Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Coveney has been doing very well during this crisis. He must be more of a threat than ever to Leo now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

No idea what nonsense you are engaging in, however if you have a question about MLM's behaviour I think she has various contact methods for you to address your concern. I only answer for myself, I'm not pretentious enough to feel I can answer for others, unlike some here.

Let me understand this, you are qualified to comment on whether Leo has done the right thing or not but you are not qualified to comment on Mary-Lou’s actions.

I find that strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let me understand this, you are qualified to comment on whether Leo has done the right thing or not but you are not qualified to comment on Mary-Lou’s actions.

I find that strange.
    I'm pretty sure I have read you doing the exact same thing, but with the opposite opinion. Do you find that strange too?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have read you doing the exact same thing, but with the opposite opinion. Do you find that strange too?

Pretty sure doesn’t cut it.

As a diversionary tactic to protect a fellow traveller, it has some merit. Well done on his/her behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pretty sure doesn’t cut it.

As a diversionary tactic to protect a fellow traveller, it has some merit. Well done on his/her behalf.
    I'm pretty sure cuts it enough. It's easily looked up, but I wouldn't be bothered. I can see how easy it is to push you over. I don't need to resort to infantile remarks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure cuts it enough. It's easily looked up, but I wouldn't be bothered. I can see how easy it is to push you over. I don't need to resort to infantile remarks.

So where's that advise that wasn't followed?

He is not the only one but the likes of Bowie and McMurphy are a little smarter and have disappeared quicker than Mary-Lou and stopped criticising FG.

Or they realise that political or online point scoring isn't important now.

Sniping helps noone at this stage

Or they realise that political or online point scoring isn't important now.

Sniping helps noone at this stage

Very true. We have to work to get over this crisis. FG have stepped up and are taking the lead. They seem to be handling it quite well so far. It’s up to other parties like FF and SF to row in behind them. We all have to work together. Leaders of those parties need to be vocal in their support so their supporters understand that cooperation is so important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭riddles

Very true. We have to work to get over this crisis. FG have stepped up and are taking the lead. They seem to be handling it quite well so far. It’s up to other parties like FF and SF to row in behind them. We all have to work together. Leaders of those parties need to be vocal in their support so their supporters understand that cooperation is so important.

The topic on handling incoming Italian flights was not dealt with soon enough which is why we are now playing catch up unfortunately. We’ll only know the real impact of this in two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Haha you're caught out lying.

You seem to be the only one still hell bent on FG bashing left here during this crisis.

And willing to peddle lies.

Pathetic.

The clutching at straws is pathetic alright. Thank god FG are in power and long May it continue.

• Advertisement

They are in a partnership in the north with a party that is diametrically opposed to them.

A bit like if the Greens went into government and were actual Greens and didn't capitulate just for a go of the comfy seats.

'Considerable' anti vaxer'?

You do like to exaggerate.

At least two prominent SF politicians have made anti vax comments in the past- Violet Wynne and Liadh ni Riadha- clearly there is an anti vax element within SF which is a other extremely disturbing aspect to this party. Reckless Russian roulette with peoples lives for political gain. Any anti vax element is too great so let’s not minimise and try brush it off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭growleaves

At least two prominent SF politicians have made anti vax comments in the past- Violet Wynne and Liadh ni Riadha

So two people who walked back their comments are to be considered a wing of the party? Give it over.

growleaves wrote: »
    So two people who walked back their comments are to be considered a wing of the party? Give it over.

Even just two is too many- only took back the comments when challenged publicly - clearly these are their bona fide views or else they wouldn’t have said them in the first place. More SF not just pandering to the conspiracy theory gallery but actively building it. These are not the type of people you want anywhere near government or holding medical briefs in cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

road_high wrote: »
    At least two prominent SF politicians have made anti vax comments in the past- Violet Wynne and Liadh ni Riadha- clearly there is an anti vax element within SF which is a other extremely disturbing aspect to this party. Reckless Russian roulette with peoples lives for political gain. Any anti vax element is too great so let’s not minimise and try brush it off

Blushing for you.

EQsJb4tX0AAcXLP?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Coveney has been doing very well during this crisis. He must be more of a threat than ever to Leo now.

Very surprised to see leadership upheaval within FG if they go into government at a time of crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭storker

FG have stepped up and are taking the lead.

Let's cast a special medal for them for continuing to do the jobs they still have by default. "Stepping up"... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bunderoon

storker wrote: »
    Let's cast a special medal for them for continuing to do the jobs they still have by default. "Stepping up"... :rolleyes:

Exactly. They paid to do this. We should expect this, not be impressed by it.
    Basic stuff. Being impressed by it says a lot about certain people and Irish mindsets.

bunderoon wrote: »
    Exactly. They paid to do this. We should expect this, not be impressed by it.
    Basic stuff. Being impressed by it says a lot about certain people and Irish mindsets.

Look at the UK.... In comparison to our nearest neighbours we are being far more proactive to prevent a spike in folk needing emergency care.

riddles wrote: »
    The topic on handling incoming Italian flights was not dealt with soon enough which is why we are now playing catch up unfortunately. We’ll only know the real impact of this in two weeks.

They followed the best advice available at the time. Not always easy to do considering the pressure being put on. As has been said by some of the SF supporters on here, the credit for how things are being handled should probably lie with the experts advising them rather than FG. Personally I would think it’s falls somewhere in between.

As I said earlier, time for the other parties to row in behind FG on this. Stop sniping at every opportunity. This is an unprecedented time of crisis. We need to all work together. FG were happy to go to the opposition benches but no one else would step up. They are now in a hugely unenviable position. But they are not shirking that responsibility. It would be great if we could say that across the house now, when it’s needed most.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Look at the UK.... In comparison to our nearest neighbours we are being far more proactive to prevent a spike in folk needing emergency care.

The UK is an absolute shambles. They are doing a huge turnaround now but I fear it’s too late. Their actions will probably end up costing lives in both the UK and Ireland that could otherwise have been saved. The are cruel joke in the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

As I said earlier, time for the other parties to row in behind FG on this. Stop sniping at every opportunity. This is an unprecedented time of crisis. We need to all work together.

As much as I really dislike FF, I think they deserve a lot of credit for how they are acting now and for the “supply & confidence” during the Brexit uncertainty.

Might actually have to give them a “preference” at some point.

Disappointed with the Greens that they won’t “play ball” but can see why they would be hesitant to get into bed with the “big dogs” again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

As much as I really dislike FF, I think they deserve a lot of credit for how they are acting now and for the “supply & confidence” during the Brexit uncertainty.

Might actually have to give them a “preference” at some point.

Disappointed with the Greens that they won’t “play ball” but can see why they would be hesitant to get into bed with the “big dogs” again.

SF should follow FF’s lead. As should the other parties. We have a much better chance of beating this thing if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭satguy

It's a shame that it has taken the end of the world as we know it, to wake up FG, and for them to actually start to look after the general population, and not just Dinny and their golden inner circle.

SF should follow FF’s lead. As should the other parties. We have a much better chance of beating this thing if they do.

SF are a contrary party, their policies are based on waffle and dangerous promises. The multinationals that they want to tax more will be key in keeping peoples income during these times.

Google were straight onto folk working from home..... Much of their staff can. It's industry/business like that Ireland needs more of. We shouldn't do anything to discourage FDI growth.

We are as well off with SF continuing as they have been the last 7 days..... SFA.

satguy wrote: »
    It's a shame that it has taken the end of the world as we know it, to wake up FG, and for them to actually start to look after the general population, and not just Dinny and their golden inner circle.

So you think they are doing a good job on this?

satguy wrote: »

Need to get beyond that now. Need to support the on-going efforts. People bitching and moaning are only undermining the efforts being made.

So you think they are doing a good job on this?

According to the WHO they are doing extremely well by international standards. Not easy with what is going on right next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Need to get beyond that now. Need to support the on-going efforts. People bitching and moaning are only undermining the efforts being made.

They are dithering again on closing venues.

There is always a need for an opposition as no government is perfect.

• Advertisement

They are dithering again on closing venues.

There is always a need for an opposition as no government is perfect.

Not dithering at all. Following best available advice. Pity the likes of the UK are not doing the same. Could really cost us.

This is probably the biggest crisis we will ever see in our lifetimes. We need to all work together for the immediate future. Opposition now will only cause division and conflict. Time for the other parties to step up and be counted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement