Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Dpg21

Serious question IF this thing gets really bad and we go onto lockdown for a bit how many of us will not have jobs to go back to?

I have already lost my job because of this. I work in the cruise industry and was due back on board soon, I was getting worried about the higher risk of getting it on board so I gave in my notice even though I love my job, in the end I decided it wasn’t worth the risk, and after how process diamond turned out I feel like I made the right decision

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fr336 wrote: »
    Don't panic don't panic don't panic

Corporal jones is alive I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

fr336 wrote: »
    Time to get Ben Shepherd in

3 counters on statistics please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I think its overwhelmingly unlikely that the flu anyone had here recently is related to covid but it's easy enough to create a narrative that shows it to be possible, albeit extremely improbable:

It started in Wuhan in November. A lot of people around Xmas and after were talking about the flu they had being the worst flu theyve ever had and there were reports mentioning it not being covered by the vaccine - which would make sense if it's a different virus.

It would make sense except it wasnt covid 19 and the vaccines for this year just missed the mark more than usual which can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Travelling to Bali in April...suppose I best start looking for face masks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

mojesius wrote: »

Everyone seemed to be sniffly and coughing on the train this morning, but I think I'm more aware of it recently.

Every time my body warms up a bit I think it’s all over...

Ok slight exaggeration but would be lying if I said I haven’t turned into a hypochondriac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Dpg21 wrote: »
    I have already lost my job because of this. I work in the cruise industry and was due back on board soon, I was getting worried about the higher risk of getting it on board so I gave in my notice even though I love my job, in the end I decided it wasn’t worth the risk, and after how process diamond turned out I feel like I made the right decision

But you didn't lose your job.
    You left your job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

ZX7R wrote: »
    You left your job

I'm worried I might lose my job tomorrow. Can't be arsed going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

More than 3,000 medical staff and doctors - many of which were deployed to Wuhan by Beijing only a couple of weeks a go - have now been infected.

1200641672.jpg.0.jpg

CCP and their leader looking mighty weak!

President Xi himself of course has not made the journey. Not hard to understand why he won't stand among his people in the epicenter of this unfolding disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

You left your job

It was their decision to leave but the virus was the reason.

• Advertisement

I'm worried I might lose my job tomorrow. Can't be arsed going in.

Ha
    I don't think people realise how quickly things will return to normal.
    Even the people in Wuhan have returned to work in certain areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

David Abel son, the English man that was vlogging from the Princess Diamond hasn't updated his YouTube channel today. He seemed to be deteriorating much quicker than his wife and the son seemed a bit oblivious to the seriousness of his condition. He was so angry that they wanted to ventilate David when he was still talking.
    Hope he's ok.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

As I said ,they didn't lose their job.
    They left it.
    They didn't lose their job because of the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I had to double check it was Monday. What are they at?
    Shouldn't we also be thinking about cancelling the rugby and also the St Patricks Day Parade? Or am I am being overdramatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Kaisr Sose wrote: »

Still not the same thing as losing your job over it.

Dpg21 wrote: »

I can completely understand your apprehension considering the Petri dish aka The Diamond Princess.

I hope you find a new job soon. Where in the world are you?

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Shouldn't we also be thinking about cancelling the rugby and also the St Patricks Day Parade? Or am I am being overdramatic?

And Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

As I said ,they didn't lose their job.
    They left it.
    They didn't lose their job because of the virus

Its a moot point but the poster has no job and they cite the virus as the reason for that. Does it really matter or would it be easier to accept their loss of employment if the employer laid him off because of the impact of the virus on their business?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Ha
    I don't think people realise how quickly things will return to normal.
    Even the people in Wuhan have returned to work in certain areas

God love them. Illegal not to go back to work.
    If you get sick, it's not anwork related illness your on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭5555555555

And Cheltenham

And gigs, pubs and schools ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

And Cheltenham
    I was thinking of what should be done in Ireland but I agree about Cheltenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

And Cheltenham

Some good could come of this so.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    David Abel son, the English man that was vlogging from the Princess Diamond hasn't updated his YouTube channel today. He seemed to be deteriorating much quicker than his wife and the son seemed a bit oblivious to the seriousness of his condition. He was so angry that they wanted to ventilate David when he was still talking.
    Hope he's ok.

A lot of presumptions there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I dont think so. Society shouldn’t stop functioning but large unnecessary gatherings aren’t needed right now tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

You are definitely not being over dramatic

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Latest victim: Mission Impossible. Amusing considering the conspiracy theories about the virus would fit into the plot of one of those movies.

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1232040512162586624?s=21

Time to break out the bob marleys, haven't smoked in a bit but might stock up on the Mary Jane to kill sometime while in quarrintine https://www.sott.net/article/429210-How-to-prevent-coronavirus-Start-smoking

They obligatorily smoked the smog of the cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭maurv2

In Italy, it seems the area put on lockdown consisted of a group of small(ish) towns all in the same general area..nobody allowed in or out except for very special reasons(whatever that actually means).
    We were just wondering here tonight at home..say a number of cases arose in a small towns here , would the authorities here implement the same thing? Cordon off a large area?

What about big cities, would certain areas be cordoned off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement