Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

omega man wrote: »
    Really wanted FG to go into opposition with a FF coalition with SF forcing SF to finally walk the walk.

FG can't make that happen if FF won't play ball. If FG maintain their position of not going into government that can only mean another election...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Remember, FF said they will not go into government with either SF or FG.
    Nothing FG can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

markodaly wrote: »

Another election so?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You have to be brave enough to withstand name-calling. Jesus wept :D

You don’t expect much of your lot, do you!

What is it with comprehension skills around here?

Read it again, for your ease I will bold the bits you seem to be confused about.

Opposition is a challenge too, you have to be brave enough to stand and be counted and not be afraid of the entitled and arrogant calling you petty names for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Another election so?

Probably the best option. SF and the left need their chance at the helm. Another election may help that. Plus they have suffered name-calling for long enough! Oh the humanity...

• Advertisement

What is it with comprehension skills around here?

Read it again, for your ease I will bold the bits you seem to be confused about.

Opposition is a challenge too,you have to be brave enough to stand and be countedand not be afraid of the entitled and arrogant calling you petty names for doing it.

Nothing wrong with my comprehension skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

markodaly wrote: »

FF never ruled out another confidence & supply deal with FG. And all indications from the early 'contacts' are that FF is prepared to back down on full coalition with FG.

Nothing wrong with my comprehension skills.

Then why the inane reply if you knew what I was calling 'brave'?

Just being a pain?

FF never ruled out another confidence & supply deal with FG.

Would it matter if he had ruled it out? He ruled out going into coalition with FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ah I see simple Simon cancelled the Irish game but forgot to cancel general flights in from Italy? The poor lad nearly had a cohesive plan for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Ah I see simple Simon cancelled the Irish game but forgot to cancel general flights in from Italy? The poor lad nearly had a cohesive plan for once.

I see where Irish passengers have been returning from Italy giving out that they weren't screened for temperatures etc when landing, but also no gloves being used.

https://twitter.com/cathalmalone/status/1232323838488260610?s=19

Looks like they didn't bother tackling crony behaviour the last while either and have no intention of tackling it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/watchdog-disappointed-with-review-of-state-s-lobbying-act-1.4184804?mode=amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You can't cancel flights from italy unless they're cancelled from other countries that have flights to Italy, people would still travel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

McMurphy wrote: »
    I see where Irish passengers have been returning from Italy giving out that they weren't screened for temperatures etc when landing, but also no gloves being used.

Confused by the point that is being made here aside from faux outrage and attempts at point scoring.

Are there multi use gloves that stop the transfer of the virus?

Does he expect the passport officers to change single use gloves after checking each passport?

If it is to protect the passport officers, are gloves any better than regular hand sanitizing?

Simon make a big breathless call for the game to be cancelled. Only THEN does he sit down with the IRFU and then says the decision is theirs ultimately. :)

That man is some manager/Minister!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,912 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Who cares. He's on the way out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,272 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I never realised you were an expert on medical screening as well as everything else.

Not every person who gives out has a case.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I never realised you were an expert on medical screening as well as everything else.

You’ve plenty of opinions on stuff you’re not and expert on. You don’t decide who has a valid opinion and who does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Confused by the point that is being made here aside from faux outrage and attempts at point scoring.

Are there multi use gloves that stop the transfer of the virus?

Does he expect the passport officers to change single use gloves after checking each passport?

If it is to protect the passport officers, are gloves any better than regular hand sanitizing?

It’s just an excuse by Murphy to have a rant about FG and Simon Harris. In an attempt to paint Harris as a buffoon they get a bit hysterical and end up looking rather silly themselves.

I think some people are so politically naive (Twitter heads and Journal comments section sorts) that they think decisions are made exclusively by the minister with no input from the HSE, Department of Health officials, Dept of Foreign Affairs officials, and other experts.

I think the underlying suggestion is we ban travel or create mass screening facilities at all airports and ports. How we would achieve that and how effective it would be are the sort of details that Murphy and the lads don’t consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What would you have had the minister of health do?

Contact the IRFU before making an announcement through the media.
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    You can't cancel flights from italy unless they're cancelled from other countries that have flights to Italy, people would still travel

That's when you would put out a notice so the airlines know. Or do you suggest we hang a 'closed' sign at the terminal?

• Advertisement

I think the underlying suggestion is we ban travel or create mass screening facilities at all airports and ports. How we would achieve that and how effective it would be are the sort of details that Murphy and the lads don’t consider.

This is one of those, if you criticise the situation or minister, (who accepted the job and gets paid to do it) 'what would you do?' scenarios :rolleyes:
    Maybe follow the lead of elsewhere? Ban flights from certain arrears and have a plan? There are things new arrivals are told to do when arriving if they believe they may have been exposed. Self quarantine, call a specific number if you think you've symptoms so medical staff are aware/don't contract it etc.. It's not that difficult but hey, Harris, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It’s just an excuse by Murphy to have a rant about FG and Simon Harris. In an attempt to paint Harris as a buffoon they get a bit hysterical and end up looking rather silly themselves.

I think some people are so politically naive (Twitter heads and Journal comments section sorts) that they think decisions are made exclusively by the minister with no input from the HSE, Department of Health officials, Dept of Foreign Affairs officials, and other experts.

Hang on a minute here, firstly I never said I was an expert on anything related to health, not did I make a comment on Harris or FG being incompetent gobshytes, or masters of their fields - the posts right here for you to re-read.

But don't let that stop either the pair of you jump in blindly with the big banana feet.

A poster I quoted commented on flights from Italy, and I made a comment on that quote about flights coming in from Italy, and what the disembarking passengers were saying.

More straws being clutched there than Wurzel interfering with himself.

Fine Gael arrogance again.

Shinners are only experts at bitching and moaning.

Shinners are only experts at bitching and moaning.

Fianna Failer's are only good for destroying the economy.

Am I doing this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bowie wrote: »

Am I doing this right?
    Nah, that's just a regular poster whinge!

Am I doing this right?

I’d say you never get anything right. Except for bitching and moaning of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

This is one of those, if you criticise the situation or minister, (who accepted the job and gets paid to do it) 'what would you do?' scenarios :rolleyes:
    Maybe follow the lead of elsewhere? Ban flights from certain arrears and have a plan? There are things new arrivals are told to do when arriving if they believe they may have been exposed. Self quarantine, call a specific number if you think you've symptoms so medical staff are aware/don't contract it etc.. It's not that difficult but hey, Harris, right?

You need to give Dr Cillian De Gascun, Director of the National Reference Laboratory at UCD, and Dr Tony Holohan chief medical officer at the department of health an urgent call with your imporant advice as they devise Ireland's strategy on Corona

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Hang on a minute here, firstly I never said I was an expert on anything related to health, not did I make a comment on Harris or FG being incompetent gobshytes, or masters of their fields - the posts right here for you to re-read.

But don't let that stop either the pair of you jump in blindly with the big banana feet.

A poster I quoted commented on flights from Italy, and I made a comment on that quote about flights coming in from Italy, and what the disembarking passengers were saying.

You were clearly complaining about the approach taken, as was the twitter post shared, and I asked you what help you believe gloves would be.

I'm starting to feel like I'll be waiting for a long time.

Contact the IRFU before making an announcement through the media.

That's when you would put out a notice so the airlines know. Or do you suggest we hang a 'closed' sign at the terminal?

So you are suggesting that in a situation where the Government has been advised of certain action based on a medical emergency, that they should stop and not take action until they have consulted relevant interest groups? Pretty stupid way to do things if you ask me.

If you had been following this story in any sensible way, the issue was a mass gathering where people who may be carriers were likely to be there, not international travel, not a particular game. Hysterical attempts to cast aspersions on the government are just hysterical.

Did you notice that the UK scaled back their advice to schools today back to the advice given out in Ireland yesterday? That people should only self-isolate if they have symptoms. Yesterday the UK were closing schools left, right and centre, today they are saying only self-isolate with symptoms.

People are being given advice all the time, but the one thing that we do know for certain - it will be close to impossible for Ireland to avoid having a case and it will be extremely difficult to avoid an epidemic.

Of course, no matter what happens, in your eyes, it will all be Harris' fault.

• Advertisement

So you were mindlessly reposting some scaremongering rubbish you saw on Twitter with a slant that implied (but didn't openly state) that FG were asleep at the wheel.

Glad we cleared that one up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement