Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VMCC

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone from the Mayo panel has received any contact regarding interviews? Apparently they are close to 40?

Also, I just read a post from a candidate who had an interview and mentioned a question about BCC. What on earth is BCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oisinnisio

I was in batch 6 OOM54. It took about 3 weeks from me being told I had passed the interview to being told I was starting training on 19th April. I have just signed the contract and awaiting Garda clearance.

Hang in there, I think you will hear something very soon. Once you do, they are starting people really quickly. I hope that helps.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the insight! Oh wow, sounds good. It would be nice to get called after my college exams, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

VMCC wrote: »
    Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone from the Mayo panel has received any contact regarding interviews? Apparently they are close to 40?

Also, I just read a post from a candidate who had an interview and mentioned a question about BCC. What on earth is BCC?
    I'm presuming the BCC means Blind Carbon copy on emails? Hiding email addresses when sending group emaill? Mayo is at 37. I had such high hopes at the beginning but there's no way they'll get to my oom now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VMCC

I'm presuming the BCC means Blind Carbon copy on emails? Hiding email addresses when sending group emaill? Mayo is at 37. I had such high hopes at the beginning but there's no way they'll get to my oom now.

Thanks for your reply. So that's what BCC is. I was thrown off by it because I thought they were asking competency based questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

VMCC wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. So that's what BCC is. I was thrown off by it because I thought they were asking competency based questions?

It's mostly competency based questions but I think they throw the CC/BCC question in as a skills related question but it is quite random to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

So just wondering about a couple of things.

Say if you get offered a particular place but you don’t want it either to geographic location or because you don’t like the idea of that particular job or department, how does that work exactly, I presume you’re given another roll of the dice but if you knock back another are you out of the race essentially?

Or say if you got given something but at the last minute that department opts not to take you for whatever reason (an example being if you got department of justice but something flagged up somewhere in your advanced vetting) again is that you wiped entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Out of curiosity, is there many being employed permanently in DEASP through this campaign or is any pressure being handled by temporary appointments to the department ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

condubh wrote: »
    So just wondering about a couple of things.

Say if you get offered a particular place but you don’t want it either to geographic location or because you don’t like the idea of that particular job or department, how does that work exactly, I presume you’re given another roll of the dice but if you knock back another are you out of the race essentially?

No reroll I'm afraid that's you off the panel. I think there is a 45Km rule but not 100% sure. Exceptions would be if the department has a lot of locations, like AGS - you might get a choice.
    condubh wrote: »
    SOr say if you got given something but at the last minute that department opts not to take you for whatever reason (an example being if you got department of justice but something flagged up somewhere in your advanced vetting) again is that you wiped entirely?

Only ever heard of it happening in a confined competition. No criminal background but a relative did, he was off the panel but it might be different in a general competition.

Edit: Checked there. You get reassigned somewhere else depending on the issue of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Judymoody12

Hi , Can I ask anybody who has interviewed recently for Dublin how long is it between interview and placement (if successful at interview ) .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

Civil service takes on hundreds of COs during a campaign, CC might be filling a handful of jobs so I wouldn't expect batched, they may still form a panel though.

Know your competencies for the interview.

I've been placed on two panels for CC - two different locations.
    No. 13 on Panel A and No. 3 on Panel B.

If a position is offered for Panel B, can I turn it down and still be considered for Panel A (my preferred location)?

And is 13 a good position for CC panel / likely to move quickly?

This is all new to me so thanks for all the advise from everyone so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

mackers10 wrote: »
    I've been placed on two panels for CC - two different locations.
    No. 13 on Panel A and No. 3 on Panel B.

If a position is offered for Panel B, can I turn it down and still be considered for Panel A (my preferred location)?

And is 13 a good position for CC panel / likely to move quickly?

This is all new to me so thanks for all the advise from everyone so far!

13 is brilliant, depending on your county! I was placed 3 after the first round in may 2020, didnt get called for interview until Jan 21, was placed no 1 then and only at the reference stage this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dubbloke100

Hi , Can I ask anybody who has interviewed recently for Dublin how long is it between interview and placement (if successful at interview ) .
    Thanks

For me;

Interview to being told successful at interview took 9 days.

I placed 54 in the OOM on the panel.

From being told I was successful to actually being told that they are calling me and can I provide references etc took a further 3 weeks.

Start date confirmation was a further 3 weeks - pending garda vetting. Interview to start date is about 2 months in total. That was my experience. My interview was 22nd February and I start 19th April.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Thanks

Hi, I had my interview in early January and started my position in early March.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Anyone else here have an interview for Sligo on 16/04? Not sure if it's really worth it if the campaign is going to end in May, just hoping for an extension

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

Anyone else here have an interview for Sligo on 16/04? Not sure if it's really worth it if the campaign is going to end in May, just hoping for an extension

Hi EmmetWhitey what number are you for Sligo please

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Hi,

Has anyone recently started with AGS?
    If so how long did you wait for stringent vetting to complete. I'm 6 weeks in and the wait is torture, wondering if I'll have to wait the full 12 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

G2234567 wrote: »
    Hi,

If so how long did you wait for stringent vetting to complete. I'm 6 weeks in and the wait is torture, wondering if I'll have to wait the full 12 weeks?

You'll likely be beyond 12 weeks I'm sorry to say. 16 seems a bit more realistic but it very much depends on whose desk it landed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Hi,

Mine took 7 weeks

Belle23 wrote: »
    Mine took 7 weeks

Oh great thanks fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dragx

Was anyone here sent on induction material/meet and great circulars to complete?

All of the links that were sent to me wont open. I've tried three web browsers and double checked the spelling.

Just a bit worried as it says they need to be completed asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Hi I'm just wondering can anyone shed a bit of light on my situation. I have clearance and reference sent back a month ago and have heard nothing I'm batch 19 and I see some people in batch 20 have got job offers. I don't mind the wait as I'm currently employed just wondering is this normally how PAS work.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Hi EmmetWhitey what number are you for Sligo please

Mid 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arsenal1886

Hi,

Hey, I got a start date for AGS yesterday. My enhanced vetting took 3 weeks.

I know some people waited up to 3 month for theirs. As someone said previously in this thread it might just depend on who's desk it lands at.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This thread had been very helpful during the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Arsenal1886

Hi,

I know some people waited up to 3 month for theirs. As someone said previously in this thread it might just depend on who's desk it lands at.

Thanks for the replies everyone. This thread had been very helpful during the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Hi all,

A bit of an odd question but does anyone know what kind of facilities are available for staff in AGS headquarters in Phoenix park?

I have the option to transfer in there and am currently weighing up all factors. Obviously not a deal breaker but my current location has shower facilities which are great for getting up driving straight in and getting ready in there, or for after going on a run at lunchtime. Is there anything like that in there?...or staff canteen etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Hi guys, has anybody heard anything from Laois? I’m batch 4 and got 2nd in OOM but I’ve heard nothing in a couple of months?

Thanks for that, good look in AGS ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Just asking anyone who is familiar with emailing for an update.

My response stated that they were instructed to take 2 candidates from this panel and my oom was now x but then the sign off was
    If we need more staff we will contact people.

This doesn't seem promising and from your experience is this normal or strange? Would they interview candidates to recruit 2 from an existing and 2 from the new?

Advice greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LooeyWalsh

oisinnisio wrote: »
    Are you applying for Dublin? I'm in batch 22 as well, oom 12! So similar to you. I have no idea about expiration either. I have no idea if that score is good or not, as I don't know how many are in that batch for Dublin.

Good luck anyway!

If anyone knows anything be sure to let me know too!

Any word on this? I placed mid 70s in OOM batch 22 so not very confident that I’ll hear back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Hi guys. So, I got my assignment message from PAS on the 23rd of March. I waited a week and one day for a call and then emailed the department I had been assigned to to ask if they could give me an update. It's now a week since I emailed and haven't got a reply to the email or a call with my start date yet. I don't want to be too pushy but I'm starting to get a bit nervy that I'm missing something? What kind of timeline did everyone else get with this stage of the process?

Advertisement