Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options
1165166167168169171»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Problem is the political will to hide away from the problem forever is very strong within the government.

people have been echoing your statements for months now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Oops I misread your post as a dig originally. No worries, no bad blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

funnily enough, this is the actual approach we re now taking, unfortunately its not actually gonna work out too well for some.

we all know our health care system is in bits, but we ve no real wish to radically change this, or it could be said, we dont know how to approach this problem, its simply too complex. post covid, we truly do need to address this, but i suspect we wont, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I'm hearing of another Waterford school with a small number of staff catching the virus along

with a number of school children! We'll be shut down for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

A testemant to how good the vaccines are that we have such a high incident rate and yet twenty odd in hospital and that includes people from surrounding counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We won't be in lockdown again, the government wouldn't survive it.

It's actually time to just get on with it tbh and has been for quite some time. I think we could all agree that whoever wants a vaccine now has one, the others who don't have made their choices also.

I'd hope we do look at this and decide to actually invest in our heath system and our nutritional education and look to mitigate as much as possible in the future but I won't hold my breath.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I wouldn’t be so sure. Well, not lockdown anyway, but a return to restrictions is entirely possible. The rates aren’t going to come down and if the U.K. pulls the trigger on reintroducing restrictions, it gives license to the government to do the same

funnily enough, we have been getting on with it, but sadly, as you explained, we more than likely wont make many, if any major changes post covid, our health system will more than likely stay as it is, a right mess. we probably wont be changing the working conditions of health workers, they clearly need extra paid time off now, that probably wont happen, some will probably just take sick leave, and i cant blame them either.....

opening up fully, well almost, is obviously dumb, with numbers continuing to increase, you can be damn sure many venues wont be truly bothering with certs upon entry, then you ll have the patrons tanked with chemicals, all that wont end well....

its obviously always good to continue our education in nutrition, but our food related issues are far more complicated than just that, we continually ignore the most important element of it, the psychology of it.....

I can tell you from personal experience a lot of venues/places I've visited in the last couple of weeks have either not asked for the Covid cert at all, or asked me if I have it and then when I say yes and go to take it out they have said, oh no its grand Im not gonna scan it just checking you had it so I'd well believe a large number of places nationwide have ditched the entire Covid cert verification.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

The few places that I have been have asked for the Covid Cert!

I don't think that it's in anyones best interest not to ask to see it?

• Advertisement

^^^^nothing to see here! im sure christmas will just be fine!

I did ask the girl in one of the bars what was the point of asking then as even paying lip service is no good if a Garda wandered in to check for example if they thought that was covering their own backs like.

ICU in Waterford pretty much full again. Must be Delta though. Omicron wouldn’t have filled it that fast.

Advertisement