Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I would suspect that the real arrogance is with the party who went with their leaders and drove a coach and four through the public health advice, and arrogantly ‘took over’ the streets for a funeral in Belfast.

And this while forcing normal people to see their loved ones sent off with three or four mourners.

There was Pearse looking uncomfortable with the big lollipop head on him doing what he told people in his own jurisdiction not to do.

Now there’s real and viewable arrogance.

There’s Cullinane exulting about having ‘broken the State’ thats us by the way.The taxpayers.

Now there’s real and tangible arrogance for you.

The thing is, they arrogantly don't get this, they actually believe they were entitled to behave like that. Arrogance to a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

christy c wrote: »
    Yeah, that's where I'd disagree with people who say they are not arrogant. However, there is a big difference in saying they are arrogant, or saying arrogance was a factor in their election result and saying it undoubtedly cost them the election.

I don't think anybody is saying that they are not arrogant. It takes a minimum level of arrogance to put yourself forward for election, so nearly every politician has it (going on holidays during the election campaign must be the pinnacle of arrogance). If you have an arrogance rating of 0, you will struggle to hold down a seat.

What is being credibly argued is that the level of arrogance on display from others is of a much higher order and magnitude than that of someone like Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

People tend to mistake competence for arrogance.

Last time I checked Shatter had to be sacked by Enda Kenny, that doesnt sound like competence to me

Phil 'trickle of water' Hogan another leading light in the arrogance competition in Fine Gael, they had to ship him off to Europe before he caused the party any more damage

• Registered Users Posts: 67,254 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »
    Is using movie quotes for a bet when addressing the nation on the Covid 19 pandemic arrogance or just arseholery?

Hold on until I think of an example of what might be arrogance by somebody else so that I can valiantly attempt to protect the image of the person you are saying is arrogant again and again and again.

Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No one gave a toss about Leo quoting from a movie only a small tranche of losers and oddballs on Twitter and the Journal. And nobody pays any attention to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No one gave a toss about Leo quoting from a movie only a small tranche of losers and oddballs on Twitter and the Journal. And nobody pays any attention to them.

You said the same about Maria Bailey at the time.

That prediction aged well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Posting in a FG thread about FG or posting in a FG thread to say nobody is interested in comments about FG in a FG thread; which is more 'oddball'?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Posting in a FG thread about FG or posting in a FG thread to say nobody is interested in comments about FG in a FG thread; which is more 'oddball'?

You seem very keen to whitewash all reference to SF and the bullhorn boys from all this?

You strike me as a lad who wants to criticize everyone else but are not prepared to tolerate critics of your own people.

Like criticizing a team fielding an illegal player and then doing the same thing yourself the next week.

You need to beef up dude, out of your weight range here.

Surely this is because SF arent allowed into goveenment nor have their voices heard (like cullinane at north quay meeting)

It just makes FFG seem deranged to blame shinners for their actions......like your free to do so....but deosnt make any sense to support slashing green TDs speaking time,because bob story died and there was a funeral is irrational.....its every bit as retarded as when orangemen used blame nationlists for rioting they done at drumcree

Like Father Jack, 'Pay hikes! U-turns! Shinners!'
    If they could defend FF/FG based on any criticism raised they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

satguy wrote: »

I'm just glad I'm not a FF voter. Leo calls the shots, and now FF fall in line.

Pardon me, but were not advocating support for FF recently? As in you voted for them, in the past?

You stated that FF would easily outpoll FG in an election, yet poll after poll since the GE has shown us that this is false.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    You said the same about Maria Bailey at the time.

That prediction aged well.

I'm still waiting for the video... that prediction aged very well.. :D

In all my years of watching senior hurling I have never seen a hurler come off the pitch moaning like a whingebag that he got bullied by the opposition.
    Varadkar "Day in and day out you try to bully people in here because they come from a larger party or a government party”.

Sounds to me like Leo needs some tissues and a nappy. If he cant handle the senior hurling then he should get off the pitch.

I'm just glad I'm not a FF voter.

Except when you are....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113479529&postcount=6055
    I like FF,, and yes I do joke that they are mostly, accidental landlords, shop owners, and part time publicans.

But behind it all,, yes, I do like them, and did give them a No2 preference vote behind a SF one in our last GE. And while under Bertie Ahern they did leave a lot to be desired. I still feel the path they are on is good for Ireland.

I don't really know what to say, but caught out...
    Well at least you are not pretending to be a FG voter 'last time' out and a new SF just this year. :)

Muahahaha wrote: »
    In all my years of watching senior hurling I have never seen a hurler come off the pitch moaning like a whingebag that he got bullied by the opposition.

What is the context of the quote?

Surely this is because SF arent allowed into goveenment nor have their voices heard (like cullinane at north quay meeting)

It just makes FFG seem deranged to blame shinners for their actions......like your free to do so....but deosnt make any sense to support slashing green TDs speaking time,because bob story died and there was a funeral is irrational.....its every bit as retarded as when orangemen used blame nationlists for rioting they done at drumcree

So it’s everyone else’s fault that Cullinane was caught on tape roaring about breaking the free state bastards?

So it’s everyone else’s fault that Cullinane was caught on tape roaring about breaking the free state bastards?

Sorry, what did he do this time?

The guy is a loose cannon. Cringe even for SF standards.

markodaly wrote: »
    What is the context of the quote?

Its in the context of Leo having a meltdown in the Dail yesterday, him crying about being bullied by the opposition. He needs to man up, he's supposed to be playing senior hurling here but is instead moaning like he is in an under 9s game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Well,, just over a month in, and they have the gravy train nicely rolling.

Not a single vote to give nurses or frontline workers an extra penny.

But lots of votes for themselfs,, an extra 16K here, a car and Garda driver there,, and just today, a vote to help their vulture funds buddies evict tenants quickly, and make it easier for the VF's to milk us.

Also a vote to stop small parties on the left questioning them.

And all while Micheál Martin still thinks he's the real Taoiseach.

And all while Micheál Martin still thinks he's the real Taoiseach.

Well, you did vote for them in the GE, did you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I would suspect that the real arrogance is with the party who went with their leaders and drove a coach and four through the public health advice, and arrogantly ‘took over’ the streets for a funeral in Belfast.

And this while forcing normal people to see their loved ones sent off with three or four mourners.

There was Pearse looking uncomfortable with the big lollipop head on him doing what he told people in his own jurisdiction not to do.

Now there’s real and viewable arrogance.

There’s Cullinane exulting about having ‘broken the State’ thats us by the way.The taxpayers.

Now there’s real and tangible arrogance for you.

Ha talk about hypocrisy. Aul Lieo was supping cans in the park after his half-day on the phones while the limits were still in place. Tanning them moobs more important than leading by example it seems .

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Ha talk about hypocrisy. Aul Lieo was supping cans in the park after his half-day on the phones while the limits were still in place. Tanning them moobs more important than leading by example it seems .

Hahaha. Were you one of the lads who was getting all worked up about that and then defending the Shinners for sending thousands of white shirt and black ties fat men over the border in a sinister display of ‘we haven’t gone away you know’?

Lol.

His opinion of LV running the show and not MM has no bearing on how he voted.
    Have you any point yourself? You seem to be kicking your heels hanging around looking for something to gripe about.

Dude, you spend 16 hours a day on the internet cribbing and moaning. Usually starts around lunchtime and continues until the wee hours. FG Derangement Syndrome. No one in the country thinks more about FG than you do. They live rent free inside your head. Highly amusing.

I’ll treat that horse schidt with the contempt it deserves.

Interesting that the fg bootboys have given up refuting any/all points perferring instead to hurl abuse at any poster who dare suggest things could be done better here

Not a normal party

Don’t like to be dragged down rabbit holes dude.

If you want to throw stones at people make sure you can withstand the stones being thrown at you.

We ain’t no cockshots, my friend, be prepared for enemy fire;)

Interesting that the fg bootboys have given up refuting any/all points perferring instead to simply hurl abuse at any poster who dare suggest things could be done better here

Not a normal party

As i say, if they could defend FF/FG on their own merits they would.

Dude, you spend 16 hours a day on the internet cribbing and moaning. Usually starts around lunchtime and continues until the wee hours. FG Derangement Syndrome. No one in the country thinks more about FG than you do. They live rent free inside your head. Highly amusing.

And I'm living in yours by the looks.

And I'm living in yours by the looks.

Love this rhetoric too. Every time I got a chance to take a look today on lunch and just after work the same old same old were in here moaning and whinging. The SCU’s budget musta made if through the fairytale PFG.

Love this rhetoric too. Every time I got a chance to take a look today on lunch and just after work the same old same old were in here moaning and whinging. The SCU’s budget musta made if through the fairytale PFG.

It's the losing the rag and getting personal over any criticism at FF/FG even minor stuff and coming into a FG comment thread to say nobody is interested in a FG comment thread is comical.

Imagine Lieo saying he's embarrassed to share the Dail over opposition tackling him. The same coward that used his spokesperson to refute Ruth Morrissey's husband on the day of her death. Morto for those that would vote her or support him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

So we have established that the SF fans don't like FG, or Leo. There's a surprise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement