Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you saying that Mary-Lou was wrong (and all of the other posters on here) when she said that the public voted for change.

You literally seem to post all day. Did they switch the spin unit to jobbridge since ye lost the election?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rally? Did you hear the numbers? :D
    Is it a State secret? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

is_that_so wrote: »
    Is it a State secret? :P

SF would certainly prefer to keep it secret

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

SF would certainly prefer to keep it secret
    And? Spill it man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If my party came in third I wouldn't be slagging parties who got more seats on their numbers ;)

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    And? Spill it man!

Between 800 & 1000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Bowie wrote: »
    If my party came in third I wouldn't be slagging parties who got more seats on their numbers ;)

A few more seats are pretty worthless if you're seen as so toxic that no one wants to work with you to form a government...

Foxtrol wrote: »
    A few more seats are pretty worthless if you're seen as so toxic that no one wants to work with you to form a government...

They have no interest in forming a government

They have no interest in forming a government
    Foxtrol wrote: »

As worthless as obsessing over how many shinners turned up to a shinner rally?
    Enjoy the grapes lads ;)

Something to go with your whine...

cheese-varieties.jpg?w=1155&h=1537

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It's time for another election. That should appease all sides of the endless arguments here.

SF get to run 2nd and 3rd candidates in constituencies, with a view to getting close to an overall majority. The formation of a Government will then be made up of SF and a few independents. We then get to see them implement their policies: rent freezes, cutting USC for low earners, getting rid of property tax, getting rid of Irish Water, a dramatic increase in investment in health care. May God help us all if you work for a small business or are self-employed.

FG will go back to the electorate with a message of financial prudence, balanced budgets, fiscal realities, and long-term Keynesian investments in infrastructure.

FF will flounder in the middle, trying to be all things to all people.

None of them will spend too much time in this populist climate attempting to educate the electorate on the realities: our pension system is unsustainable, climate change is a reality, advances in healthcare means elderly people are now living well into their 80's and expect (and deserve) a State pension and access to hospital beds. There's huge macro issues impacting our social democratic structures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

SF got a good size of support from the public, therefore members of the public would like to see them involved in some form of governing.
    In your dreams :D
    The public voted for SF to give FG & FF a bit of a shake up. The public knew that SF did not have the numbers to do anything other than give the others a wake up call.
    FG & FF in coalition - sure isn't that enough change for anyone.
    Just a shake up - We don't want the Country completely ruined.

Enjoy the grapes lads ;)

Since when is ‘laughing at’, ‘obsessing over’? You shinners are a howl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Enjoy the grapes lads ;)

You're keeping up the number of posts Davie - but the content is nil :D

JamesM wrote: »
    In your dreams :D
    The public voted for SF to give FG & FF a bit of a shake up. The public knew that SF did not have the numbers to do anything other than give the others a wake up call.
    FG & FF in coalition - sure isn't that enough change for anyone.
    Just a shake up - We don't want the Country completely ruined.

So people voted for FG because they want them to govern and everyone else voted for others to teach FG a lesson?
    That's some big f***ing ego alright ;)

Young Simon Harris, (back from hiding) will have rightly pissed off the FG base by cancelling the rugby match against Italy and true to FG form...told the papers before the IRFU...who have yet to hear official word.
    Jokers ;)

So people voted for FG because they want them to govern and everyone else voted for others to teach FG a lesson?
    That's some big f***ing ego alright ;)

Young Simon Harris, (back from hiding) will have rightly pissed off the FG base by cancelling the rugby match against Italy and true to FG form...told the papers before the IRFU...who have yet to hear official word.
    F****ings jokers ;)

What would you have had the minister of health do?

What would you have had the minister of health do?

Organise a rally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭omega man

Really wanted FG to go into opposition with a FF coalition with SF forcing SF to finally walk the walk.
    In saying that the reaction to a FF/FG government would be interesting to say the least. The reality is that would get SF off the hook in my opinion...

omega man wrote: »
    Really wanted FG to go into opposition with a FF coalition with SF forcing SF to finally walk the walk.
    In saying that the reaction to a FF/FG government would be interesting to say the least. The reality is that would get SF off the hook in my opinion...

Of course it would. It’s what SF have been counting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF and others have spent the last 9 years whinging and moaning about FG being in government.
    Now, they are moaning that FG want to opt out of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

markodaly wrote: »
    SF and others have spent the last 9 years whinging and moaning about FG being in government.
    Can you link to that please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,275 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »

What are FG gonna do in opposition that will be different to SF, whinge in posh accents or something? :):)

Opposition is about calling government to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What are FG gonna do in opposition that will be different to SF, whinge in posh accents or something? :):)

Indeed it is.
    Government is about making hard choices, as FG know all about
    I am looking forward for cheap 65,000 euro houses that SF will build for us all. :D

As I said, its a win-win for me.

At least you are admitting that all SF do is whinge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Are SF supporters STILLLL pissing and moaning about FG!!!!?????????

Absolutey mind Baffling.

Are SF supporters STILLLL pissing and moaning about FG!!!!????????? ?

Absolute mind Baffling.

And hilarious in equal measure. Anyway, they’ll be in government soon to show us all.

FG - fúck off.

SF - change.

At least you are admitting that all SF do is whinge

Of course it can be characterised as whinging...that's why I asked, what do you think FG will be doing?

Sometimes I think there are those here that don't have the first clue about what happens in the Dáil.

Of course it can be characterised as whinging...that's why I asked, what do you think FG will be doing?

Sometimes I think there are those here that don't have the first clue about what happens in the Dáil.

I have more time for the whinging of a party who have actually been in government and know about the hard decisions that have to be made.

I have more time for the whinging of a party who have actually been in government and know about the hard decisions that have to be made.

Sure you do. But you got a 100 years at it...you'd think with all that experience you wouldn't be scrounging around trying to keep a power swap going on just over 42% of the vote from a high of 85%.
    Your politics is cozy and tired.

Opposition is a challenge too, you have to be brave enough to stand and be counted and not be afraid of the entitled and arrogant calling you petty names for doing it.

• Advertisement

Sure you do. But you got a 100 years at it...you think you would be scrounging around trying to keep a power swap going on just over 42% of the vote from a high of 85%.
    Your politics is cozy and tired.

Opposition is a challenge too, you have to be brave enough to stand and be counted and not be afraid of the entitled and arrogant calling you petty names for doing it.

You have to be brave enough to withstand name-calling. Jesus wept :D

You don’t expect much of your lot, do you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement