Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

As I suspected Leo and FG seem to be more of a Dublin phenomena. Don't know anyone fond of them in my circles really.

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1289881108973326336?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 67,152 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    Surely less for Leo would benefit FG?

Trailing SF in the latest poll. Leo's arrogance leads to their lead being wiped out.

Is it time to lock Leo away like Enda and Simon and Eoghan were when they were damaging the image?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Trailing SF in the latest poll. Leo's arrogance leads to their lead being wiped out.

Is it time to lock Leo away like Enda and Simon and Eoghan were when they were damaging the image?

If Coveney took over I could genuinely warm to FG. He is less annoying and sniveling and seems a more serious politician. He actually addresses issues instead of trading stupid insults. I find Leo's juvenile mud slinging is really getting in the way of serious debate but that's probably by design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ah sure we'll be hearing how meaningless polls are soon and how elections are the only polls that count....maybe not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    As I suspected Leo and FG seem to be more of a Dublin phenomena. Don't know anyone fond of them in my circles really.

20200802-124616.jpg

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1289881108973326336?s=09

Someone will be along soon to remind us opinion polls are meaningless, despite holding up Leo's approval ratings like they were the holy scriptures for the past few weeks.

Just wait.

• Advertisement

So, it’s ok in your eyes for a TD appointed at random as Teller for votes, refusing to sign result of vote because they don’t agree with said result? Yesman indeed!

Havnt said,nor alluded to this....your imagination is running wild
    During the heated debate Rise TD Paul Murphy and People Before Profit TD Richard Boyd Barrett repeatedly refused to resume their seats. The House was suspended twice in the chaos and disorder.

‘Marginalise’

Mr Murphy said the changes were an attempt to marginalise smaller parties in a bid by Government to dominate parliamentary debate and procedures.

But Mr O’Sullivan said “the system that was put in place doesn’t suit a minority”.

“They still have as far as I can see about 65 per cent or 70 per cent of speaking time.”

“Because they didn’t get their way they chose to behave like a pack of rowdy undergraduates.”

“We had the travesty last night of a person appointed a teller for a vote refusing to sign the result of the vote because it didn’t suit him,” he said in reference to Mr Murphy’s failure to sign.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ff-senator-describes-left-wing-tds-at-centre-of-d%C3%A1il-uproar-as-rowdy-undergraduates-1.4318690

And yet.....the government have shut down the discussion by relegated opposition voices to last,thus denying them the right of reply and silencing them and their constituents.....its effectively legalised silencing of anyone who dare vote for anybody other than FFG......this along with complient media.....sees any/all opposition here effecrively banned from airwaves...why is that??

And yet.....the government have shut down the discussion by relegated opposition voices to last,thus denying them the right of reply and silencing them and their constituents.....its effectively legalised silencing of anyone who dare vote for anybody other than FFG......this along with complient media.....sees any/all opposition here effecrively banned from airwaves...why is that??

But, you seem to have missed the bits that say that the opposition have up to 75% of talking time!! How is that shutting down discussion?

But, you seem to have missed the bits that say that the opposition have up to 75% of talking time!!

Except.they havnt...they have x amoumt of time....most of it,which occurs after media withdrawn and government tds have left.....deosnt ceann comhairle usually curtail talking time after 9pm??
    How is that shutting down discussion?

They are banning the opposition from the discussion until.after the government TDs....thus denying opposition and their constritunets the right of reply and effectively legalised silencing of any/all people who dare vote anyone but FFG

You do understand how denying right of reply shuts down a discussion.....why do FFG want all oppostion silenced?

Coveney is a class act....its awesome watch fg bootboys blindly cheer on leo....when coveney got 60 something% in the leadership election

Almost cultlike,in their devotion to running roughshod over democracy in supporting varadkar over coveney and contrary to the FG membership

I'd consider giving FG a nod again if they ditched the clowns and stuck to something over and above smart arsery. They would have fared better under Coveney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Extra pay, extra state cars, extra Garda drivers, extra ministerial positions, and just like Napoleon had back in the day, a young soldier pulled from the ranks to keep the tent clean and turn down the bed.

You can see the scowls on the FF backbenchers from here, while Micheál Martin is parading around with a big beaming smile, the groans from the rest of FF are getting audible.

As for the greens, their finished,, people will never vote for them again, we gave the Greens our spare votes so that they might hold some balance of power and do some good. But they just used those votes to put FG and FF back in power.. 0 seats at next GE.

FG have just done what FG do best, look after themselfs, and their business and banking buddies. Also do a tacit deal with RTE and the Sindo not to shine a light to closely.

Other then that, it's been a fun 5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,142 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No idea...maybe because it’s not true.

Except it is....but sure try shut down debate all yous want mate,......why have governent shut down debate in the dail....why are people (all ffg supporters) now opwnly demanding opposition almagamte or not be allowed speaking time??

Debate hasn’t been shut down. Maybe if the TDs who walked out used their allocated time more productively they wouldn’t need more time? Who’s demanding opposition amalgamation?

Are you saying that Paul Murphy, Richard Barrett and various other lefties, both independents and party members, don’t get plenty airtime?
    They all seem to have similar aims, so why don’t they get together and form one large group that would guarantee them more speaking time.

Mary, please don’t give them ideas, I hear enough of Boyd Barret, Murphy, Mick Barry , Brid Smith to last me a lifetime.

What support have they 1%?

Next you’ll hear is Nationalise Aer Lingus and let the Govt take the hit.

Except it is....the government are banning all discussion until.they are finished and thus denying right of reply for anyone who dare vote for someone other than them.....im pretty sure this is my 5th time explaining this to you....kinda starting to seem like sealioning now

Yous yesterday for one??

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058053608/801

The government only gets 25% of speaking time. SF and the rest get 75% between them. Not exactly fair distribution when the larger parties get less speaking time per TD compared to the rest.

So, one anonymous poster suggesting on an Internet forum that the parties of the left should join together constitutes “ people (all ffg supporters) now opwnly demanding opposition almagamte or not be allowed speaking time??”??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd consider giving FG a nod again if they ditched the clowns and stuck to something over and above smart arsery. They would have fared better under Coveney.

Fundamental error for them not allowing the party membership to have a democratic say. Membership correctly plumped for Coveney but as their votes dont count for much the parliamentary party installed Leo instead. There is such as thing as the 'Wisdom of Crowds' but Fine Gael dont go in for listening to their membership so they ended up with Leo who has led them to their second worst election result in their history. Only Baldy Noonan can trump Leos disastrous election.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Someone will be along soon to remind us opinion polls are meaningless, despite holding up Leo's approval ratings like they were the holy scriptures for the past few weeks.

Just wait.

O'Broin has a good point there. Zoom in on that image and drill down into the data and you see that SF still lead FG in the 18-55+ age group and then are level on them with ABC1 voters while well ahead in DCEF. The Sinn Fein vote is balanced across age groups and peoples economic status. The ABC1 category contains everything from small business owners to senior and middle managers, it should be a sphere where FG are dominant over SF but they are not. Voters in this category are equally as likely to vote SF as they are FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

But Sinn Fein are in favour of the new Dail speaking rules and to **** with the smaller parties. That will be a lesson for them and signals Sinn Feins intention to wipe them out. Dont feed the crocodile

Edgware wrote: »
    But Sinn Fein are in favour of the new Dail speaking rules and to **** with the smaller parties. That will be a lesson for them and signals Sinn Feins intention to wipe them out. Dont feed the crocodile

This will prove to be a fairly difficult conundrum for some - especially for the likes of say those who tell us they vote green.

I haven't been keeping up with this speaking rights thing, but if the shinners do indeed support it, how will some (aforementioned posters) square that circle, I mean going by their posting history, if the shinners support it, they will have to oppose it by default, but that would mean they would have to oppose something fg support too.

Their head may very well be in danger of falling off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is a different poll as each polling company have a different methodology.
    The last B&A poll had FG at 20% and they are now at 29%.

But I still see you have a fetish for locking up Leo.

satguy wrote: »
    Extra pay, extra state cars, extra Garda drivers, extra ministerial positions, and just like Napoleon had back in the day, a young soldier pulled from the ranks to keep the tent clean and turn down the bed.

You can see the scowls on the FF backbenchers from here, while Micheál Martin is parading around with a big beaming smile, the groans from the rest of FF are getting audible.

Em, again, you voted for FF in the last GE.

markodaly wrote: »
    This is a different poll as each polling company have a different methodology.
    The last B&A poll had FG at 20% and they are now at 29%.

But I still see you have a fetish for locking up Leo.

TBF, it's a FG thread and Leo has a pretty big role in FG.

• Advertisement

TBF, it's a FG thread and Leo has a pretty big role in FG.

But locking him up?
    Is there some sexual innuendo going on here?

To be honest, I am still quite puzzled by the fascination of Leo, still even though he is not Taoiseach anymore.

There is no single thread on FF for example or MM, even though FF are the biggest party in the state, yet its FG this, Leo that....

Obsession is not just an after shave.

What is does show is that SF see FG as the main threat and FF not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Looks like a lot of the pilgrims around here didn’t look at the figures behind the poll. Not detail orientated perhaps.

FG are up 8 on the last poll, and up a dramatic 15% amongst voters in Dublin.
    SF are down 5%, and are down a dramatic 13% amongst the 18-34 electorate. FG are up 13% amongst that grouping.

Leo V is also the most popular leader.

All rosy in Camp FG at the moment.

But locking him up?

To be honest, I am still quite puzzled by the fascination of Leo, still even though he is not Taoiseach anymore.

There is no single thread on FF for example or MM, even though FF are the biggest party in the state, yet its FG this, Leo that....

Obsession is not just an after shave.

What is does show is that SF see FG as the main threat and FF not.

You equating locking someone up with sex? Each to their own Marko.
    It's like they did with Sio, Flano and wee Eoghan before the election. Hide them from the public in case they put their foot in it.

I wrote off FF years ago. They only come up when they say or do something stupid. FG have a crack team of folk posting here, not so with FF.
    The whole coming into a FG thread to tell people not to be posting in a FG thread isn't really a runner. Numerous threads I've no interest in. Going into them to tell people they should have better things to do would be odd.
    I'd suggest making every discussion on FG about SF is an obsession.

But locking him up?

Yes marko, obviously when a poster posts in plain English that leo should be locked away because he's in danger of costing them votes/points in opinion polls, it's sexual innuendo. /Rolleyes emoticon.

Quick - find me something else to be outraged by immediately. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The dude is the most popular leader in the country. Trying to sell the narrative he’s costing FG votes is not working, my friends.

Could poor Connor not have got a taxi to that funeral.

Oh.. forgot...he only takes the AIW.......

McMurphy wrote: »
    Yes marko, obviously when a poster posts in plain English that leo should be locked away because he's in danger of costing them votes/points in opinion polls, it's sexual innuendo. /Rolleyes emoticon.

Quick - find me something else to be outraged by immediately. :pac:

Locking up the most popular leader in the country.

Only in some people's eyes that makes sense.

Locking up the most popular leader in the country.

Only in some people's eyes that makes sense.

Locking up the dude very few within his own party wanted to lead, and led them to their second worse election, in their own history, during an economic boom.

Is another way to look at it I suppose.

And yet,you appear to deliberately ignore them shutting down any right of reply to opposition and silencing anyone,who dare not vote for em...how is that??
    Why have we now state sponsered censorship of all opposition voices and opiions

That poster,being you,yes......all people/posters ive heard demanded it,have been FFG supporters....cant bear even having opposition about....demand that they algamate or else be silenced...

How on earth do you explain an opposition, who have 75% of speaking time, being censored?

Or how ONE poster (moi) suggesting opposition parties join together as “all people/posters”?

• Advertisement

Leo V is also the most popular leader.

All rosy in Camp FG at the moment.

Careful now John, you wouldn't want any posters to see the words "Leo, Camp and Fine Gael" in the one post, and wrongly think you're posting something with a bit of a homophobic tendencies, I've seen shIt like that happen in here, believe it or don't believe it dude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement