Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Any update on the speculation that it can leave lasting damage in the lungs after recovery?

Some pro cyclists have it and something like that could end their carear.

Runaways wrote: »
    In my own experience not really at all despite ringing them 4 times now and with good cause having come from an at risk region and in a heap with flu last 5 or 6 days. ‘Well get back to you’ is all I’ve been told.

I’m wondering will I actually get that call in a few days maybe but let’s see.

Guaranteed there’s loads of people walking around wit it no symptoms yet. It’s probably mathematically impossible that there wouldn’t be.
    And then we’ll be running after it rather than out in front.

Are you anywhere near the border or know anyone there. You could pop over and ring 111. That might treat it with more urgency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

BanditLuke wrote: »
    You're having one of those days pal. Maybe take a hour or two to regroup and think about the cancer post.

Regards, Luke

Oh the post you couldn't understand?:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

fr336 wrote: »
    The thing that's worrying me most right now is the lack of recoveries. Sure they're alive, but after weeks and weeks they're still in danger.

Cases Deaths Recoveries
    China (mainland)[c] 79,251 2,835 39,246
    South Korea 3,150 17 28
    Italy 1,128 29 50
    International conveyance[d] 705 6 10
    Iran[e] 593 43 123
    Japan 241 5 42
    Singapore 102 0 72
    France 100 2 12
    Hong Kong 94 2 33
    Germany 79 0 16

I think the lack of recoveries could be down to a lack of testing to confirm its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I’d be looking closely at the husband if I was the police in that case.

And would that be because the coroners findings, or your own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It'll be interesting to see what the Government do with the Dublin St Patrick's Day Parade here. Certainly no need for undue alarm currently given we have no official cases, but I'm sure the HSE will be somewhat concerned given the high number of tourists due to attend the festivities. Some huge decisions to be made over the next few weeks.

There are no plans at present to cancel the parade or festival. Tourism chiefs say they are monitoring the situation but it would probably take the arrival of the virus in Ireland in significant numbers to cancel the parade and festival at such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Cupatae wrote: »
    Oh the post you couldn't understand?:D:D

Mortified for you

:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don’t watch much of Trump but it looks like he’s reading and sticking to his script, is that normal? He usually seems off the cuff from the small bit I see if him.

Mortified for you

:o

im laughing at you cause you think you've one up but literally misunderstood the post :D:D:D im after runining your "AH HA!" moment im sorry :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Are you anywhere near the border or know anyone there. You could pop over and ring 111. That might treat it with more urgency.

No I’m in D7 for my sins. Stoneybatter

Funny enough I’m told our local lidl was grand. Plenty of pasta n basics.

There was a huge hissy fight at the veg aisle apparently. No avocados in the whole post code it seems haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In my own experience not really at all despite ringing them 4 times now and with good cause having come from an at risk region and in a heap with flu last 5 or 6 days. ‘Well get back to you’ is all I’ve been told.

I’m wondering will I actually get that call in a few days maybe but let’s see.

Guaranteed there’s loads of people walking around wit it no symptoms yet. It’s probably mathematically impossible that there wouldn’t be.
    And then we’ll be running after it rather than out in front.

People had a go at me earlier over this. It's crazily scary how he HSE seem to be ignoring this. They're thinking to themselves "Ah he's probably just a bit of a hypochondriac, he's grand". You sound like you have all the symptoms and came from a risk area. This is what terrifies me. People will die trusting what the HSE tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Trump looks exhausted.. I say he is mad that he is not golfing right now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Titclamp wrote: »
    I'm starving
    I heard you've a high chance of getting the virus from having sex with a bat?
    You're probably one of those smokers who looks like ****.
    800,000 die a year from suicide.
    and I could have quoted more

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

pc7 wrote: »
    I don’t watch much of Trump but it looks like he’s reading and sticking to his script, is that normal? He usually seems off the cuff from the small bit I see if him.

There is no script, he waffling on some amount of ****e. And if there is script, the person who wrote it needs to make sure they took their lunch box out of their school bag so there's no rotten food in there by the time Monday morning comes.

Recessions are started by nervous chatter then print media then panic.
    Probably the same thing here.
    Keep it all calm by downplaying it and stay quiet except to reinsure how to stay safe.

And in the meantime people are getting infected

Strazdas wrote: »
    There are no plans at present to cancel the parade or festival. Tourism chiefs say they are monitoring the situation but it would probably take the arrival of the virus in Ireland in significant numbers to cancel the parade and festival at such short notice.

Do we get many participating bands or troupes in the parade from europe?? I know there’s loads of America ln high school bands etc

The parade ironically could be that influx of high numbers of infections

I haven't been keeping up with this thread the last couple of days, too busy. But just read a few recent posts.

Can't believe people are saying covid-19 is a common cold.

The common cold is just a type of coronavirus, as is Covid-19. That doesn't make them the same. Bit like saying a hammer is a screwdriver because they're both tools.

antodeco wrote: »
    People had a go at me earlier over this. It's crazily scary how he HSE seem to be ignoring this. They're thinking to themselves "Ah he's probably just a bit of a hypochondriac, he's grand". You sound like you have all the symptoms and came from a risk area. This is what terrifies me. People will die trusting what the HSE tell them.

His in the right place here on boards, theirs plenty of experts to look after him.:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hurrache wrote: »
    There is no script, he waffling on some amount of ****e. And if there is script, the person who wrote it needs to make sure they took their lunch box out of their school bag so there's no rotten food in there by the time Monday morning comes.

Just looked like he was reading it, I usually only hear him on radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump looks exhausted.. I say he is mad that he is not golfing right now

Imagine having that man in charge during this crisis. Then again at least he's doing something Leo is hiding in his bunker

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Strazdas wrote: »
    It makes sense. It seems the virus may have been in Italy for weeks without anyone even being aware of it. You can't take preventative or containment measures against something you are not aware of.

Yes it's plausible, maybe even likely, but I certainly hope the Italian authorities are not being so blase...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

pc7 wrote: »
    Just looked like he was reading it, I usually only hear him on radio.

He often gets a script of some sort but regularly scribbles over it with his own notes so it's often pretty useless.

antodeco wrote: »

I’m terrified too trying just to keep it optimistic. But I am baffled by their response. I kinda get and understand ‘self isolate and stay there’ is actually a great policy in theory to stop spreading.
    But it not fvckin helping me right now or the last few days. My family are all aware and checking up but
    If this gets worse an I get really sick I’d absolutely be having words with them later legally.

**if you have private health insurance what the story I wonder?? Can you get checked on your insurance and private clinic or whatever?

I haven't been keeping up with this thread the last couple of days, too busy. But just read a few recent posts.

Can't believe people are saying covid-19 is a common cold.

The common cold is just a type of coronavirus, as is Covid-19. That doesn't make them the same. Bit like saying a hammer is a screwdriver because they're both tools.

That's not the half of it.

Some lad keeps comparing it to cancer, no really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Off the top of my head , other European countries who have not reported a case

Sweden
    Malta
    Romania
    Croatia
    Serbia
    Portugal
    Finland

Maybe I'm out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Stheno wrote: »
    Off the top of my head , other European countries who have not reported a case

Sweden
    Malta
    Romania
    Croatia
    Serbia
    Portugal
    Finland

Maybe I'm out of date

Poland

That's not the half of it.

Some lad keeps comparing it to cancer, no really.

Rent free! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Supercell wrote: »
    The government are stifling any replying on the multiple cases being treated here. It reminds me of talking down the economy in 2007, our politicians think we are not able to handle the truth until it's totally undeniable.

I hope the Chief Medical Officer does not enter Irish history as the Financial Regulator did in 2008.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement