Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 climber123

Hi I think I was waiting two weeks to hear. Alot of people would most likely be on leave for easter this week so that could be the delay in getting back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

climber123 wrote: »
    Hi I think I was waiting two weeks to hear. Alot of people would most likely be on leave for easter this week so that could be the delay in getting back to you

Thanks that's good to know. I thought it must be the Easter delay but I was getting a bit stressed about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

Any Idea where Limerick is at the moment? Do you think panel will extended?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 happylad21

Hi All,

I just have a few questions if anyone would mind answering them!

In general what is it like working in Revenue as a clerical officer?

What is the training like in Revenue?

Is Revenue working from home or are they still based in the office?

Is Revenue supportive in learning and development and would it be okay to suggest to Revenue what kind of development your interested in such as professional exams even though you’re a clerical officer?

Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Icbaby

happylad21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just have a few questions if anyone would mind answering them!

In general what is it like working in Revenue as a clerical officer?

What is the training like in Revenue?

Is Revenue working from home or are they still based in the office?

Is Revenue supportive in learning and development and would it be okay to suggest to Revenue what kind of development your interested in such as professional exams even though you’re a clerical officer?

Any insight would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

In answer to your q:
    Revenue is a good place to work, varied but also nice to work in.

Training at the moment is online as majority of people are working from home. So it’s training over Skype and emailing and Skype calls between team members etc. Most people are super helpful so it’s all good.

As stated above most are working from home (so no flexi allowed), that being said I believe a lot of teams are hoping to be back in the office before Xmas at least on a pro rats basis (so maybe 3 in and 2 from home). Obviously if your new you may be brought in 5 days so you can train better.

Learning supports are good, lots of courses and you can apply for degrees in taxation etc. Up to your EO and HEO but nearly everyone I’ve met in revenue has been supportive of people bettering themselves.

Best of luck in it 😀 best decision I made and it was a big decision as it was a big drop in wages from private but it’s been great so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Hi Can anyone advise if The Department of Children and Equality is good to work in?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Have my interview soon for Donegal. Delighted but obviously a bit nervous.

How’s everyone been finding the interviews?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Icbaby wrote: »
    In answer to your q:
    Revenue is a good place to work, varied but also nice to work in.

Training at the moment is online as majority of people are working from home. So it’s training over Skype and emailing and Skype calls between team members etc. Most people are super helpful so it’s all good.

As stated above most are working from home (so no flexi allowed), that being said I believe a lot of teams are hoping to be back in the office before Xmas at least on a pro rats basis (so maybe 3 in and 2 from home). Obviously if your new you may be brought in 5 days so you can train better.

Learning supports are good, lots of courses and you can apply for degrees in taxation etc. Up to your EO and HEO but nearly everyone I’ve met in revenue has been supportive of people bettering themselves.

Best of luck in it �� best decision I made and it was a big decision as it was a big drop in wages from private but it’s been great so far.

Thanks for the insight , I start training on Monday .

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Hi guys, I have my interview next week for Dublin has anyone any tips or hints of what may come up? I've read the BCC comes up but is there anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

abbeybella wrote: »
    Hi Can anyone advise if The Department of Children and Equality is good to work in?

I haven't been there too long, but my experience has been incredibly postitive. Again, probably depends on what unit you end up in, but mine is incredibly nice and supportive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

Rosslare have only taken on 2. Will they be taking more people on? Does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lilywhite 1928

Hi guys, I have my interview next week for Dublin has anyone any tips or hints of what may come up? I've read the BCC comes up but is there anything else?

They caught me out ask me what mail merge was thinking I was great with BCC 😅 . Know about GDPR and the microsoft 365 excel ect and when you have used them. And of course the normal stuff team work difficult situations meeting deadlines have examples. They are dead sound you will be grand. Be on time have your camera ready to go. Good Luck

sharkman wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight , I start training on Monday .

Enjoy it and congrats. Where are you based?

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Icbaby wrote: »
    Enjoy it and congrats. Where are you based?

Training in D’Olier House , havent been told where I'm based yet .Dublin is all I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jamieon

What panel number are you? I'm 14, I wonder have they started the hiring process yet. Not feeling too confident about my prospects at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sweet Autumn

Can you tell me please what your order of merit for Dublin is.
    Good luck with your interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 positivepenny

jamieon wrote: »
    What panel number are you? I'm 14, I wonder have they started the hiring process yet. Not feeling too confident about my prospects at this stage tbh.

They have called upto OOM 38 for Limerick so far and they said the competition is due to close May 2021, if/when the campaign is closed all candidates will.be notified through message board....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

mmerton365 wrote: »
    I haven't been there too long, but my experience has been incredibly postitive. Again, probably depends on what unit you end up in, but mine is incredibly nice and supportive!

I know it's remote training at the moment. Is there a lot of training or is it self learning modules? Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elliebeee

Hi guys, I have just received my Invitation to Clearance, Batch 21 OOM 80+. Anyone know how long it usually takes from this point to be offered your position and start date? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

As of last week they had 38 called & 64 for tipperary & hopefully they extend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mmerton365

abbeybella wrote: »
    I know it's remote training at the moment. Is there a lot of training or is it self learning modules? Thanks ��

Yeah, the entire department is WFH at the moment. You'll be given guidance by your line manager. A lot of it is learning as you go, but you'll be given tonnes of help!

sharkman wrote: »
    Training in D’Olier House , havent been told where I'm based yet .Dublin is all I know .

I’m not based in Dublin but so far revenue has been great to work for. I’ve no complaints 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hanaolosdad

hopefully!

its next month it expires isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dubbloke100

Elliebeee wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have just received my Invitation to Clearance, Batch 21 OOM 80+. Anyone know how long it usually takes from this point to be offered your position and start date? Thanks.

For me, it took 4 weeks approx from being reached on the panel to starting date.

Good luck.

tiny14 wrote: »
    As of last week they had 38 called & 64 for tipperary & hopefully they extend it

Any chance you could explain that? 38 called for jobs?

Any chance you could explain that? 38 called for jobs?

The reply was from pas we have called up to oom 38 so presume thats what they have called for jobs

tiny14 wrote: »
    The reply was from pas we have called up to oom 38 so presume thats what they have called for jobs

I'm 14 and haven't been called yet though

I'm 14 and haven't been called yet though[/quote

Maybe give them a call as thats the reply they gave to me so it could mean they have 38 interviewed & ready for positions that may come up

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

My Garda vetting came back in 3 days. Can I take anything from that. No AGS or courts service? Havent been told what department yet. Revenue or DSP im thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sweetiesloth

I'm 14 and haven't been called yet though

Because I think you are on a different panel to these. Aren't you on something like a HSE panel for clerical officer?

PAS have called up to 38 now for permanent placement in the civil service

Advertisement