Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

Are we under the assumption currently that everything will reopen on 29th as nbormal, or should we have something listing all companies and their open/closed status?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I wouldn't be making any assumptions about the future. Things are changing practically daily. The 29th is an "at least until" date.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Are we under the assumption currently that everything will reopen on 29th as nbormal, or should we have something listing all companies and their open/closed status?

I would say plan for 6 weeks of this and hope it's less, i don't see 29th being a date where everything returns to normal, just looking at how the disease is working, you are often 7-14 days behind the actual situation, so it's hard to tell. i would imagine given how the numbers are jumping day to day, that around the 29th might actually be the peak of the disease here, so hopefully after that it starts to die down and the lockdown/self isolating works.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

from WLRFM

"The Waterford City branch of the Red Cross say there are a group of individuals pretending to be them are going door
    to door offering test swabs for the Coronavirus and charging one hundred euro.

The Red Cross say the group are targeting older people.

They say they do not carry out anything like this.

They are advising anyone who is approached by this group to contact Gardai straight away.

The Red Cross Members on duty always wear full uniform and also has to carry their unique membership ID card.

"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

spookwoman wrote: »
    from WLRFM

"The Waterford City branch of the Red Cross say there are a group of individuals pretending to be them are going door

They are advising anyone who is approached by this group to contact Gardai straight away.

The Red Cross Members on duty always wear full uniform and also has to carry their unique membership ID card.

"

Disgraceful carry on

Bet it's the same scum that run scams all over the place on social media etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

from WLRFM

"

The world really has some complete arseholes on it

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

from WLRFM

"

Scum of the earth! They know exactly what they're doing targeting older people who are probably terrified at the moment with all this talk of "it's just the sick and the elderly who have to worry".

If you can, please keep an eye on your relatives, friends and neighbours at this time and, at any time. Even if life returns to "normal" for the majority of people in 2/4/6/8 weeks/months, unfortunately, certain groups will have this looming over them for a lot longer.

Got into Tesco at 7am this morning and shelves still empty. Few eggs, some bread and 1 spaghetti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Scum of the earth! They know exactly what they're doing targeting older people who are probably terrified at the moment with all this talk of "it's just the sick and the elderly who have to worry".

If you can, please keep an eye on your relatives, friends and neighbours at this time and, at any time. Even if life returns to "normal" for the majority of people in 2/4/6/8 weeks/months, unfortunately, certain groups will have this looming over them for a lot longer.

A swift bang of a bta if they attempt to come anywhere near were I live, they will be needing a swab themselves when they leave the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

from WLRFM

"

I hope they get a hammering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Got into Tesco at 7am this morning and shelves still empty. Few eggs, some bread and 1 spaghetti.

SuperValu seem to better at keeping their shelves stocked. I'm told this is due to pretty much all their stuff coming from Ireland itself while much of Tesco's stuff comes from Britain. Don't know how much truth is in that. I was in a SuperValu yesterday and the shelves were well stocked to be fair. Maybe SuperValu is the place to go in a time of crisis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I was in Tesco yesterday and everything was stocked

robtri wrote: »

Looked like they were just sorting the stuff out. I don't know would it better to even close an hour early the night before and restock the shelves so they are full the following morning

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

robtri wrote: »

I've been to Tesco SuperValu Aldi and feckin Lidl in the last 48 hours and all were well stocked.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

must be an ardkeen thing

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Dunnes in City Square well stocked in everything. Possibly managing slightly better as they don't offer online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Flow Motion

I've been to Tesco SuperValu Aldi and feckin Lidl in the last 48 hours and all were well stocked.

Any of the shops I've been to the last few days had loads of stuff. In Ardkeen Shopping Centre Sunday morning and they even had stacks of toilet roll FFS!
    I think its the fear of the unknown and the waves of social media posts are causing people to be irrational.

Have a read of the following:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200304-coronavirus-covid-19-update-why-people-are-stockpiling?xtor=ES-213-[BBC%20Features%20Newsletter]-2020March13-[Worklife%7c+Button]

Any of the shops I've been to the last few days had loads of stuff. In Ardkeen Shopping Centre Sunday morning and they even had stacks of toilet roll FFS!
    I think its the fear of the unknown and the waves of social media posts are causing people to be irrational.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200304-coronavirus-covid-19-update-why-people-are-stockpiling?xtor=ES-213-[BBC%20Features%20Newsletter]-2020March13-[Worklife%7c+Button]
    Shelves were empty at 7am and staff where working on them. 7-9 is OAP time, there were a few in when we were there and more arrived when leaving but whats the use of have oap time if its the same where the shelves are empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Irrational indeed. If Irelands food production was cut in half we would still have more than the population could consume. That is not going to happen of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did you know Ireland actually imports spuds routinely? and that the amount of veg production is tiny due to cripplingly low wholesale prices which has forced many out of business in the last 20 years?

Our food supply is not as secure as people imagine - "look at all that grass and the cows!"

• Advertisement

We're the second most food secure nation on the planet behind Singapore. Although in real terms we're first because Singapore import a huge percentage of theirs.

We're the second most food secure nation on the planet behind Singapore. Although in real terms we're first because Singapore import a huge percentage of theirs.

so panic buying makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    so panic buying makes perfect sense

Strategic buying does make sense, panic buying does not.

Last Monday I bought a little bit more of certain items that I'd normally buy. An extra loaf of bread and the extra went in the freezer for example. Bought a little extra meat with some going in the freezer, plus meat with a good shelf life like steak in vacuum pack. Some tins of fish, tins of beans in case we got stuck, pulses and grains. Nothing mad. I only need to top up on the odd thing now like milk for the next couple of weeks.

Panic buying is people buying stuff they don't need, and unfortunately a lot of it will go in the bin. My thoughts go to those who can't do a bigger shop because they can't afford it or have cash flow issues, or older people who might be a bit intimidated by all of the hustle and bustle.

hardybuck wrote: »
    Strategic buying does make sense, panic buying does not.

Last Monday I bought a little bit more of certain items that I'd normally buy. An extra loaf of bread and the extra went in the freezer for example. Bought a little extra meat with some going in the freezer, plus meat with a good shelf life like steak in vacuum pack. Some tins of fish, tins of beans in case we got stuck, pulses and grains. Nothing mad. I only need to top up on the odd thing now like milk for the next couple of weeks.

Panic buying is people buying stuff they don't need, and unfortunately a lot of it will go in the bin. My thoughts go to those who can't do a bigger shop because they can't afford it or have cash flow issues, or older people who might be a bit intimidated by all of the hustle and bustle.

panic buying is making absolute perfect sense to me, its the first time in our lifetime we re being challenged by a pandemic, rational behavior leaves the building, abruptly

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    panic buying is making absolute perfect sense to me, its the first time in our lifetime we re being challenged by a pandemic, rational behavior leaves the building, abruptly

People like you make me sick.Am alright fcuk everybody else attitude.Your to blame for the mothers that can't get baby food or nappies, Your to blame for the elderly that have no food.But as long as your freezer is full fcuk everbody.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Anybody on here got tested yet? Doctor submitted me for testing Monday and still haven't heard a thing. Are we again being left in the cold regarding drive through/community test centres? My symptoms were at their worst on Sunday, gradually getting better since. Il be recovered by the time I get tested. Kind of infuriating because I could be in work rather than sitting at home if I tested negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BlueSkyDay

tbayers wrote: »
    Anybody on here got tested yet? Doctor submitted me for testing Monday and still haven't heard a thing. Are we again being left in the cold regarding drive through/community test centres? My symptoms were at their worst on Sunday, gradually getting better since. Il be recovered by the time I get tested. Kind of infuriating because I could be in work rather than sitting at home if I tested negative.

Same boat as u.

Frustrating to say the least.
    And nobody knows what one dept is saying to another

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

BlueSkyDay wrote: »
    Same boat as u.

Frustrating to say the least.
    And nobody knows what one dept is saying to another

I want to go back to work but obviously after showing signs they won't go near me till I get a test. Rang doctor back they only submit to a system and that's it. They told me to let them know when I get tested to give others an idea.

Very frustrating to see Ciara Kelly on Newstalk get a test on Sunday and get results yesterday, one rule for those higher people in society :mad:

People like you make me sick.Am alright fcuk everybody else attitude.Your to blame for the mothers that can't get baby food or nappies, Your to blame for the elderly that have no food.But as long as your freezer is full fcuk everbody.

this should be interesting! please explain each statement you ve made, particularly about me? thank you

• Advertisement

tbayers wrote: »

The drive thru centre is being built at back of the school.in kilcohan

They hoping to.have it online by friday

Advertisement