Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saz1984

If you are asked for references for AGS does that mean they have finished the enhanced vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aqu87

abbeybella wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone advise if The Department of Children and Equality is good to work in?
    I have heard good things and there is alot of change to the Dept due to aquirement of new duties. I'm starting with them Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 21 G2234567

Saz1984 wrote: »
    If you are asked for references for AGS does that mean they have finished the enhanced vetting?

Yes I believe so

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Hi i got message to complete application for stage 2 is this normal part of process as i thought interview be next as we had application done!! Only asking out of curiosity thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mellybelly

tiny14 wrote: »
    Hi i got message to complete application for stage 2 is this normal part of process as i thought interview be next as we had application done!! Only asking out of curiosity thanks

Is this for Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

Mellybelly wrote: »
    Is this for Dublin?

No its tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

They have called upto OOM 38 for Limerick so far and they said the competition is due to close May 2021, if/when the campaign is closed all candidates will.be notified through message board....

When you say competition closing do you mean people on OOM for jobs will be discarded or only people that are going for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

acawarrior wrote: »
    When you say competition closing do you mean people on OOM for jobs will be discarded or only people that are going for interview?

Once a competition closes then anyone not already placed is discarded I'm afraid. You have to reapply. If you're waiting on clearance for AGS for example, that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Thanks for the heads up I really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Aqu87 wrote: »
    I have heard good things and there is alot of change to the Dept due to aquirement of new duties. I'm starting with them Monday

That's good to hear thanks🙂its a department I'm not familiar with .Wonder what the training and that will be like.Best of luck on your first day ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Eoghain1

Does Anyone have a update on clerical officer competition 2020 in Cork I received a messaged about a job in the HSE in Bantry I placed 191 in Cork any updates would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mameeh

Does anyone have an update on batch 6 for Customs CO in Dublin please. I did e-mail Revenue a couple of weeks ago and the were at OOM 57. I am OOM mid 60's so hoping to be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

I never get anywhere off these panels and was told that it would be easier to get in to the civil service by applying to Dublin and then after a few years to ask for a transfer home.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

Beckett99 wrote: »
    I never get anywhere off these panels and was told that it would be easier to get in to the civil service by applying to Dublin and then after a few years to ask for a transfer home.

Unfortunately, that’s true. I’ve been next in line for a CO position in county Meath now for over a month but none has come up.

Dublín was my second county and my original OOM was late 100s. I’m sure I would be in a job a few months by now had I continued on the Dublín panel as they are now interviewing in the 1000s. Unfortunately, we had to move out of Dublín this time last year due to my work hours being halved because of the pandemic and we were no longer able to justify paying €1,600 in rent so working there was no longer feasible.

This. Dublin takes hundreds off a panel. Meath probably take about 3. I'm exaggerating but it's much, much easier to get in on the Dublin panels. You can apply for mobility on day 1 and after 2 years you can move when they get to your position on the list.

We've COs in my place coming from Wexford.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

This is true. A good chunk of the civil service is Dublin and the rest of it is scattered throughout the other 25 counties. Most counties would have a welfare office or two, a courthouse, garda civilians in stations and probably not a whole lot more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

The very fact people transfer from Dublin means more places in Dublin and less open places in regions

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Any updates on Rosslare?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Does anyone know the dress code for AGS in headquarters?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can advise i received a message from pas to say I had the job and which dept. I would be in. That was 2 weeks ago. They said someone from the dept would be in touch. My vetting is complete the past 2 weeks too. Just wondering if this is standard, or should I be following it up?? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

Kaal1 wrote: »
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can advise i received a message from pas to say I had the job and which dept. I would be in. That was 2 weeks ago. They said someone from the dept would be in touch. My vetting is complete the past 2 weeks too. Just wondering if this is standard, or should I be following it up?? Thanks

I got the call from HR in the department the day after my vetting was done so I would maybe follow up if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Thanks for the reply. I'll follow it up.

Garda dress code has a picture of a lad in a shirt and tie as the example but jeans are on the acceptable list. COs in my place would be anything from a suit to jeans and a sweatshirt. Branded stuff wouldn't be ideal but black jeans and a shirt would be fine.

Edit just assumed you're a lad for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,740 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Same as anywhere: dress for the job you want, not the one you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Any update from the Kerry panel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

My sister's version of this, where she worked, in theory there was a casual dress code but if an individual wanted to get promoted they didn't come to work in casual clothes.

I dressed up as Captain Kirk but the Chief wasn't impressed so I went back to a shirt and tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,740 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I dressed up as Captain Kirk but the Chief wasn't impressed so I went back to a shirt and tie.

It also helps your colleagues identify the crazies in the team:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭JacenSolo

Any idea if they have started Batch 22 in Dublin yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 frankienonose

Hypothetically speaking, if someone was in office a couple of days a week and working from home for the rest, would it be feasible to live somewhere else in the country and just come up to Dublin for the necessary days?

Advertisement