Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Quick set up a stall at GrowHQ entrance, 6 for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think many people are oblivious to how many people die from flu annually and are then a bit surprised to hear the comparison.

Except there is a vaccine for the flu. That's the difference here.

That's going to be something that attitudes change to - expect the seasonal flu jab to be taken up much more next winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

"The staff of Cartamundi have been informed that there have been two more positive cases of Covid-19 in Waterford." according to Darren Skelton

does this mean cases in cartamundi or the cartamundi staff were given some private info?!

It is two Cartamundi staff they all got a text today confirming it ,and could be more cases by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got unlimited eggs, 3 chickens out the back! :)
    As long as they don't get avian flu :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Town is dead outside of food shops. Between that and schools shut, there’s not much traffic either. Got from John St, through Parnell, Mall, Quays, over the bridge and away without stopping, during rush hour on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JohnC. wrote: »
    Town is dead outside of food shops. Between that and schools shut, there’s not much traffic either. Got from John St, through Parnell, Mall, Quays, over the bridge and away without stopping, during rush hour on a Friday.

Pubs are dead even with the racing on

Paddys day will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Gardner

spookwoman wrote: »

Waiting for the typical social media response:

wHaT aBoUt ThE hOmLeSs WhO dOnT hAvE cArS?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

I think it’s very proactive of the HSE tbh. I don’t think they can be accused of not doing as much as they can.

I passed by that place in cherrymount recently (the article says Ballytruckle which is wrong I assume?) and there were two ambulances and a lot of building going on. The rumours were that it was going to be some kind of isolation centre.

• Advertisement

JohnC. wrote: »

I was in town last Friday and it was dead.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pubs are dead even with the racing on

Paddys day will be interesting

Snapchats i got last night,suggest otherwise

Places seemed packed

DLS_75 wrote: »
    I think it’s very proactive of the HSE tbh. I don’t think they can be accused of not doing as much as they can.

I passed by that place in cherrymount recently (the article says Ballytruckle which is wrong I assume?) and there were two ambulances and a lot of building going on. The rumours were that it was going to be some kind of isolation centre.

Technically it's correct but it doesn't feel like Upper Ballytruckle Road since they severed the Lower and Upper at the inner relief road. Even though the Old Tramore Road doesn't start until a bit further towards the ring road.

Snapchats i got last night,suggest otherwise

Places seemed packed

Interesting with this as it might get bigger. People will get feed up of staying inside for so long

WLRfm posting videos telling people to come down to Morris's for sales...

WLRfm posting videos telling people to come down to Morris's for sales...

Don't know who is worse Morris's or WLRFM

It's outdoors! Well much of it is, when I go into Homebase it's rarely more than ticking over - staying a respectful distance isn't an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

spookwoman wrote: »
    Don't know who is worse Morris's or WLRFM

Poor old Frisby must be short a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Any sign of Waterford pubs closing yet? I heard a few pubs have closed around the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭aziz

Apparently all of the causeway group of premises are closed

• Advertisement

aziz wrote: »

The others should follow suite too cause of they open people will go in flocks to them and it could get nasty

floyd333 wrote: »
    Any sign of Waterford pubs closing yet? I heard a few pubs have closed around the country...

They will all be closed by tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

is this a thing or are you just hoping?

They should all just make the decision anyway

The offies will be packed with people buying drink

is this a thing or are you just hoping?

A lot have closed already cant see the rest staying open , HSE said tonight that people should be staying out of them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

My friend is selling Phonewatch with a free mobile panic button connected to the ambulance if anyone wants to pm me it might help some people great price also for installation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Downes and Itty Bittys have closed

Pubs are fecked aren't they? It's not like they can switch to a take out service like some restaurants can.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

aziz wrote: »

What businesses are in the causeway group?

• Advertisement

Advertisement