Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scrabbles38

tom1ie wrote: »
    So your telling me you’ve come from a virus hot spot, your showing symptoms, you’ve contacted H.S.E hotline, and they’re telling you to self isolate but haven’t taken you to a facility to check you for covid?
    Hmmmm are you serious or taking the piss? Or are the Hse just inept and negligent with regard to this.

Plus his flat mate is a nurse, who does not care about where he has come back from or his symptoms as they are still going to work and not helping him🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

if this is the response i.e no response people are getting off the HSE there will be a huge outbreak here in the blink of an eye if it is being ignored or just this badly managed i am absolutely astounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

pc7 wrote: »
    Lassie ;)
    Oops!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    if this is the response i.e no response people are getting off the HSE there will be a huge outbreak here in the blink of an eye if it is being ignored or just this badly managed i am absolutely astounded.

Id take that with a grain of salt, its here say being thrown around on here. Id highly doubt it d be ignored...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

damianmcr wrote: »
    Oops!

Ha ha not at all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

I know and non of us know if he has it or not but its a bit worrying that they don't even respond or test people who are sick and have been abroad very hard to keep on top of something you aren't even looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Cupatae wrote: »
    Prob people reporting they think they might have it? i somehow doubt they d be deliberately ignoring cases. Factor in our Heath care system does be stretched at the best of times.

Someone whos been in an affected area presenting with symptoms and the HSE not wanting to know sounds like deliberate head in sand stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,972 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Remember how well they handled the cervical cancer tests?
    Well, it's like that except the consequences will be magnified because it's an infectious disease.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Plus his flat mate is a nurse, who does not care about where he has come back from or his symptoms as they are still going to work and not helping him🀔

He’s in the hse a long long time. You could be bleeding from your eye socket and be declared by him a drama queen, it’s nothing.

He did get me painkillers tho

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Remember how well they handled the cervical cancer tests?
    Well, it's like that except the consequences will be magnified because it's an infectious disease.

Remember how they got mauled for it ? doubt they d be keen for a repeat performance. And in fairness if you and me can see that id imagine healthcare professionals will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

They are not testing like they should be.

Scotland has tested 7 times more as I previously said.

The danger, and it is a real danger reputationally, is that when they test properly there will be a whole slew of cases being announced at once.

Not the headlines a country would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hmm. I don't know the details of infection patterns in Northern Spain/Southern France. I'd be guessing that region is no riskier than anywhere else in continental Europe...

Well who knows, we can speculate here forever.

BUT a few years ago we did most of the Camino de Santiago (in stages over
    two years obv) and stayed for a few days in the Albergues. Even then they were hotbeds of bed bugs and viruses, but great fun too. Some places had/have up to 200 people staying in close proximity from all over the world in bunks.

We stayed in private rooms after a week to be honest, but still met up with those who stayed in the Albergues. I wouldn't do it this year, even though we want to do the last lap for the Compostela. Some day, and we are so close to Sarria/Santiago section. Not this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I know hospital beds are full. But how difficult would it be to arrange for a nurse to call to someones home and do a swab test that can be sent to the lab?
    Not for everyone that is panicing over this but for people with the travel history and corisponding sysptoms?

Bambi wrote: »
    Someone whos been in an affected area presenting with symptoms and the HSE not wanting to know sounds like deliberate head in sand stuff.

So they say! its a post online not to discredit anyone but you dont know if thats factual or not. i could sit here saying ive CONVID-19 describe the symptoms and say xy and z about the HSE... not saying thats the case but you dont know.

They are not testing like they should be.

Scotland has tested 7 times more as I previously said.

The danger, and it is a real danger reputationally, is that when they test properly there will be a whole slew of cases being announced at once.

Not the headlines a country would want.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen I reckon

Remember the school ski trip coming into cork with sick kids and the reporter from the examiner being told to keep it quiet.

That was only this week.

They don’t want focus on the hospitals. Nit while we have no government and health service being the other white hot issue after housing currently.

This is being dampened. I’m now sure of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

I'm supposed to go to India on a trip in March, what would you advise?

Runaways wrote: »
    That’s exactly what’s going to happen I reckon

Remember the school ski trip coming into cork with sick kids and the reporter from the examiner being told to keep it quiet.

That was only this week.

They don’t want focus on the hospitals. Nit while we have no government and health service being the other white hot issue after housing currently.

This is being dampened. I’m now sure of it.

Not only that - Scotland has tested 7 times more but

think about this - Dublin Airport alone handles far more passengers than all Scottish airports combined.

No case to be made. We are not testing enough people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

tillyfilly wrote: »
    I'm supposed to go to India on a trip in April , what would you advise?

Watch out for elephants people stampeded to death there every year.

Definitely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Step one. Unfollow this thread if you're for serious advice. It's a hysteria thread. People demanding that nurses are sent out to everyone with a cold back from skiing. the thing is going to breakout, just wash your hands frequently. Someone even suggested they would sue someone if they got sick because of them

• Advertisement

The absolute most insane and yet comical ‘F corona what about ...’ response. Ever

‘From 2000 to 2017, CDC recorded 1,109 deaths from a hornet, wasp, or bee sting. There was an average of 62 such deaths a year!’

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Another confirmed case in the same hotel in Tenerife. An Italian national from the same travel group as the original cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

A second opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,972 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Things to consider...

Are you in an at risk group?
    Or close family member?

You may have to self isolate for 2 weeks on your return.
    Can you do that effectively bearing in mind your living arrangements, family and work commitments.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Seriously. India in the middle of a pandemic?

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Things to consider...

Are you in an at risk group?
    Or close family member?

You may have to self isolate for 2 weeks on your return.
    Can you do that effectively bearing in mind your living arrangements, family and work commitments.

Most common sense post on here. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Seriously. India in the middle of a pandemic?
    Not many cases in India. The Himalayas are useful for something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

fritzelly wrote: »

Hold on til we learn Spanish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement