Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Some score by Meath. They must be favourite for Leinster now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Did Alan McCrabbe win an all star as a forward

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Did Alan McCrabbe win an all star as a forward

Splitting hairs I think, he's right in that there isn't a single Dublin hurler right now that would make the match day 15 with a top tier county.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Bambi wrote: »
    Splitting hairs I think, he's right in that there isn't a single Dublin hurler right now that would make the match day 15 with a top tier county.

I think that's a bit unfair on the Dublin hurlers. Donal og was referring to attackers. When your trying to make forwards out of talented defenders then your in trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Think McCrabbe might have been midfield.

I think referring to all stars is a moot point as you only get them if you progress in the semi finals and Dublin have made one semi final in 60 years or so. It's not going to produce all star.

They need more than just attackers but he's not wrong in that they need them as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Davys Fits wrote: »
    I think that's a bit unfair on the Dublin hurlers. Donal og was referring to attackers. When your trying to make forwards out of talented defenders then your in trouble.

He was but it actually applies across the board. The only decent thing to happen to Dublin in the last three years was that we found a free taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Happy4all wrote: »

They could easily score five goals in a Leinster final like in 2010 I'd say!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Happy4all wrote: »

Going to be another 4 game epic with Meath, sod that penalty crap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Think McCrabbe might have been midfield.

I think referring to all stars is a moot point as you only get them if you progress in the semi finals and Dublin have made one semi final in 60 years or so. It's not going to produce all star.

They need more than just attackers but he's not wrong in that they need them as well.

We still have huge issues in the middle third of the pitch.

Our halfbacks distribution is awful.
    Midfield is as porus as a teabag.
    Half forwards don't put defenders under enough pressure when clearing the lines.

I think we'll have a few years in the doldrums being honest. There's very little in that team to suggest they can even compete at the top level, nevermind challenge.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Hurlers are just bad, let's face it. I had persuaded myself to be optimistic to extent of putting a few quid on them, but it was clear even before the goal that they were going to be beaten. Cork were using the ball intelligently and much sharper to the touch. Dublin game plan was lamping it on on top of forwards who theoretically had a physical advantage. Pity it is not NFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

one thing from dublin hurlers the basic skill is just shocking. Catching and getting the ball away very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Another disappointing defeat for the hurlers have not seen that much of them but seem to hear every year the lack of basic skills .Considering a fair effort has been put into hurling the results are not showing much at senior at all a few encouraging underage teams here and there but that seems it .I know a lot turn to football but even so I would hope there should be enough to pick from .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Kildare **** the bed in epic style there and Meath love a goal so if we manage Laois today it should be somewhat interesting final next weekend.

Once it's not as bad as last years final!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Kildare **** the bed in epic style there and Meath love a goal so if we manage Laois today it should be somewhat interesting final next weekend.

Last years final was bad. And the weather was worse. But at least you could have a few pints before and after. I do expect Meath to cause us problems this time.

Last years final was bad. And the weather was worse. But at least you could have a few pints before and after. I do expect Meath to cause us problems this time.

I got drowned at the game ha. The pub was nice after though!

Meath are all about goals atm. Keep that out there game and should be straightforward.

Kildare where ****e utter muck in that second half .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

As a Dub want Meath to lose obviously - if Dublin get there. But given it is knock out no replay always chance Dublin get caught.
    Rest of the country would go mad if Dublin was knocked out before AI final. Would be real shot in the arm for the championship. With teams who have not won it for years.

I remember the buzz and tension before Donegal v Mayo match 2012. Was at it because Dublin were in the minor.

If Dublin don't win it I would love Christmas miracle type final like that again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Open enough game early on here might be a goal or two.

Scully to slow there should of had at least one goal by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭MFPM

Scully should have buried that. Dublin in control but a bit sloppy so far.

MFPM wrote: »
    Scully should have buried that. Dublin in control but a bit sloppy so far.

Yea we have had a lot of ball but not fully settled yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What channel is Dublin v Laois on please? KO is at 4pm today, aye?

Two bad wides by Small.

Inquitus wrote: »

Rte news channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Inquitus wrote: »

It's started 15 mins ago on rte news

• Registered Users Posts: 13,747 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It's started 15 mins ago on rte news

Thanks, I have it up now, the Championships are spread across a serious rake of channels this year lol!

Funny start to the game really. Should be much further ahead but not at our best just yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Way too casual i feel so far two good goal chancws missed

This is desperate stuff by Dublin. Forwards are all over the place. They really do miss McCafferey's pace in attack.

Not worried about today but Meath and Donegal are at a much higher level than Laois.

What the **** is going on with the passing.

There's no way we would be making those errors in previous years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Loose. Very loose.

Advertisement