Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Again, I couldn't respond to your post any better than this:

And in your post after this, you prove my point. You deflect to another party to explain/handwave away a criticism of FG and Leo.

You are totally lacking in self awareness blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

And in your post after this, you prove my point. You deflect to another party to explain/handwave away a criticism of FG and Leo.

You are totally lacking in self awareness blanch.

Jesus, pot meet kettle, dude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

McMurphy wrote: »
    My opinion is shored up by many commentators on this site, various political/current affairs programmes on television and radio, and of course other social media platforms.

I genuinely believe it would be a coin toss as to which appeared to have people's backs up the most at the time, a Taoiseach seemingly willing to turn a blind eye to someone making a fairly dodgy insurance claim (especially considering FGs SW fraud campaign) or the FG govt wanting to introduce a state commemoration for the Black and Tans, and then proclaim it was the electorate who were unreasonable when they voiced their own objections to such.

I think it was a factor, but how you were so certain that is what lost them the election I am yet to be convinced of. Housing I would think of is the main one.

It's swings and roundabouts (excuse the pun :)), while FG may have lost votes for Maria Bailey and the tans, they may have gained them when some people looked at the daft pension plans of FF and SF for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

christy c wrote: »
    I think it was a factor, but how you were so certain that is what lost them the election I am yet to be convinced of. Housing I would think of is the main one.

It's swings and roundabouts (excuse the pun :)), while FG may have lost votes for Maria Bailey and the tans, they may have gained them when some people looked at the daft pension plans of FF and SF for example.

Christy, you like others before you, and more than likely will be followed by others have just demonstrated that you have been arguing a point never made by me, rather something you have come up with in your own head.

I never said Bailey/Tans was what was responsible for costing them the election, I said, and I'll quote myself
    FG undoubtedly lost the last election because of arrogance
    arrogance.

Arrogance factored greatly with the housing and health crises too christy, did I mention that whenever either or got mentioned on these boards, FG shills dismissed both?

Something to do with trampolines in gardens, homes close to mammy, forever homes, etc etc and hypochondriac codgers coughing up trolleys with head cold and flus?

I repeat arrogance.

Christy, you like others before you, and more than likely will be followed by others have just demonstrated that you have been arguing a point never made by me, rather something you have come up with in your own head.

I never said Bailey/Tans was what was responsible for costing them the election, I said, and I'll quote myself arrogance.

Arrogance factored greatly with the housing and health crises too christy, did I mention that whenever either or got mentioned on these boards, FG shills dismissed both?

Something to do with trampolines in gardens, homes close to mammy, forever homes, etc etc and hypochondriac codgers coughing up trolleys with head cold and flus?

I repeat arrogance.

In fairness, Murph, no one really cares about your opinions on FG. Like no one cares about my opinion on SF thugs, kiddie fiddlers, diesel smugglers, and sociopaths.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Varadkar,when he was taoiseach always struck me as someone,who viewed doing his job,as beneath him tbh

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

What aspects of his job did he find "beneath him" and how did he portray this?

I never said Bailey/Tans was what was responsible for costing them the election, I said, and I'll quote myself arrogance.

I repeat arrogance.

Yes I was talking about arrogance, and then you brought up the tans and Bailey. I assumed you were using that as an example of arrogance but it seems now you were just waffling.

To borrow your own arrogant phrase, I repeat, how are so sure it was arrogance that cost them, not the housing and health? I repeat, the poll mentioned health and housing.

I don't think what people say here is that important that it influences the outcome of an election, be they shills or not. Dont suppose you'll put your money where your mouth is and name the shills?

In fairness, Murph, no one really cares about your opinions on FG. Like no one cares about my opinion on SF thugs, kiddie fiddlers, diesel smugglers, and sociopaths.

Looked like no-one cared too much on your Social Democrat thread either John, looked like it was a wee bit misogynistic, woman bashing, shunted about and declared not up to scratch.

In other news, if Christy wants to argue a point never made, you should just butt out and leave him to his own devices.

Dude.

atch.

In other news, if Christy wants to argue a point never made, you should just butt out and leave him to his own devices.

And you critcise others for arrogance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jesus JohnnyFlash and blanch all over the thread.do you lads do anywork or is this the work? Also Leo is a scumbag and the idea he's liked is laughable. Count Lieo the 6th is sounding more and more like his buddy Trump everyday trying to wind people up and screaming about the far left. It's delightful to see.

• Advertisement

Yes I was talking about arrogance, and then you brought up the tans and Bailey. I assumed you were using that as an example of arrogance but it seems now you were just waffling.

To borrow your own arrogant phrase, I repeat, how are so sure it was arrogance that cost them, not the housing and health? I repeat, the poll mentioned health and housing.

Yeah I used bailey and the tans as shining examples of arrogance, you introduced housing/health (like that was some pinnacle of their lack of arrogance) :pac: poorly thought out defence if you want my opinion, which you keep engaging me for and teasing more information from, so you must.
    I don't think what people say here is that important that it influences the outcome of an election, be they shills or not. Dont suppose you'll put your money where your mouth is and name the shills?

Don't suppose all you might want to achieve by me doing that would be for me to attract some kind of sanction?

If you didn't see or read any of the health and housing crises being hand waved and dismissed on these threads, you must have had your head stuck in the sand.

Search function/keywords listed above. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Brendan is never afraid to dish out a nice wholesome bowl of truth stew. Like yourself, Blanch,

I was down at my local golf club yesterday evening, and much of the talk was about how the negativity and petty point scoring from the opposition was starting to bore people already. In fairness, this golf club wasn't Grange Castle or Silloge, so there wouldn't be many SF types in the membership.

I know SF have upwards of 200 employees, so you'd imagine they should get a few of them to do something about improving the narrative their supporters spout on social media sites. Starting to irk Mike and Mary Middleclass. All good for FG of course....

:cool:

I dunno maybe it's a Dublin thing because I can tell ya leo ain't liked in my golf club on Cork's southside.

Yeah I used bailey and the tans as shining examples of arrogance, you introduced housing/health (like that was some pinnacle of their lack of arrogance) :pac: poorly thought out defence if you want my opinion, which you keep engaging me for and teasing more information from, so you must.

Don't suppose all you might want to achieve by me doing that would be for me to attract some kind of sanction?

If you didn't see or read any of the health and housing crises being hand waved and dismissed on these threads, you must have had your head stuck in the sand.

Search function/keywords listed above. Job done.

First point, now you are saying that they lost the election partly because of Baliey and the tans (arrogance). Yet you told me I was arguing a point that wasn't made. You're going around in circles and waffling.

Regarding shills, if you're not willing to put your money where you mouth is you shouldn't bring it up. I've been called a shill before incorrectly by someone else so font think it is fair to call people that unless you back it up.

smurgen wrote: »
    Jesus JohnnyFlash and blanch all over the thread.do you lads do anywork or is this the work? Also Leo is a scumbag and the idea he's liked is laughable. Count Lieo the 6th is sounding more and more like his buddy Trump everyday trying to wind people up and screaming about the far left. It's delightful to see.

Dude had a 75% approval rating in the last poll and FG were by far the most popular party. FG are now in Government for almost 10 years. Amazing stuff.

Your lads are boring the hole off people on Twitter, going to the funeral of a psychopathic thug, and being an incredibly shrill opposition.

All good in this camp, my friend.

First point, now you are saying that they lost the election partly because of Baliey and the tans (arrogance). Yet you told me I was arguing a point that wasn't made. You're going around in circles and waffling.

Christy, you have proven beyond reasonable doubt that you're way out of your depth here, and in over your head.

Once again for clarity, I said that FG undoubtedly lost the election due to arrogance (you even quoted me in full) I then went on to use Bailey and the Black and Tans episodes as evidence of their arrogance (it wasn't a definitive list to their arrogance however), and I again repeat, you tried to counter this with health and housing, which had their own flavour of FG arrogance, rather than 'waffling and going in circles" I'm posting fairly straightforward and easy to follow language, it just seems you are having a bit of difficulty pinning down how to counter it.

Regarding shills, if you're not willing to put your money where you mouth is you shouldn't bring it up. I've been called a shill before incorrectly by someone else so font think it is fair to call people that unless you back it up.

Oh I get it, no I'm not accusing you of being a shill, but it's fair to say they exist on this site, even Morty (who has since left us) seemed to acknowledge there's shills posting here (and not just from FG)

As I said, just use the search function for the defence of the indefensible, I provided you with key words for the sites search engines.

Christy, you have proven beyond reasonable doubt that you're way out of your depth here, and in over your head.

Once again for clarity, I said that FG undoubtedly lost the election due to arrogance (you even quoted me in full) I then went on to use Bailey and the Black and Tans episodes as evidence of their arrogance (it wasn't a definitive list to their arrogance however), and I again repeat, you tried to counter this with health and housing, which had their own flavour of FG arrogance, rather than 'waffling and going in circles" I'm posting fairly straightforward and easy to follow language, it just seems you are having a bit of difficulty pinning down how to counter it.

I'm out of my depth?? :)

Opinion poll v the opinion of a random person who voted for a different party. I'll leave you to it.

I'm out of my depth?? :)

Opinion poll v the opinion of a random person who voted for a different party. I'll leave you to it.

This aforementioned opinion poll that (as discussed) got arrogantly dismissed on here by various shills? Sure "there was no health not housing crises according to some on here. *Shrugs*

There's a point about arrogance and FG that you keep missing, might be time to blow up your armbands christy, this is the deep end you're in.

This aforementioned opinion poll that (as discussed) got arrogantly dismissed on here by various shills? Sure "there was no health not housing crises according to some on here. *Shrugs*

There's a point about arrogance and FG that you keep missing, might be time to blow up your armbands christy, this is the deep end you're in.

I couldn't care less who dismissed the poll, I think it was probably accurate enough.

I'm not missing anything, I think arrogance is a factor. Childish rubbish about arm bands, yeah this is where the heavy hitters hang out alright.

I couldn't care less who dismissed the poll, I think it was probably accurate enough.

It's not about you christy, it's about FG and their reputation of arrogance, I stated earlier it was arrogance (you might recall mr Vader telling us leo wasn't arrogant, and how it led to us discussing the party's reputation of same?) that ultimately cost them the election.
    I'm not missing anything, I think arrogance is a factor. Childish rubbish about arm bands, yeah this is where the heavy hitters hang out alright.

Well this is progress, so you do believe arrogance was a factor to them losing the last election, but you just spent the last hour or two trying to dismiss it, and point at health and housing instead (ignoring the arrogance of FG supporters who dismissed any notion that either or was when a crisis at all? So basically this discussion has been a waste of both mine and your time, as you're now in agreement with me? I repeat, progress.

The armbands reference was just a light hearted attempt at humour, mark it down as a failure if you must. I'll get my coat.

So basically this discussion has been a waste of both mine and your time, as you're now in agreement with me? I repeat, progress. .

This is one part I agree with, it has been a waste of my time responding to your waffle and arrogance.

I said arrogane was a factor, you said arrogance definitely cost them the election, big difference. You now think that is that same thing and we are in agreement. I think you meant this is the deep end of the kiddies pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I would suspect that the real arrogance is with the party who went with their leaders and drove a coach and four through the public health advice, and arrogantly ‘took over’ the streets for a funeral in Belfast.

And this while forcing normal people to see their loved ones sent off with three or four mourners.

There was Pearse looking uncomfortable with the big lollipop head on him doing what he told people in his own jurisdiction not to do.

Now there’s real and viewable arrogance.

There’s Cullinane exulting about having ‘broken the State’ thats us by the way.The taxpayers.

Now there’s real and tangible arrogance for you.

I would suspect that the real arrogance is with the party who went with their leaders and drove a coach and four through the public health advice, and arrogantly ‘took over’ the streets for a funeral in Belfast.

And this while forcing normal people to see their loved ones sent off with three or four mourners.

There was Pearse looking uncomfortable with the big lollipop head on him doing what he told people in his own jurisdiction not to do.

There’s Cullinane exulting about having ‘broken the State’ thats us by the way.The taxpayers.

Knocking it out of the park today, Brendan. Delivering deadly accurate truth missiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You're just bein baited Christy, it was Enda, now it's Leo, next it will be whoever is,
    the next FG leader.
    Its the three amigos, the three stooges etc, any term they can come up with to belittle the leaders of their opposition.
    Funny one I seen last night a young FG lad was on Facebook, was calling Marylou and Michelle the 66 leaders in response to some taunt.

This is one part I agree with, it has been a waste of my time responding to your waffle and arrogance.

I said arrogane was a factor, you said arrogance definitely cost them the election, big difference. You now think that is that same thing and we are in agreement. I think you meant this is the deep end of the kiddies pool.

Arrogance was a factor, but it wasn't arrogance, it was more likely health and housing which opinion polls stated cost them the election, and which some of the party faithfuls tried to dismiss any notion that there was any health crisis at all, and housing crisis wasn't a crisis either because trampolines in gardens etc etc, which on its own merits was pretty arrogant anyway.....

Someone most definitely is going round in circles, was it you that did the donuts at the end of my laneway a few weeks ago Christy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Knocking it out of the park today, Brendan. Delivering deadly accurate truth missiles.

It is the baseball season John..... no problem banging in homers against Pop Warner teams.

Game over before the seventh inning stretch.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,131 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Somebody else keen to deflect to themuns.
    Gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hard to believe there is even a debate about Fine Gaels arrogance, some posters here must have very short memories.

488dk9.jpg

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hard to believe there is even a debate about Fine Gaels arrogance, some posters here must have very short memories.

488dk9.jpg

People tend to mistake competence for arrogance.

Muahahaha wrote: »

488dk9.jpg

Yeah, that's where I'd disagree with people who say they are not arrogant. However, there is a big difference in saying they are arrogant, or saying arrogance was a factor in their election result and saying it undoubtedly cost them the election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is using movie quotes for a bet when addressing the nation on the Covid 19 pandemic arrogance or just arseholery?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement