Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

For a crowd doing nothing FG are going great at the moment. If their measures contain this Ireland will be a seen as a really stable, sensibly governed country under their stewardship.

Lowest trolley numbers in years.

This has weeded out the drunks and idiots turning up with a cold wanting to be wrapped in cotton wool.

This whole episode makes me realise even more Irish people are self centred morons.

Most likely SF voters on the housing list waiting for de forever home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭enricoh

Will any party want to be in government now?
    This Corona is gonna hammer government finances altogether, there'll be no goodies to be handed out for the foreseeable.
    Fianna fail should do what they done in the last government with Sinn Fein and the lefties, see how they get on with 100k social housing etc etc. That'd be the end of the left wing parties after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

enricoh wrote: »
    This Corona is gonna hammer government finances altogether, there'll be no goodies to be handed out for the foreseeable.
    Fianna fail should do what they done in the last government with Sinn Fein and the lefties, see how they get on with 100k social housing etc etc. That'd be the end of the left wing parties after that!

FG are handling the current crisis extremely well by international standards (according to WHO). (Not an easy task considering the close proximity to the basket case UK. This could yet be their undoing.) We probably need them to see it out. Then once the worries have past, let them call another election and people can vote as they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

FG are handling the current crisis extremely well by international standards (according to WHO). (Not an easy task considering the close proximity to the basket case UK. This could yet be their undoing.) We probably need them to see it out. Then once the worries have past, let them call another election and people can vote as they wish.

Couldn’t agree more. Leo has shown class, calmness under servers pressure and leadership. Exactly what was necessary right now.

It ain't over by a long shot but he and his party haven’t shirked the responsibility.

In comparison look at Boris across the water, good Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

enricoh wrote: »

A pestilence has put an end to lower income folk trying to claw their way out of poverty. I love happy endings, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

In this instance, I have no bones to pick with any government in charge. But a lot of mistakes have already been made, and I wouldn't be blowing FG's trumpet just yet. Not by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    In this instance, I have no bones to pick with any government in charge. But a lot of mistakes have already been made, and I wouldn't be blowing FG's trumpet just yet. Not by a long shot.

I was thinking that you and a few others around here that spend your life crying and whinging and moaning about the government should organise a large protest and cram into a small place and hug each other in protest against the government.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I was thinking that you and a few others around here that spend your life crying and whinging and moaning about the government should organise a large protest and cram into a small place and hug each other in protest against the government.
    You have much imagination.
    And very little knowledge of me.
    But showing your true colours.

Keep it up and you'll end up having to close another of your accounts.

You have much imagination.
    And very little knowledge of me.
    But showing your true colours.

Having watched Sinn Fein down south disappear from public view and Sinn Fein up north dither and prevaricate while waiting to see what Leo does, I really hope that people have seen through what they are.

Trump and Johnson are destroying their countries, thank god Sinn Fein didn’t get in after the election because this country would have been rightly fu@ked.

• Advertisement

Having watched Sinn Fein down south disappear from public view and Sinn Fein up north dither and prevaricate while waiting to see what Leo does, I really hope that people have seen through what they are.

Trump and Johnson are destroying their countries, thank god Sinn Fein didn’t get in after the election because this country would have been rightly fu@ked.
    People already seeing through Leo + the group.. If only there was a way that I could prove it..

Watching simple Simon dither, Murphy hide under a rock, Varadkar (The worst leader this country has ever had) run away to America pending the worst thing that has ever happened to this country since long before his party existed. Believe me. Nobody is 'waiting to see what Leo does'. If anything, they are waiting to see Leo do something.
    His behavious acting like a spoiled brat, has FG exactly where they are. Nobody is looking to that clown for answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

It's good that the government is following to the letter the advice given by the expert group on public health. Something government ministers have stressed on numerous occasions. So in fairness any credit or ridicule is solely belong to the expert group on public health.

It's good that the government is following to the letter the advice given by the expert group on public health. Something government ministers have stressed on numerous occasions. So in fairness any credit or ridicule is solely belong to the expert group on public health.
    They may be now, but they didn't follow the advice given earlier, and are still not following it all.

And you are perfectly within your rights to have that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

They may be now, but they didn't follow the advice given earlier, and are still not following it all.

What advice did they not follow earlier?

You miss understood my post, any credit due is to the expert group, the government has stressed on numerous occasions they are following the advice of said group and reacting when advised to do so. Personally I feel they are setting the expert group up for a fall if the sh*t hits the fan, "but we followed your advice".

You miss understood my post, any credit due is to the expert group, the government has stressed on numerous occasions they are following the advice of said group and reacting when advised to do so. Personally I feel they are setting the expert group up for a fall if the sh*t hits the fan, "but we followed your advice".

Who else should they take their advice from?

Do you think that as Mary Lou has done that they should ignore the medical advice?

Mary-Lou. She has already called for actions that ignore the medical advice so maybe we should all listen to her? But then again she has gone missing several times.

The point is that they didn't take the advice from the correct sources from early on. While they may be now, the horse has already bolted.

Do you think that as Mary Lou has done that they should ignore the medical advice?

Do you think that Alan Farrell would have gone to the States had he been Taoiseach? Do you think the Heather Hunphries would have gone into hiding if she was hoiusing minister? Do you think that James Reilly would have done a better job than simple Simon?

Mary-Lou. She has already called for actions that ignore the medical advice so maybe we should all listen to her? But then again she has gone missing several times.

I won't get an answer on this from said poster.

• Advertisement

The point is that they didn't take the advice from the correct sources from early on. While they may be now, the horse has already bolted.

Do you think that Alan Farrell would have gone to the States had he been Taoiseach? Do you think the Heather Hunphries would have gone into hiding if she was hoiusing minister? Do you think that James Reilly would have done a better job than simple Simon?

Can you show me where they didn't take the advice early on please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Leo shouldn't have gone near that idiot in the white house

Leo shouldn't have gone near that idiot in the white house

Why?

He tested negative.

Can you show me where they didn't take the advice early on please?

Yes, I could point to it, but it won't be immediate. The mountain of news since the coronavirus hit europe has obfuscated search results.

It's not hard to search, but I won't be digging throught 10 pages of search results to find and show you an older link.

Why?

He tested negative.

In simpler terms, he shouldn't have gone to America.

Yes, I could point to it, but it won't be immediate. The mountain of news since the coronavirus hit europe has obfuscated search results.

It's not hard to search, but I won't be digging throught 10 pages of search results to find and show you an older link.

Haha you're caught out lying.

You seem to be the only one still hell bent on FG bashing left here during this crisis.

And willing to peddle lies.

Pathetic.

You seem to be the only one still hell bent on FG bashing left here during this crisis.

Pathetic.

He is not the only one but the likes of Bowie and McMurphy are a little smarter and have disappeared quicker than Mary-Lou and stopped criticising FG.

Pathetic.
    Not caught out lying. I can't link to a two or three week old story that is still part of the same ongoing news event that has taken every media publication globally by storm, an is updated by the hour...

Be happy out all you want, it's not a link that will need to prove anything today. If you read two of my last few posts prior to my first post being attacked here tonight, I wasn't still attacking FG, nor have I ever assumed anyone was an FG supporter/voter in text on here.

But you are correct. Of course you are. I am 'HELL BENT' on it. :rolleyes:

Did I suggest the expert group is not....expert?

• Advertisement

No idea what nonsense you are engaging in, however if you have a question about MLM's behaviour I think she has various contact methods for you to address your concern. I only answer for myself, I'm not pretentious enough to feel I can answer for others, unlike some here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement