Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

markodaly wrote: »
    Em, again, you voted for FF in the last GE.

Yes I did,,, But never thought for one minute that Leo would be able to trick them into letting him stay on as Taoiseach, and give FG all the top ministerial positions.

And no,, before anyone says MM is Taoiseach,, no he is not, we all know Leo is still really the Taoiseach.

And now has a young soldier helper to prove it.

Ive explained 6 times already....i know when someone playing dumb and taking piss :yawn:

Except ive said all those who suggest this are ffg supporters??....not all people/posters?

Yous may have explained 6 times but yous aren’t making any sense. 75% versus 25%. Yet yous claim that the 75% are being discriminated against! Yawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Excpet this isnt what i said

Why have governemt silenced all opposition and removed right of reply.......in what way is this anything other than shutting down debate and silencing opposition??

This really is basic stuff,which given you can work internet...im suspect yous are messing,pretending being unable to grasp or answer a fairly basic qs

Why do ffg supporters demand opposition almagamate or else be silenced??

Likely trying to downplay their partnership with FF. 'Ah sure everyone does it. Its completely natural'.

Excpet this isnt what i said

Why have governemt silenced all opposition and removed right of reply.......in what way is this anything other than shutting down debate and silencing opposition??

This really is basic stuff,which given you can work internet...im suspect yous are messing,pretending being unable to grasp or answer a fairly basic qs

Why do ffg supporters demand opposition almagamate or else be silenced??

Again, please explain why those with 75% of talking time are being discriminated against?
    Who (other than myself, speaking in jest) are demanding opposition amalgamate, bearing in mind that the largest opposition party, SF, support the new deal? Your hysteria is getting the better of you. Take a deep breath and look at the facts. 75% versus 25%. Who’s being discriminated against?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like a lot of the pilgrims around here didn’t look at the figures behind the poll. Not detail orientated perhaps.

FG are up 8 on the last poll, and up a dramatic 15% amongst voters in Dublin.
    SF are down 5%, and are down a dramatic 13% amongst the 18-34 electorate. FG are up 13% amongst that grouping.

Not sure what poll you're reading there Johnny but if it is the Sunday Times Behaviour & Attitudes one that was released today and that we have all been discussing this afternoon they you are actually the one who is "not detailed orientated"

Yes Fine Gael are up 8%, from page 6-
    Jan 2020 FG 14%
    July 2020 FG 22%

But no, SF are not down 5% as per your claim above. They are actually up 12% in the time since the last poll in the same series was undertaken by the Sunday Times back in January. Thats them gone up 12% compared to Fine Gaels 8% over the same time period

Jan 2020 SF 17%.
    July 2020 SF 29% (+12%)

And then when undecided voters are excluded it looks like this
    FG Jan 2020 20% July 2020 28% (up 8%)
    SF Jan 2020 24% July 2020 36% (up 12%)

So no matter whether you take the poll with all respondents or the poll with undecided voters excluded the result is still the same, Fine Gael have gone up 8% but during that time SF have risen 12%. In other words in the last six months Sinn Fein have outpolled Fine Gael by a whopping 50%. Alarm bells should be going off in FG HQ about this trend because FG can take votes off FF all they want but that it is of little use if SF are outpolling them regardless. The trend is your friend ;)

As to how you managed to spin all that into Sinn Fein being down 5% I'm not sure but I can only suggest that you are (in your own words) "not detail orientated". I mean c'mon now Johnny, I thought you Fine Gael lads were playing senior hurling here :confused: It feels to me that its more like an under 9s game that is strewn with schoolboy errors and sloppy hurling.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Someone will be along soon to remind us opinion polls are meaningless, despite holding up Leo's approval ratings like they were the holy scriptures for the past few weeks.

Just wait.
    Leo V is also the most popular leader.

All rosy in Camp FG at the moment.

The holy scriptures have arrived :pac:

• Advertisement

I have explained this 6 times,spelt it out in my last post....your twisting and diving to avoid amswer ing this....just highlights how yous want to shut down debate

Sinn fein are a joke for supporting this deal,i have no issue saying this....yous beating about the bush to.support shutting down debate amd replt in the dail is all on yous

Why have they shut down debate and right of reply....its fairly simple stuff.....can you each and all qs asked by every td in dail,will be answeres in total before any governwmt td leaves the dail.chamber......or are the voice of those,who dare vote for anyone other than government to be shut down and ignored??

Debate not shut down. End of.

See the irony in that? :)

Bowie wrote: »
    See the irony in that? :)

Nope. 75% versus 25% says it all.

Except it is

Its notable ive asked 3 times and instead of answering a rather basic question....you demand the discussion shut down and labeled it over,despite it not being so

Except it is

Its notable ive asked 3 times and instead of answering a rather basic question....you demand the discussion shut down and labeled it over,despite it not being so

Pllleeeassse. Explain to me how one group getting 25% of talking time versus their opposition getting 75% is getting said discussion shut down?? I’m totally perplexed. Yous are not making one ounce of sense!

• Advertisement

Ive explained 6 times already

But why not just scram 75% and declare debate over as yous are unwilling to answer a rather simple qs

Irish democracy 2020: FFG shut down debate in the dail

Methinks yous have lost the plot. Irish democracy indeed when those with 75% of speaking time feel that they’ve been discriminated against! Good night.

Methinks yous have lost the plot. Irish democracy indeed when those with 75% of speaking time feel that they’ve been discriminated against! Good night.

Meh....another poor attempt to shut down the debate and a 5th avoidence of a basic qs

Seems like yous dont even belive the line your pushing

Nope. 75% versus 25% says it all.

Don't know what that has to do with Varadkar making a twit of himself the other day but okay.

Don't know what that has to do with Varadkar making a twit of himself the other day but okay.

He didn’t. The twits were those who refused to take their seats, walked out and, as nominated teller, refused to sign results of a vote.

He didn’t. The twits were those who refused to take their seats, walked out and, as nominated teller, refused to sign results of a vote.

So what he said was irrelevant because others did something you didnt like. Fair enough.

So what he said was irrelevant because others did something you didnt like. Fair enough.

Unless there’s another speech that I’ve not heard, he simply pointed out how much speaking time the opposition actually has.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Fundamental error for them not allowing the party membership to have a democratic say. Membership correctly plumped for Coveney but as their votes dont count for much the parliamentary party installed Leo instead. There is such as thing as the 'Wisdom of Crowds' but Fine Gael dont go in for listening to their membership so they ended up with Leo who has led them to their second worst election result in their history. Only Baldy Noonan can trump Leos disastrous election.

Allowing party membership a vote is not remotely democratic. You would, in essence, have been abrogating the choice of Taoiseach to some arbitrary shadowy subset of citizens who happened to have just paid fees to FG.

The leader of the parliamentary party should be chosen by the elected representatives who make up the parliamentary party.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Allowing party membership a vote is not remotely democratic. You would, in essence, have been abrogating the choice of Taoiseach to some arbitrary shadowy subset of citizens who happened to have just paid fees to FG.

The leader of the parliamentary party should be chosen by the elected representatives who make up the parliamentary party.

You do know the FG party membership have voting rights on its leadership

Members i know are still smarting over being ignored (though the sh1tshow that is waterford FG is well documented at this stage too)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

She comes across as a loud mouth uninformed fool. From passing a letter on behalf of a man already banned from keeping animals to the PUP/SW holiday debacle to this idiocy.
    Out of touch but happy to get involved nonetheless.

• Advertisement

Unless there’s another speech that I’ve not heard, he simply pointed out how much speaking time the opposition actually has.

He claimed he was being bullied because people would point out flaws in his policies.

Fair play. If one can no longer make a living at whatever their job was pre Covid, then it’s only right that they upskill. Many of us have had to do so after the demise of the Celtic Tiger. It’s a pain, but very doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well had Ireland not teamed up with Apple to take the case, would Apple have bothered on their own?

ROFL :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She comes across as a loud mouth uninformed fool. From passing a letter on behalf of a man already banned from keeping animals to the PUP/SW holiday debacle to this idiocy.
    Out of touch but happy to get involved nonetheless.

What part of this statement marks her out as a loudmouth, uninformed fool? It’s a dreadful article btw. Inane tabloid fodder designed for a few clicks.

In the Dáil, the Minister for Employment Affairs and Social Protection said she had asked her officials ‘to ensure that a sensible approach is taken for those who cannot return to work and who are waiting for their job to come back’.

She said a ‘realistic’ policy was needed due to the pandemic as ‘some jobs will not come back and there is no point in waiting for the never never.

‘It is best that we help people to reskill, retrain and look at other jobs they can take up.’

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You do know the FG party membership have voting rights on its leadership

Members i know are still smarting over being ignored (though the sh1tshow that is waterford FG is well documented at this stage too)

Yes I do know. I'm happy its limited, would rather it had no weight whatsoever. It is an utterly awful way to select leaders - see Corbyn for a good recent example.

Fair play. If one can no longer make a living at whatever their job was pre Covid, then it’s only right that they upskill. Many of us have had to do so after the demise of the Celtic Tiger. It’s a pain, but very doable.

It's an ignorant approach to the arts. You'll find many work in menial jobs such as the service industry and the like as is. We need the arts. Imagine no films, plays, or music? To simply say cancel all that is an uninformed angle.
    You could make her argument against small businesses, big businesses, pubs, banks and on and on. It's not that simple though. She's obviously more about talking before researching. She should really have handlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭satguy

Heather Humphreys sums up everything that is wrong with FG.

Her out of touch with the people remarks, her condescending patronizing tone and manner. Someone like her is a perfect fit for FG, and she can happily sit with the rest of smug plebs on the FG front benches.

Back in Garret's day, someone like her, would have been firmly kept on the back benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Podge_irl wrote: »

Allowing the people who have paid their membership fees worked out well in the U.K. getting Corbyn to be in charge of Labour. The gob****e did a great job in stopping Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Truthvader wrote: »
    He makes as much sense

"much"? as in ****all sense

• Advertisement

It's an ignorant approach to the arts. You'll find many work in menial jobs such as the service industry and the like as is. We need the arts. Imagine no films, plays, or music? To simply say cancel all that is an uninformed angle.
    You could make her argument against small businesses, big businesses, pubs, banks and on and on. It's not that simple though. She's obviously more about talking before researching. She should really have handlers.

I never suggested cancelling the Arts. Merely suggested that unemployed people, from any field, should seriously consider upskilling. There are possibly thousands of people who find themselves unemployed as a direct result of the Covid pandemic. Rather than relying on handouts from the state, they might find accepting a hand up instead in the form of upskilling a better option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement