Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

ZX7R wrote: »
    But you didn't lose your job.
    You left your job

Yes I left it but for worries over my health, I wouldn’t have left if the virus never happened. I was due to join the westerdam in Asia. If you have been following this story for a while you would have seen it getting refused from a lot of countries over a chance of people having the virus on the ship, Cambodia eventually let them in but it turns out corona virus was on board, the ship is still in Cambodia and the cruises cancelled, if I hadn’t given in my notice before all that happened I suspect I would have been getting a email or call to say I wouldn’t be joining the ship anyways

wylo wrote: »
    Every time my body warms up a bit I think it’s all over...

Ok slight exaggeration but would be lying if I said I haven’t turned into a hypochondriac.

If you’re a menopausal woman like myself, you get what could be Covid-19 many tines a day, what’s more I gave chronic sinusitis/rhinitis and sneeze frequently at best if times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This case is in Tenerife, not the Spanish mainland.

Here’s a bit of advice on Claire Byrne Live right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

fr336 wrote: »
    Don't want to sound like stating the obvious here but we should put the apparent surges in cases into context. When you go looking for cases and testing people, hey presto you start getting cases and deaths being treated as coronavirus. When this could have been infecting and killing people all the way since December even in Europe.

it's a possibility, the WHO map of the virus spread with the red areas that we have all seen has created this visual narrative of the virus slowing spreading across the world but we don't really know when and where it went in details
    It was definitely all over Italy way before the last 3 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

I can completely understand your apprehension considering the Petri dish aka The Diamond Princess.

I hope you find a new job soon. Where in the world are you?

Thanks. I was supposed to be joining westerdam in Asia so I guess that’s what really made my mind up. I’m in Offaly, I’m not sure what would be worse- stick on the ship with the virus or stuck in Offaly with nothing to do lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

Dpg21 wrote: »
    Yes I left it but for worries over my health, I wouldn’t have left if the virus never happened. I was due to join the westerdam in Asia. If you have been following this story for a while you would have seen it getting refused from a lot of countries over a chance of people having the virus on the ship, Cambodia eventually let them in but it turns out corona virus was on board, the ship is still in Cambodia and the cruises cancelled, if I hadn’t given in my notice before all that happened I suspect I would have been getting a email or call to say I wouldn’t be joining the ship anyways

I don't blame you, probably plenty here would have made the same choice.

The same sort of thing will be the huge knock on effect from any area infected or locked down. Will people go to work or just stay at home? If front line or essential workers decide to stay at home or are infected themselves what happens?

Society is quite fragile really and under these circumstances can collapse in the blink of an eye. So I wouldn't worry about choosing not to put yourself at risk and quitting your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

Due to fly to Venice in just over two weeks...what do ya’s reckon the chances of this happening will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

Claire Byrne on RTE1 talking about it now.

Some lad back from Korea whose colleague has the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

The HSE haven't a clue how to deal with Coronavirus or how to tell the symptoms or how to test. "ah sure you'll be grand" is the mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Dave0301

old_aussie wrote: »
    So you work in a brothel?

Wait a minute, how do you know what the inside of a brothel looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

weser777 wrote: »
    Due to fly to Venice in just over two weeks...what do ya’s reckon the chances of this happening will be?

I’d say the chances are pretty good

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The HSE haven't a clue how to deal with Coronavirus or how to tell the symptoms or how to test. "ah sure you'll be grand" is the mentality

It's the Irish way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This case is in Tenerife, not the Spanish mainland.

Liveline tomorrow - hundreds cancelling their hols

• Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

... and Slim just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Here’s a bit of advice on Claire Byrne Live right now.

Chap in Korea recently but HSE won't test him. Missed the start of it, did he say his colleagues were already tested positive?

Now.. you should be washing your hands for long enough to sing twinkle twinkle Little Star according to yer man on Claire Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Itll be up to you, if you are an at risk group then probably you should reconsider, its not the end of the world life will go on, people will still go on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Dpg21 wrote: »

You were faced with a decision that most people would not like to have to make, notably risk your health for your employer. I think you chose wisely. Best wishes for your future career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

givyjoe wrote: »
    Chap in Korea recently but HSE won't test him. Missed the start of it, did he say his colleagues were already tested positive?

Yes one colleague confirmed and other colleagues have come down with symptoms.

There will be panic tomorrow if aul wans are watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

BanditLuke wrote: »
    It's the Irish way
    Just think Father Ted.

This segment on Claire Byrne feels like the toy show. Feels rushed, have a look at these masks, what do you think? Feels like tubridy at a table full of toys rushing the kids through.

Jesus those 2 girls are stunning there on ClaireByrne show

givyjoe wrote: »

His colleagues tested positive but HSE said to him you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cant believe she is travelling to China to work. Nuts

The absolute state of this nations preparation's for this. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

His colleagues tested positive but HSE said to him you'll be grand

Like I said - they don't want to test anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I’ve always admired Claire herself. Not watching tonight to see those two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

5555555555 wrote: »
    Yes one colleague confirmed and other colleagues have come down with symptoms.

There will be panic tomorrow if aul wans are watching this.

Is he on the show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement