Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Good half some lovely scores Westmeath, not the best but defending very heavy so were working hard for it.

They're killing themselves on those kick-outs though keeper doesn't look comfortable so few goals in second half be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

good first half hopefully keep at that level even if we empty the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 12,795 ✭✭✭✭JRant

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Third week caught up with Dublin. Didn't have the ability to really challenge Cork. They had the effort but it wasn't to be their day.

Very lackluster day. The forwards didn't put the cork defense under any pressure and they could pick their passes all day. The ball into the forward line was awful from the start as well.

The defense gave achers of space to the cork forwards to slot over effortless points.

In fact, Cork barely had to break a sweat to beat us today. That was as flat a performance as you'll see.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭MFPM

No real intensity in this match perhaps inevitably. Dublin not really pushing on in the second half, they've been a little sloppy but conditions are a factor.

Job done on to next week hard to read too much into the win really .

• Advertisement

Nice handy game there but very solid professional performance.

These few games will hopefully build them up before semis.

Costello has dropped off in what I've seen of him this season wonder is the legal business off the pitch causing any effect?

Pity there was no Mannion would have been a great game to bring him in hopefully see more of him next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Gael85

Ciaran Kilkenny scored his 100th senior championship point for Dublin tonight.

Player County Year Games Goals Points Total

Kilkenny, Ciaran Dublin 2012 3 0 3 3
    2013 6 0 11 11
    2014 0 0 0 0
    2015 7 0 18 18
    2016 7 0 5 5
    2017 6 1 9 12
    2018 7 2 24 30
    2019 8 1 13 16
    2020 1 0 5 5
    45 4 88 100

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Quite happy with that lads.

Everyone looked sharp. Bugler played well, as did Paddy Small. Thought Kilkenny was immense. Not much more to say really.

Next game two weeks??

Slattsy wrote: »
    Quite happy with that lads.

Everyone looked sharp. Bugler played well, as did Paddy Small. Thought Kilkenny was immense. Not much more to say really.

Next game two weeks??

Next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

First half i thought we were excellent. Second half here seemed to a little drop in standards. We will definately miss the twin speed of McCaffrey and Mannion. The forward line is lacking raw pace now i feel. It may not be shown up until we play an All Ire semi or final. Or maybe it wont be shown up at all. Only time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Is Mannion injured? What is the situation with the likes of Rory O’Carroll and Paddy Andrews, didn’t seem to be in the 26, is that just down to the quality of player available to Farrell or have they dropped off the scene?

Is Mannion injured? What is the situation with the likes of Rory O’Carroll and Paddy Andrews, didn’t seem to be in the 26, is that just down to the quality of player available to Farrell or have they dropped off the scene?

Mannion got injured against Ballymun in county semi final. Only back training last week or two. O'Carroll and Andrew's are still part of panel. Can't see them make 26 for rest of the year. 2 great servants to Dublin GAA but both past their prime.

Gael85 wrote: »
    Mannion got injured against Ballymun in county semi final. Only back training last week or two. O'Carroll and Andrew's are still part of panel. Can't see them make 26 for rest of the year. 2 great servants to Dublin GAA but both past their prime.

What age is Rory? I was initially quite exited when I heard he was back and looking forward to him playing as I thought he was brilliant for the few years before his departure, but he's been so off the pace.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What age is Rory? I was initially quite exited when I heard he was back and looking forward to him playing as I thought he was brilliant for the few years before his departure, but he's been so off the pace.

Rory is 31. Was same myself when he came back but realistic was never going to be the same player. He hadn't played for club either in 4 years either. If he had a year or two club football he would of settled into intercounty setup no problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Darren Daly is a selector now, apparently.

See here.

Rory gave great service to Dublin but we should be able to replace him now we need to have players breaking through not trying to scrape another year or so into them .

Come on Cork!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Come on Cork!

Tight, cagey match so far.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Tight, cagey match so far.

Worst I've seen Kerry play in a long time!

They can only improve.

Kerry fairly poor, alot of their big players seem off colour, that said but you'd expect them to turn it around in second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Come on Cork!

If they win this they can be the real capital for the year, as far as I am concerned!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

If they win this they can be the real capital for the year, as far as I am concerned!

Guess I'll have to get used to calling Cork the capital then

:pac:

wow did not see that sure kerry would get trough opens it up a bit and not just for dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Unbelievable.

They didn't panic at the end, did they even though the whole of Ireland was probably screaming at their tvs.

Huge upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

wow did not see that sure kerry would get trough opens it up a bit and not just for dublin.

You never know what will happen by the AI SF's weather will be even worse and make it even more of a lottery.

Teams like Donegal/Galway could beat anyone on thier day.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Hahaha, I can't ****ing believe that! I dunno all week I've had feeling it be very close today but Jesus I didn't see that coming!

What a finish as well that last-second goal.

Delighted for Cork and ****ing delighted for Kerry got what they deserved with there horrible Negative ****e football.

Guess Clifford is human after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Guess Clifford is human after all?

To quote an old saying, Clifford mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

To quote an old saying, Clifford mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

He left behind at least 3 handy scores today O Shea the same.

Only for Spillane they might not of even got to extra time.

Kerry playing 'Puke Football' who would have believed it. Fair play to Cork, I thought they'd put it up to Kerry but I didn't think they'd win it. There's been some bullsh!t around Kerry from the media, they were basically being made favourites ahead of Dublin, poor Kevin McStay will be in mourning, another year his prediction is wrong!

• Advertisement

Cool the jets. Keep the head.

That shower were by far our biggest dangers but we also could end up in a right slog in ****e weather against inferior opposition.

You'd like to think our marquee players are far more likely not to bottle it though.

Advertisement