Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,084 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So, it’s really FG you have a problem with.

There are thousands of people who are relying on the Covid payment. Are you suggesting that we continue paying it forever and ever just because they’re unwilling to upskill? Or is it just those employed in the Arts that deserve our generosity?

Maire,a chroí, all these lads want is a platform to pelt shït at anything the Govt. and especially FG do to keep us all safe.

The reason, cause, logic , result of the decisions mean nada to these lads, it’s just keeping the window open to pelt merde that matters.

So I wouldn’t bust your stays trying to produce any logical responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There are thousands of people who are relying on the Covid payment. Are you suggesting that we continue paying it forever and ever just because they’re unwilling to upskill? Or is it just those employed in the Arts that deserve our generosity?

Did you not get the memo Maeryanne and Brendi? Heather has apologised forclarified the comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

In fairness anyone,who was in tramore,dunmore east or dungarvan over weekend,knows by now....that the whole restrictions thing is being ignored,wholescale

(If i wasnt poor health,i would too,so ive no intention of critising anyone,but its head in sand stuff to think...people are still buying in fully)

I was in Dunmore East a few days ago and couldn't believe it, it was the busiest I've seen it. The bars were serving like nothing ever happened, not a bite of food to be seen. One in particular which is popular for people sitting outside had people about 10 deep drinking, so close they were touching.

I was told the Guards had come in the previous week, observed this, then warned the patrons "we'll be back" and never returned. Not sure what that strategy achieves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yurt! wrote: »
    This is very simple. The members of Dáil Eireann elect the Taoiseach, not anyone else.

Comparing the rank and file of a political party to a shadowy untrustworthy cabal and a "hardcore element" is a curious way to view things.

But hey, Leo the brave is a sacred cow among many contributors here. You're welcome to your line of thought, I don't share it.

I never called them untrustworthy and paid up members of a political party are essentially by definition the "hardcore" support. The fact that you have no idea who the members are would appear to be a pretty good definition of "shadowy" also.

The members of Dáil Eireann elect the Taoiseach and more members of DE wanted Varadkar for the job. Having party membership decide leadership is a relatively new phenomenon here and in the UK and so far the results of that have not been good.

This is nothing to do with Leo being a "sacred cow". The ridiculous assertion that he was undemocratically put into his role was being tossed around and it is baseless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I was in Dunmore East a few days ago and couldn't believe it, it was the busiest I've seen it. The bars were serving like nothing ever happened, not a bite of food to be seen. One in particular which is popular for people sitting outside had people about 10 deep drinking, so close they were touching.

I was told the Guards had come in the previous week, observed this, then warned the patrons "we'll be back" and never returned. Not sure what that strategy achieves.

Did they shout that in a heavy Austrian accent?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

McMurphy wrote: »
    Did they shout that in a heavy Austrian accent?:D

People might have taken more notice if they did :D

markodaly wrote: »
    I hoped you reported it, or did you just post it here on boards and not report it..... :rolleyes:

The gardai were siting about 200 yards away. There are about 5 pubs along the seafront all operating the same way.

Did you not get the memo Maeryanne and Brendi? Heather has apologised forclarified the comment.

Yep. She has said that anyone unemployed should be seeking work or upskilling in order to make themselves employable. Be they actors, musicians, singers, airline stewards, pilots, oncourse bookies, bar staff, so on, so fort, etc. You know, like many thousands of us have had to do down the years.

Yep. She has said that anyone unemployed should be seeking work or upskilling in order to make themselves employable. Be they actors, musicians, singers, airline stewards, pilots, oncourse bookies, bar staff, so on, so fort, etc. You know, like many thousands of us have had to do down the years.

She explained a bit more than that and you know it.
    Heather is the latest member of gov to engage mouth before brain thus neccessitating apology and clarification.

Who is next one wonders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I'm unwilling to continue to repeat myself.
    What part of while their industry is closed/during the pandemic (the point of the payments) has you confused?
    It's the arts she showed her ignorance on and the arts she spoke on. Would she tell the food service industry to quit their jobs/,careers and seek work somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Bowie wrote: »
    What part of while their industry is closed/during the pandemic (the point of the payments) has you confused?
    It's the arts she showed her ignorance on and the arts she spoke on. Would she tell the food service industry to quit their jobs/,careers and seek work somewhere else?

Whether you're an artist, a nurse, a doctor, am engineer a milkman or a shepherd; if for any reason your job/career becomes worthless you gotta move and you gotta move quickly. Otherwise you get left behind. That is the way of the world. Otherwise "Cat Gut Spinner/ Pig Jobber etc" would still be a career.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Truthvader wrote: »
    Whether you're an artist, a nurse, a doctor, am engineer a milkman or a shepherd; if for any reason your job/career becomes worthless you gotta move and you gotta move quickly. Otherwise you get left behind. That is the way of the world. Otherwise "Cat Gut Spinner/ Pig Jobber etc" would still be a career.

You’re showing as much knowledge of the arts as the minister

Bowie wrote: »

She is saying that anyone who finds themselves unemployed for any reason should retrain, upskill or find alternative employment. This isn’t just those in receipt of a Covid related payment, but ALL unemployment payments. There is no known date for the end of the pandemic.
    Brian Kennedy said ‘I have been a musician for over 20 years, I have never not done music. I don’t think I would know how to not be a musician.’ How does he know if he doesn’t try. After spending 20odd years on a production line, I didn’t think that I’d ever be able to get a job in Admin. But, after a bit of training, I did.

You’re showing as much knowledge of the arts as the minister

Maybe but I am also exhibiting the same in depth knowledge and sensitivity to the arts that Covid 19 has.

She is saying that anyone who finds themselves unemployed for any reason should retrain, upskill or find alternative employment. This isn’t just those in receipt of a Covid related payment, but ALL unemployment payments. There is no known date for the end of the pandemic.
    Brian Kennedy said ‘I have been a musician for over 20 years, I have never not done music. I don’t think I would know how to not be a musician.’ How does he know if he doesn’t try. After spending 20odd years on a production line, I didn’t think that I’d ever be able to get a job in Admin. But, after a bit of training, I did.

Plenty of people might think that Brian might have spent his time better as a plumber or a Solicitor - unlike his brother Bap

Completely agree. Yourself and Maryanne are correct. However, I was talking about what HH said regarding the Arts as an industry.
    What Maryanne can't grasp and you seem to have missed is HH was disrespectful to an entire industry. Should all pubs close and let staff go? Should teachers quit teaching, get a job in Tescos and when schools re-open re-apply from scratch?
    We're not talking coopers or type setters ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Wonder if Fine Gael will have a glorious pretendy performance funeral when they pass on to celebrate their crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Wonder if Fine Gael will have a glorious pretendy performance funeral when they pass on to celebrate their crimes

Word is their keeping him in a big freezer until restrictions pass, biggest funeral Limerick will ever have apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What has that to do within FG?

• Advertisement

Thanks be to Hesu, we are near the bottom of the barrel now.

Only other level we can have is ‘person who played snooker with FG member accused of money laundering offenses’

And then tried to weld it to ‘FG involved in money laundering scam’

This is what I keep saying, all these lads want is a free platform to pelt shïte, however tenuous at FG.

There’s your proof........:cool:

Ah no, just normal for the times.

They won’t be dragged out of their homes ,shot in the head ,and dumped on the side of the road, if that’s what you were hoping for.

Uhmm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What has that to do within FG?

Quick Google reveals the lady accused was a FG election candidate.

And............?

And............?
    ......” Ms Clarke, a 37-year-old mother-of-two, is on a Back to Work scheme, and Mr Flynn, who is 46 and working as a chef, is supporting four children.”

Retrained, upskilled, learned a new trade.

And............?

As if you wouldn't be on here doing a song and a dance if she was a member of a certain other political party.

As if you wouldn't be on here doing a song and a dance if she was a member of a certain other political party.

Would have it's own thread and various posters losing their monocles into their brandy ;)

Is she a member?

My friend, I have better thing to be doing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wasn’t aware of that, dude.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t aware of that, dude.

Yes. Dude. Righteous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement