Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Indeed. Weather like today really does turn games into much more even contests with the likelihood of random events like cards and penalties.

I don't think Dublin will slip up in Leinster but Ulster winner - Donegal most likely - will be tough game. Also like the look of Mayo so far. Most likely team to meet Dublin in final i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Really can't believe Kerry were beaten.
    To be honest, who-apart from Mayo would really celebrate being All Ireland champions this year.

It's just not right..struggling with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Really can't believe Kerry were beaten.
    To be honest, who-apart from Mayo would really celebrate being All Ireland champions this year.

It's just not right..struggling with it.

If Dublin make it 6 in a row ****ing sure I'll celebrate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Personally, I see Galway as the biggest obstacle. I think they will beat mayo next week and will beat Cork or tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Fantastic news! The mighty kingdom dumped out of the championship in the pissin rain. It's going to be a great Christmas after all. Yessssss!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Personally, I see Galway as the biggest obstacle. I think they will beat mayo next week and will beat Cork or tipp.

Have to say I can't see that!

The only two teams i worry about now are Galway and Donegal. And Meath or Kildare will no push over.

The only two teams i worry about now are Galway and Donegal.

Stick to worrying about Donegal so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭MFPM

Dublin are favourites and they were favourites with Kerry still in the draw. Genuinely felt Kerry were being hyped up. Galway, Mayo and Donegal are the most likely contenders and I think Donegal will be the biggest obstacle to Dublin winning this year.

The weather can even up a game on any given day, also think injuries could play a role too, Dublin can cope better than most but if Fenton or Kilkenny, in particular, got injured it might make it tough for Dublin.

Slattsy wrote:
    Have to say I can't see that!

I just think on their day they have forwards that can score heavy.

Obviously comer is a massive loss.

• Advertisement

The only two teams i worry about now are Galway and Donegal.

Not a hope Galway beat Mayo.

I just think on their day they have forwards that can score heavy.

Obviously comer is a massive loss.

Comer's out?

There's always hope with any team playing Mayo :)

One thing ye are all forgetting about is covid. Any team could be missing several players for the final if they get unlucky. Weather might not be the biggest external influence.
    Cork could with this out yet with the right luck......

Comer's out?

He done his hamstring in the league game v mayo. They're hoping he'll be fit by all Ireland semi if they make it.

He done his hamstring in the league game v mayo. They're hoping he'll be fit by all Ireland semi if they make it.

The lad has been ravaged by injuries the last year. I didn't know that knock v Mayo has put him out again. That's a blow, no doubt. Instead of a three point now win i'll go for a late winner for the tribesmen :)

The lad has been ravaged by injuries the last year. I didn't know that knock v Mayo has put him out again. That's a blow, no doubt. Instead of a three point now win i'll go for a late winner for the tribesmen

Yeah he's been so unlucky.

Beast of a player.

Beast of a player.

He's a bit of a savage. Not to be confused with the other Savages that played for Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

with the weather and covid nothing is clear cut this year it looks even enough with a few of the teams so for me the championship is up for grabs a great chance for Dublin but do not think they are too far ahead of donegal mayo may even have to watch meath in leinster its such a crazy year .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

with the weather and covid nothing is clear cut this year it looks even enough with a few of the teams so for me the championship is up for grabs a great chance for Dublin but do not think they are too far ahead of donegal mayo may even have to watch meath in leinster its such a crazy year .

Ah stop. Its Dublins to lose as it was before a ball was kicked. No team is near them yet. And I included Kerry in that before today's defeat. They will cruise through leinster, no reason to think otherwise. They will get a game in the AI semi but will still win by 5+ and will win the all Ireland.

I'm not sure where this Dublin worry is coming from tbh unless it's something to just sound like you're worried online for some strange reason.

• Advertisement

Beast of a player.

Previous post deleted..

All brawn. No brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hahaha, I can't ****ing believe that! I dunno all week I've had feeling it be very close today but Jesus I didn't see that coming!

What a finish as well that last-second goal.

Delighted for Cork and ****ing delighted for Kerry got what they deserved with there horrible Negative ****e football.

Guess Clifford is human after all?

Was Clifford playing?

The scream I let out when they scored almost beats the one during the AIF 2011.

Unbelievable ending. Knockout football has to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Taking each game as it comes especially this time of year with the weather!

Our experience will be a huge plus for us though. If Kerry had of had someone with any kind of composure there today they would of won comfortable.

I taught Donegal where gonna go far the last few years but they fell apart in the end so i dunno what to make of them just yet. They will be a game for anyone though either way.

Galway and Mayo is anyone's guess we have seen both sides of them this year.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ah stop. Its Dublins to lose as it was before a ball was kicked. No team is near them yet. And I included Kerry in that before today's defeat. They will cruise through leinster, no reason to think otherwise. They will get a game in the AI semi but will still win by 5+ and will win the all Ireland.

I'm not sure where this Dublin worry is coming from tbh unless it's something to just sound like you're worried online for some strange reason.

Ah come on there was a lot of talk of kerry. They took us to a replay last year, it wasn't that clear cut. Open for correction here but I think bookies had kerry at 5/2 to win the AI.

We're down a few players this year too. Any team would miss McCaffrey and Connolly, irrespective of who's next in line, two huge losses.

Depends if they have Willie Joe

dobman88 wrote: »

Tbf, the earlier league form wasn't confidence building, and some opt outs as well didn't help.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ah come on there was a lot of talk of kerry. They took us to a replay last year, it wasn't that clear cut. Open for correction here but I think bookies had kerry at 5/2 to win the AI.

We're down a few players this year too. Any team would miss McCaffrey and Connolly, irrespective of who's next in line, two huge losses.

Drew a game against 14 men for 40 minutes and were blessed to get out with a draw. Were well beaten in the replay with a level playing field. The gap is bigger than the media would make out.

Fair enough about the players but those coming through are still better than those coming through in other counties which is the important thing.

Any talk of Dublin demise or them not winning the 6 is hugely premature.

Tbf, the earlier league form wasn't confidence building, and some opt outs as well didn't help.

The league means fcuk all. I said it last year after being hammered by Mayo coming out of croke park and I said it a few weeks ago when Kerry won it. Mayo did nothing after it and same with Kerry this year. Main aim of any league campaign is to just stay in the division so you keep playing the top sides. Dublin will be just fine for the foreseeable.

Looking forward to the Sunday Game tonight. The Aughrim Massacre followed by the Kingdom Knock Out. Better get the popcorn ready.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the Sunday Game tonight. The Aughrim Massacre followed by the Kingdom Knock Out. Better get the popcorn ready.

You're gonna be awful disappointed when you find out Meath won.

Advertisement