Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I am not too pushed about Dublin winning Sam this year unless it is to stop Kerry winning it. My focus is more on the hurlers would love to see them get a bit of consistency and momentum. Annoy the 'traditional' hurling counties again.

Like every year, this is all I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭corny

I am not too pushed about Dublin winning Sam this year unless it is to stop Kerry winning it. My focus is more on the hurlers would love to see them get a bit of consistency and momentum. Annoy the 'traditional' hurling counties again.

Likewise. I'm sure i'll feel different when in the grips of watching a Dublin V Kerry final but right now I really am getting bored of watching foregone conclusions. Its a long time since i thought any team had a chance of beating Dublin. I greatly admire the players but it is getting boring.

It will be the end of the road for Mattie Kenny if Dublin lose today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Would like to see a team like Galway win it, or Tyrone or Donegal. I was going to say Mayo but people will think I was taking the Mick!

Tyrone won't be winning this year anyway.

We did better in the league this year than last year. Only for covid we would have been in a league final v kerry, which would have been a better indicator of exactly where we're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Despite my pessimism I am still hungry for another one am savouring these years as it doesn't take much to slip back into the pack and not always easy to emerge as plenty have found out before .I haven't forgotten the 15 years when we didn't reach a final after being contenders for the previous few years .

• Advertisement

Despite my pessimism I am still hungry for another one am savouring these years as it doesn't take much to slip back into the pack and not always easy to emerge as plenty have found out before .I haven't forgotten the 15 years when we didn't reach a final after being contenders for the previous few years .

Totally agree.

Savour it because when it ends this run of success will probably never happen again in your lifetime.

Who could ever get sick of the look on a kerry fan's face when they lose another championship game to us.

Or the mayo fans whooping it up when their team beats dublin in a championship game......in the 1st half ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Tyrone won't be winning this year anyway.

Completely blanked on the straight knock out. Pity Leinster is so lopsided would have a bit of interest.

I was looking at the structure of the ladies football championship. I know there is less teams. But wouldn't a similar system be way better than the current one the men have?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_All-Ireland_Senior_Ladies%27_Football_Championship

Better still could tie in seedings with the leagues, or even merge the league and championship.
    A top 8 play in 'Super 8's for example'.

Provincal championships instead of the pre season cups as well.

Since covid19 I hope there are some in the GAA thinking along those lines.
    Maybe I am in dreamland and it will just all return to the status quo after covid?
    Clubs being sidelined and fixture problems and so on - rinse and repeat.

If the GAA does not make major changes after this they never will. And more is the pity. It could be so much better.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is Paul Mannion lost or what's the crack with him ffs?

1325046621973995520?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Dillon and Hayes starting. Good move. A good start essential here i think. They never looked like beating Waterford once Waterford took a lead.

Mannion is carrying a minor injury I think. they don't need him today.

Dubs hurling line up v Cork

5GEfseh.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dillon and Hayes starting. Good move. A good start essential here i think. They never looked like beating Waterford once Waterford took a lead.

Mannion is carrying a minor injury I think. they don't need him today.

Haven't seen anything of him in a while wasn't sure what was going on with him!

Sooner he's back out there the better though he's a great player on form needs to be involved when possible! From what I can remember he didn't look great early in the league this season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Mannion went off during the Meath game after he bizarrely tried to take a penalty just after doing his ankle!

That happened during the club championship too so he'd want to watch himself.

Hurlers look good.

Now if i could only get this fkn Sky download to word :-(

Malone starts instead of Moran.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Once again leaving ourselves too much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm not the biggest hurling man, granted, and I know there's a lot of hit and hope in the game, but that seems to be all we're doing. Its all rather aimless.

But maybe this is just as good as we are...

Too dependant on frees. Cork miles better at getting scores from play. Only Sutcliffe with 2 early on and Crummy with a couple 2nd half doing anything scoring wise after 40 plus mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

Dublin are so inconsistent, slow to every ball today, Cork getting scores too easy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, we're too good for the small table, not good enough for the big table.

Problem isn't the manager either, I don't think, I think it starts earlier than that. The players coming through seem to have mental hang ups that other teams don't have. We've got great players that miss their potential all the time.

Think the board need to do a root and branch review of everything, including the board itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Fundamental skills not at inter county level, slow thinking, slow touch, slow to react.

Not helped by Mattie Kennys tactical genius granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Miles off the required standard to threaten for major honours. Full of effort. Devoid of real class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Absolutely cleaned out in the half forwards and midfield.

The amount of lobbed balls into the forwards would drive you mad. Giving the Corks backs every advantage to win the ball.

Shocking stuff.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

"Dublin have not beaten Cork for 73 years in the Championship" has to be one of the most stupid pointless stats.

Yet they repeat it 5\6 times! Really makes SKY sound silly, stats for stats sake!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Third week caught up with Dublin. Didn't have the ability to really challenge Cork. They had the effort but it wasn't to be their day.

"Dublin have not beaten Cork for 73 years in the Championship" has to be one of the most stupid pointless stats.

Yet they repeat it 5\6 times! Really makes SKY sound silly, stats for stats sake!

I was thinking that too. They use those stats all the time in sport, it's tedious.

So hurlers out. The women's team haven't looked great so far and the 4 in a row looks a struggle from this remove, hoping the men's team can click into some form tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I really don't like that jersey. If we don't get 6 in a row I'm putting all down to that.

Excellent start..This could get very messy for Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Excellent start..This could get very messy for Westmeath.

Wonder will they stick with the blanket defence, doesn’t usually end well for Leinster teams against the DUBs.

Good display so far by Dublin but Westmeath are poor enough so don't want to get carried away.

• Advertisement

Paddy Small playing well but i feel there's a lack of real pace in the full forward line without Mannion. Con is as direct as ever but Mannion terrifies the opposition. Won't be an issue today obviously but down yhe line it could be issue against the top teams.

Advertisement