Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Yes they must be following boards.ie :rolleyes:

or you know the media and statistics... :rolleyes::rolleyes: you know reporting case by case has an effect especially on those that are gullible enough to think its the end of days or close to the "spanish influenza" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only hysterical person is you.

Really im fairly calm here... news to me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Cupatae wrote: »
    or you know the media and statistics... :rolleyes::rolleyes: you know reporting case by case has an effect especially on those that are gullible enough to think its the end of days or close to the "spanish influenza" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is that you Vicky Pollard?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

gabeeg wrote: »
    Germany, France and Spain seem to be on the same trajectory

Doubling roughly every 2 days

Italy, Germany, France and Spain has cases doubling and so far Ireland only has one confirmed case that travelled up north. That doesn't sit well with me. How come other European countries have cases doubling and we still only have one case. Is the HSE even dealing with this at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Watched outbreak last night... and all three male leads Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Spacey and Cuban Gooding Jr. have been accused of sexual assault..... make of that what you will.....

So was your namesake.

• Advertisement

Yes because during this outbreak the media should be focused on football or car racing or something.

They could do that if all those events were not canceled for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

The fact that most of the "experts" on this thread have to be told that and cant comprehend that on there own says it all really.

They just love it the hysteria.

You'd be scared too if you could do sums

Ignorance is bliss, until you pick up a bad dose from licking windows

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

France looks like it may be on the verge of becoming a problem similar to Italy in terms of numbers.

I don't hold out much hope of the France v Ireland 6Ns match going ahead on the 14th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yes because during this outbreak the media should be focused on football or car racing or something.

They could do that if all those events were not canceled for some strange reason.

The football is cancelled?

Soneone should tell sky sports, they're showing the Liverpool game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Runaways wrote: »
    Will do.

I’ve heard of it but never realized how serious or how many it killed. Scary man
    A woman died days after being pricked by a rose thorn, an inquest was told yesterday.

Jeanne Harris, 61, pricked her left finger when pruning roses last June, her husband said in a statement to Cirencester magistrates' court.

Two days later her left elbow had swollen, and he took her to the doctor.

Mrs Harris, a part-time cleaner from South Cerney, Gloucestershire, vomited on the way there and was referred to Cirencester Hospital.

Her condition deteriorated and she was taken to Cheltenham General Hospital for surgery. She died six days after being pricked.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/woman-died-after-being-pricked-by-rose-thorn-9175388.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

owlbethere wrote: »
    Italy, Germany, France and Spain has cases doubling and so far Ireland only has one confirmed case that travelled up north. That doesn't sit well with me. How come other European countries have cases doubling and we still only have one case. Is the HSE even dealing with this at all?

It's conducted 100 tests or so over the last month

Completely and utterly inadequate. We're flying blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Well Ireland isn't on mainland Europe or anywhere near as big population wise as those countries. The UK cases are also quite low so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Italys figures make sense in that they were hit with it first so didn't have anything ready when it hit 3 weeks ago so this is the fall out from that. I'd imagine they will actually stabilise over the next week or so (not go exponentially up)

Well if you'd imagine it that's good enough for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

In my own experience not really at all despite ringing them 4 times now and with good cause having come from an at risk region and in a heap with flu last 5 or 6 days. ‘Well get back to you’ is all I’ve been told.

I’m wondering will I actually get that call in a few days maybe but let’s see.

Guaranteed there’s loads of people walking around wit it no symptoms yet. It’s probably mathematically impossible that there wouldn’t be.
    And then we’ll be running after it rather than out in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's conducted 100 tests or so over the last month

Completely and utterly inadequate. We're flying blind.

Scotland alone has conducted 7 times more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The government are stifling any replying on the multiple cases being treated here. It reminds me of talking down the economy in 2007, our politicians think we are not able to handle the truth until it's totally undeniable.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Trump's latest coronavirus press conference will be here.

Needless to say have the popcorn at the ready.

Did i miss this? Or has it not started yet?

All good, loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I heard that the cycling event in Abu Dhabi was cancelled. Is UAE an issue at all? Only asking because my sister who would go into the Amazon jungle without a hat or a bug spray is going to Dubai soon.

But hey, if she's not worried, why should I be? But you know yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Well if you'd imagine it that's good enough for me...

It makes sense. It seems the virus may have been in Italy for weeks without anyone even being aware of it. You can't take preventative or containment measures against something you are not aware of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It'll be interesting to see what the Government do with the Dublin St Patrick's Day Parade here. Certainly no need for undue alarm currently given we have no official cases, but I'm sure the HSE will be somewhat concerned given the high number of tourists due to attend the festivities. Some huge decisions to be made over the next few weeks.

lad watford are up 2-0 v the pool could ruin there unbeaten season... ahh **** did wreck ur post and you were tryna be smart and all.. sorry lad! get on to banditluke for a cuddle princess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Not sure if this has been posted already but makes for interesting reading https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html

You'd be scared too if you could do sums

Ignorance is bliss, until you pick up a bad dose from licking windows

And then ill recover aww bit lackluster isnt it! dont let me stop ur little panic parade tho! carry on!

The thing that's worrying me most right now is the lack of recoveries. Sure they're alive, but after weeks and weeks they're still in danger.

Cases Deaths Recoveries
    China (mainland)[c] 79,251 2,835 39,246
    South Korea 3,150 17 28
    Italy 1,128 29 50
    International conveyance[d] 705 6 10
    Iran[e] 593 43 123
    Japan 241 5 42
    Singapore 102 0 72
    France 100 2 12
    Hong Kong 94 2 33
    Germany 79 0 16

lad watford are up 2-0 v the pool could ruin there unbeaten season... ahh **** did wreck ur post and you were tryna be smart and all.. sorry lad! get on to banditluke for a cuddle princess

I won't be taking a cuddle from anybody thank you very much.:P

Are there any mods in the building

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Really im fairly calm here... news to me lol

You're having one of those days pal. Maybe take a hour or two to regroup and think about the cancer post.

Regards, Luke

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    The government are stifling any replying on the multiple cases being treated here. It reminds me of talking down the economy in 2007, our politicians think we are not able to handle the truth until it's totally undeniable.

Recessions are started by nervous chatter then print media then panic.
    Probably the same thing here.
    Keep it all calm by downplaying it and stay quiet except to reinsure how to stay safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement