Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You were clearly complaining about the approach taken, as was the twitter post shared, and I asked you what help you believe gloves would be.

If it's clearly complaining, it won't be difficult for you to point the complaining part out in the post.

I'm starting to feel like I'll be waiting for a long time.

Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’ll ring the Department of Health and let them know that Matt Barrett and McMurphy have come up with a plan to keep Ireland coronavirus free. It’s a plan based on their expertise in everything and has been tested on Twitter.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I’ll ring the Department of Health and let them know that Matt Barrett and McMurphy have come up with a plan to keep Ireland coronavirus free. It’s a plan based on their expertise in everything and has been tested on Twitter.:rolleyes:

Silly, it is a plan based on criticising whatever Harris does, regardless of right or wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You need to give Dr Cillian De Gascun, Director of the National Reference Laboratory at UCD, and Dr Tony Holohan chief medical officer at the department of health an urgent call with your imporant advice as they devise Ireland's strategy on Corona

Top tip for Harris before you gobs off the the press again.
    I was answering a query. Now you go off and wave at any incoming planes to let them know to turn back.
    I’d say you never get anything right. Except for bitching and moaning of course.

I pretty happy with the election result and watching all the FG'ers wallow in bitterness is amusing :)

blanch152 wrote: »
    So you are suggesting that in a situation where the Government has been advised of certain action based on a medical emergency, that they should stop and not take action until they have consulted relevant interest groups? Pretty stupid way to do things if you ask me.

If you had been following this story in any sensible way, the issue was a mass gathering where people who may be carriers were likely to be there, not international travel, not a particular game. Hysterical attempts to cast aspersions on the government are just hysterical.

Did you notice that the UK scaled back their advice to schools today back to the advice given out in Ireland yesterday? That people should only self-isolate if they have symptoms. Yesterday the UK were closing schools left, right and centre, today they are saying only self-isolate with symptoms.

People are being given advice all the time, but the one thing that we do know for certain - it will be close to impossible for Ireland to avoid having a case and it will be extremely difficult to avoid an epidemic.

Of course, no matter what happens, in your eyes, it will all be Harris' fault.

I'm stating that Harris should have contacted the IRFU before making an announcement to the press.
    Your comment is the standard infer and answer your own inference. Not related to my comment.
    And we get to your flawed conclusion based on your inference.
    I said he should have contacted the IRFU before making an announcement to the press. If anything is Harris' fault, it's Harris' fault. If it's not it's not. Making an announcement about the cancellation of a rugby match before talking to the IRFU, yeah that would be on Sio. Maybe he came out of election hiding too soon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Bowie wrote: »
    Top tip for Harris before you gobs off the the press again.
    I was answering a query. Now you go off and wave at any incoming planes to let them know to turn back.

I pretty happy with the election result and watching all the FG'ers wallow in bitterness is amusing :)

The bar is pretty low for you, yeah?

You asked a question, it got answered and now you are trying to pretend you didn't ask. My suggestion was based on what they are doing in other countries.
    If you don't want answers don't ask questions. Pretty basic stuff dude.

The bar is pretty low for you, yeah?

Far above the IQ level of your posts anyway.

Far above the IQ level of your posts anyway.

Oh posts have an IQ level? Tell us how that works! :D

Oh posts have an IQ level? Tell us how that works! :D

English not your first language? Should I try Ulster Scots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

McMurphy wrote: »
    If it's clearly complaining, it won't be difficult for you to point the complaining part out in the post.

Why would you possibly post a tweet of someone complaining about how Dublin airport is dealing with the virus if you didn't agree with the comment?

If you don't believe gloves are necessary then what was your point in repeating that element of the post?

Looks like you're trying pull an even weaker attempt at covering yourself than Trump's use of 'many people are saying'. SAD

English not your first language? Should I try Ulster Scots?

What level IQ is that post? :D:D:D

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Why would you possibly post a tweet of someone complaining about how Dublin airport is dealing with the virus if you didn't agree with the comment?

If you don't believe gloves are necessary then what was your point in repeating that element of the post?

Looks like you're trying pull an even weaker attempt at covering yourself than Trump's use of 'many people are saying'. SAD

Sounds more like you're struggling to make a laboured burn on a poster as is the only response FG seem capable of on any issue, since having their arses handed to them.

This is FG for the next 5 years :)
    What level IQ is that post? :D:D:D

Look at it lads, youse came in in 2011 with a decimated FF and a barely there SF. The SD's didn't even exist and the Greens were off the radar. Roll on 9 years or so and you are playing third fiddle to SF and FF, afraid to criticise FF in case you need them or end up supporting them in some form and any shot at government in the future looks like more of the same with the added bonus of having to kiss the arse of the SD's who likely won't touch yis or the Green's who might. Enjoy boys ;)

Sounds more like you're struggling to make a laboured burn on a poster as is the only response FG seem capable of on any issue, since having their arses handed to them.

This is FG for the next 5 years :)

Look at it lads, youse came in in 2011 with a decimated FF and a barely there SF. The SD's didn't even exist and the Greens were off the radar. Roll on 9 years or so and you are playing third fiddle to SF and FF, afraid to criticise FF in case you need them or end up supporting them in some form and any shot at government in the future looks like more of the same with the added bonus of having to kiss the arse of the SD's who likely won't touch yis or the Green's who might. Enjoy boys ;)

Is that post of a higher or lower IQ compared to your previous brain fart? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

FG saying their preparing for opposition while planning talks with FF. Can they ever tell the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

smurgen wrote: »
    FG saying their preparing for opposition while planning talks with FF. Can they ever tell the truth?

If SF were at this huffing and puffing their peacock feathers there would be a queue of lads on here to lose their **** about it. :D

You do understand the two are not mutually exclusive?

'Relishing' going into opposition and the other day 'reaffirming' they were going into opposition.

The talks are a ruse so they don't get judged too harshly should an election be called. Complete chiselers and hypocrites on this.
    FF, who ushered in a financial melt down and assisted FG in giving us generational debt are fine and dandy to partner with for 'stability' but now it looks like MM wants the crown, Varadkar can't handle it. So much for the 'stability' con.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

'Relishing' going into opposition and the other day 'reaffirming' they were going into opposition.

The talks are a ruse so they don't get judgd too harshly should an election be called.Complete chiselers and hypocrites on his.
    FF, who ushered in a financial melt down and assisted FG in giving us generational debt and fine and dandy to partner with for 'stability' but now it looks like MM wants the crown, Varadkar can't handle it. So much for the 'stability' con.

Now that project fear has failed they might aswell just admit they badly want in on government.sure doesn't sulky leo need two more years of taoiseach to get his pension.

The talks are a ruse so they don't get judgd too harshly should an election be called.Complete chiselers and hypocrites on this.
    FF, who ushered in a financial melt down and assisted FG in giving us generational debt are fine and dandy to partner with for 'stability' but now it looks like MM wants the crown, Varadkar can't handle it. So much for the 'stability' con.

Even the Indo is calling them out on it. Why? Because a blind horse can see it.
    Yesterday, Micheál Martin and Leo Varadkar held exploratory talks on the possibility of government formation. It is not believed they shared any pancakes.

Instead, there was a lot palaver as the party leaders, who held the last government together for four years, feigned a sudden insurmountable difficulty to sharing office.

Talks about the possibility of having talks. More than two weeks after the actual election. Presumably both men have each other's phone number. Could someone have put in a call before now and saved us all the theatrics?

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/varadkar-and-martin-are-playing-hard-to-get-but-the-fed-up-voters-arent-buying-it-38991455.html

• Advertisement

Yep. A con. I mean why would stability be so important when it suited FG and FF, but not now? Likely because Leo isn't relishing playing court jester to Micheal's king.

Yep. A con. I mean why would stability be so important when it suited FG and FF, but not now? Likely because Leo isn't relishing playing court jester to Michael.

What IQ is that post? :D

What IQ is that post? :D

Seems to be the only thing of substance that they have discussed so far - musical chairs.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fianna-fails-dismissal-of-rotating-taoiseach-plan-arrogant-fine-gael-claims-983576.html

Fine Gael calling anyone arrogant is a headline in itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Kind of to be expected. For both, the party leader was naturally Taoiseach when in government with minor parties or independents. Must be an awful shock to the system to have to contemplate a rotating Taoiseach or perhaps a sort of "power sharing" agreement (the "Táinaiste" [on paper] really getting an equal input into all of the decisions).
    I'd imagine the horrible vista of fighting another general election may help them swallow it!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Surely both can be true?

Surely both can be true?

Don’t even try. You’re wasting your time :D

Surely both can be true?

They reaffirmed yesterday that they were going into opposition. The talks are likely a show. It would make more sense if they said they were open to talks but likely going into opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fine Gael has dismissed as “very arrogant” Fianna Fáil claims that only Micheál Martin can be taoiseach in the next government.

First of all... :D:D (FG calling anyone arrogant).

But what happened to "The onus is now on Fianna Fail to form a government"
    and
    "The people voted for change, we are willing to respect that"?
    Surely this is showing that they are not willing to respect that, and as for this.. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/varadkar-open-to-confidence-and-supply-agreement-with-ff-even-if-the-shoe-was-on-the-other-foot-950529.html
    *yawn*

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    First of all... :D:D (FG calling anyone arrogant).

But what happened to "The onus is now on Fianna Fail to form a government"
    and
    "The people voted for change, we are willing to respect that"?
    Surely this is showing that they are not willing to respect that, and as for this.. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/varadkar-open-to-confidence-and-supply-agreement-with-ff-even-if-the-shoe-was-on-the-other-foot-950529.html
    *yawn*

He's not. The LV ego is the big stumbling block. That's why I reckon if they do come to an arrangement, LV will resign because it will require MM holding the reins and LV won't wear that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement