interview.

Thank you! Fingers crossed all goes well.

No OOM yet. There hasn’t been any mention of it in correspondence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

JacenSolo wrote: »
    I had my interview today and I got asked that! I was expecting it from reading it here :D

I’ve heard that a few times now so I’m fully prepared if that one comes up!

Well done on the interview.

Can I ask what other questions came up?

I’ve prepared answers for each of the competencies but worried I’ll get a curve ball and won’t be able to apply my answers to certain questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Hi all,

I was recently assigned a position in an INTREO centre and just have one concern. I am quite heavily tattooed and conscious that while my tattoos were hidden during the interview, they will be immediately visible when I begin working.

I have no issues wearing long sleeves year round if I have to in order to cover my arms, but I do have tattoos on my knuckles, hands and palms. Will this cause me any trouble in the long run, perhaps at the end of my probation or when the time comes to apply for promotion etc?

It might not help during promotion depending on who you get on an interview panel but in all other respects I wouldn't worry about it. We had a CO, made up to EO whose department lobbied to keep on promotion who was very heavily tattooed on the arms and his casual dress style did nothing to hide them.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi all - I got invited to express interview for Limerick yesterday, for anyone waiting my OOM is between 30-40 .Is there anyone else on here that also received the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Valentine01

Hi all,

I would not worry about it. Maybe 10 years ago would've been an issue, but now it's definitely not. The culture and the view on tattoos have changed. I've worked in retail for 8 years, I remember when I started there was a girl who had tattoos and was asked to cover them. After 8 years, when I was leaving the company, half of the staff had tattoos and no word from HR. So do not worry. Before tattoos had a bad reputation, now it is an excepted form of art on your body. I've seen a cashier in a bank with a tattoo on her wrist and she was not hiding it. So don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JohnnyD17

bangors85 wrote: »
    1st of April

Yes, April 1st to March 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Does anyone know in general how long the vetting takes? I'm being considered for the Department of the Taoiseach and there shouldn't be any issues with my vetting. Does it just depend on the person looking after it? I submitted it on Monday evening but just want a better idea of how long it may take. My location is Dublin, I was in Batch 21 and my oom was 28 after the interview in case anyone is wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Elliebeee

I finished OOM54 in Dublin after interview. I was advised today I will begin 2 weeks training on 19th April. Thanks for all the advice on here. I found it all to be really helpful and accurate.

Good luck to everybody still waiting on news/interviews etc.
    Hey, congratulations! Do you know what batch you were? Good luck in april! ♡

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

imagusaran wrote: »
    Does anyone know in general how long the vetting takes? I'm being considered for the Department of the Taoiseach and there shouldn't be any issues with my vetting. Does it just depend on the person looking after it? I submitted it on Monday evening but just want a better idea of how long it may take. My location is Dublin, I was in Batch 21 and my oom was 28 after the interview in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks for sharing this. Sorry I can't answer your question re vetting but I am also in batch 21 OOM early 40s, so this definitely gives me some hope! Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dubbloke100

Elliebeee wrote: »
    Hey, congratulations! Do you know what batch you were? Good luck in april! ♡

Thank You. I was in batch 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

What's the likelihood of getting a job from this panel if you're mid-2000s OOM in Dublin and haven't even got an invitation to interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clericaltattoo

It might not help during promotion depending on who you get on an interview panel but in all other respects I wouldn't worry about it. We had a CO, made up to EO whose department lobbied to keep on promotion who was very heavily tattooed on the arms and his casual dress style did nothing to hide them.
    I would not worry about it. Maybe 10 years ago would've been an issue, but now it's definitely not.

Thank you both so much. I do regret a lot of my tattoos and not listening to my parents haha. Still, I have nothing distasteful and just want to ensure I project a positive image. I previously worked in a very different environment where I could have tattoos on my tattoos and never envisioned working in a "corporate" environment, so this is the first time in about 15 years ever worrying about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Hi all,

I wouldn't worry I was in DSP on TCO contract recently and their was a girl there with tattoos everywhere visible, her nose, lips and eyebrows were pierced and she bright green and blue hair

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hi all, found out today that I am under consideration for a job for dept. Of justice. Just wondering is it a normal vetting process or would it be a stringent vetting? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

When will they take on more people for Rosslare do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

What has most people's experience been with the wait between their assignment message and the phone call with a start date?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

Has anybody done an interview for limerick and heard anything? I'm in batch 4 and placed 14, just wondering is anybody else in this batch? Interview was about 4 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Does anyone know how long after they contact your reference does it take to get a start date?

jamieon wrote: »
    Has anybody done an interview for limerick and heard anything? I'm in batch 4 and placed 14, just wondering is anybody else in this batch? Interview was about 4 weeks ago

Hi , was the interview for the HSE ? I got expression of interest for the general CO interview yesterday Limerick area ? I didn't go for the HSE one as I'm looking for a change .
    I work in the HSE at the moment and I do know there is alot of CO vacancies coming up with the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jamieon

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi , was the interview for the HSE ? I got expression of interest for the general CO interview yesterday Limerick area ? I didn't go for the HSE one as I'm looking for a change .
    I work in the HSE at the moment and I do know there is alot of CO vacancies coming up with the HSE.

Mine was just for the general CO in limerick with the council. Hope your interview goes well

jamieon wrote: »
    Mine was just for the general CO in limerick with the council. Hope your interview goes well
    Thanks - hope you hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bangors85

Does anyone know how many days leave does Clerical office get when they start out?? Grateful if anyone knows

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Kaal1 wrote: »
    Hi all, found out today that I am under consideration for a job for dept. Of justice. Just wondering is it a normal vetting process or would it be a stringent vetting? Thanks!!

Enhanced vetting, your email offering you the position should have stated security clearance could take up to three months to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ahem123

Any opinions on this?

See post below!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ahem123

LazyClouds wrote: »
    What's the likelihood of getting a job from this panel if you're mid-2000s OOM in Dublin and haven't even got an invitation to interview yet?

Any views this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

bangors85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many days leave does Clerical office get when they start out?? Grateful if anyone knows

22 days per year afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

22 days per year afaik

Can confirm it's 22 days.

Advertisement