Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don’t believe it’s true but someone told me the second death was in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 28,892 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gael23 wrote: »

i was told this last night as well, was also told who the person was, but im not gonna say much more. i feel for the family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Yeah heard it yesterday afternoon myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i was told this last night as well, was also told who the person was, but im not gonna say much more. i feel for the family
    Yeah heard it yesterday afternoon myself

Its not true and is in very bad taste to be spreading a rumour like that ,the person who died was in the East of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Its not true and is in very bad taste to be spreading a rumour like that ,the person who died was in the East of the country

As I said I don’t believe it’s true but I heard it twice

As I said I don’t believe it’s true but I heard it twice

Doesn't matter how many times you heard it,it's still not true.

https://twitter.com/Deisesupes/status/1238889916697841669

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This town really is full of curtain twitchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Squinting Windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I never hear any rumours like that because people know if anybody says any rumour to me, straight away I respond, 'can you confirm that otherwise it could and is probably BS'. Funny seeing their heads when without saying it, you're calling them idiotic busybodies, most people with at least a couple of brain cells quit their $hit€ talk after that.

• Advertisement

Take your pic of the south
    29 males and 10 females are confirmed.

Of today's cases:

21 are associated with the east of the country
    13 associated with the south
    3 associated with the north-west
    2 cases associated with the west of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I do think there is now an bonus on pubs to close

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Waterford people taking this very seriously.
    The city centre was very quiet today, looked like more staff than shoppers in most places.
    Understandable, but more important than ever to shop local now if possible.

Busiest shop I saw was Smiths Toys, and the most popular items, Jigsaws and Board Games

And to support those eateries that have made provision for safe space, where possible al fresco dining will be the on trend thing when the temperature picks up.

Max Powers wrote: »
    I never hear any rumours like that because people know if anybody says any rumour to me, straight away I respond, 'can you confirm that otherwise it could and is probably BS'. Funny seeing their heads when without saying it, you're calling them idiotic busybodies, most people with at least a couple of brain cells quit their $hit€ talk after that.

These are spread through whatsapp groups all it takes it one person to make up something and add in i heard it from someone in the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's going to be harder to find an open pub from tomorrow on. Right thing to do but hard on staff etc who are missing out on pay

Confirmed closed
    Causeway group places
    Katy Barry's
    Jordons
    Phil Grimes
    Downes

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Seems to be lots of talk/rumour of Full 2 week lockdown starting Tuesday morning. Probably needed, judging by the videos of idiots in pubs in Dublin being posted and the teenagers taking no notice of the request to act responsibly

Also stating this could last anything up to 6-12 months

Bad times ahead on a lot of levels for all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

coastwatch wrote: »
    Waterford people taking this very seriously.
    The city centre was very quiet today, looked like more staff than shoppers in most places.
    Understandable, but more important than ever to shop local now if possible.

Busiest shop I saw was Smiths Toys, and the most popular items, Jigsaws and Board Games

Were you taking it very seriously yourself, as you coughed and spluttered your diseased arse all across town counting heads...?! :pac:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's going to be harder to find an open pub from tomorrow on. Right thing to do but hard on staff etc who are missing out on pay
    Confirmed closed
    Causeway group places
    Katy Barry's
    Jordons
    Phil Grimes
    Downes

Are you serious?,id say the staff would rather not catch the virus in a pub full of people.

This is only the beginning the country is going into lockdown soon,get used to it.

Hairdressers must be ready to close down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Confirmed closed
    Causeway group places
    Katy Barry's
    Jordons
    Phil Grimes
    Downes

The Hub closing tonight as per their facebook page.

The Hub closing tonight as per their facebook page.

Tom Mahers too,at this rate every pub will be closed tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Probably to help public servants get to work without endangering themselves on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The Gardai renting cars was in the news 2 days ago at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

The army have said that we are not going into lockdown,God help us if we are, The state of the shops at the weekend, Never seen anything like it loads of empty shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

The army have said that we are not going into lockdown,God help us if we are, The state of the shops at the weekend, Never seen anything like it loads of empty shelves.

In all fairness what could the army do anyway? Do people think if they are deployed they will be walking around with their guns looking for people roaming the streets. The rumours which spring up from social media are hilarious sometimes and this is another hilarious story albeit in a difficult time for people.

Eggs? Why are people hoarding something you can't freeze?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Because of a Facebook rumour started by the egg-industrial complex.

Advertisement