Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I’d say you never get anything right. Except for bitching and moaning of course.

Attack the post, not the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

FG now doing a bit of intimidating and bullying. Threatening another election.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-anoher-general-election-5022857-Feb2020/?utm_source=twitter_short

*Snap Suckit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Bowie wrote: »
    Sounds more like you're struggling to make a laboured burn on a poster as is the only response FG seem capable of on any issue, since having their arses handed to them.

This is FG for the next 5 years :)

Not sure what that has to do with the other poster's complete inability to back up why they had an issue with airport staff not wearing gloves.

Suppose this is another example of the standard deflection tactic. We're all well used to it by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Not sure what that has to do with the other poster's complete inability to back up why they had an issue with airport staff not wearing gloves.

Suppose this is another example of the standard deflection tactic. We're all well used to it by now.

Seriously, deflecting what? The only deflection going on in these parts is talk about the SF uprising and 'winter is coming' talk rather than any real world issues.
    Its beneath some of you and sad to see.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-anoher-general-election-5022857-Feb2020/?utm_source=twitter_short

Well if true there we have it. Bums on seats trumps 'stability'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Bowie wrote: »
    Seriously, deflecting what? The only deflection going on in these parts is talk about the SF uprising and 'winter is coming' talk rather than any real world issues.
    Its beneath some of you and sad to see.

:confused:

I questioned a poster's moan that Irish passport control aren't wearing gloves and you responded with some rant about FG.

That's a great example of deflection or that you've just lost your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Suckit wrote: »
    Others are believed to have said they “wouldn’t be worse off” by another election, believing that Fine Gael might pick up some seats in another general election.

3qekkv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

FG exist so they can be blamed?.

They will not be in the next government so cant exist in the collective as the bringer of all evil. This has unsettled some individuals as now there is no one to blame.

The party they support may get into powder and be called out on their policies.

There is alwys the option of saying....we would have done it be we were not let by the evil right-wingers and to keep on saying paradise is around the corner if only we could implement our policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

An election is 'intimidating and bullying'? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Others are believed to have said they “wouldn’t be worse off” by another election, believing that Fine Gael might pick up some seats in another general election.
    SF will run more candidates, FF and FG will run less. I don't think it would be cut and dry how that might translate into seats.

"Coalition of the Left" will be more SF but less other left with less SF transfers. But as the left won't go into coalition anyway, as it turns out, it might still put SF in the driving seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Vote management would be crucial. I don't think I'd see Sinn Fein increasing their share of the vote, while FG could conceivably, at the expense of FF.

The day of the election could be important too. You'd wonder if having it at the weekend helped or hindered FF and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Macy0161 wrote: »
    SF will run more candidates, FF and FG will run less. I don't think it would be cut and dry how that might translate into seats.

"Coalition of the Left" will be more SF but less other left with less SF transfers. But as the left won't go into coalition anyway, as it turns out, it might still put SF in the driving seat.

The key point is that if FG turn down a deal with FF and precipitate a general election, FF will make damn sure FG is blamed for (potentially) "handing the country over to the Shinners" through its selfishness and stubbornness and consequently clean up among middle class anti-SF voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The key point is that if FG turn down a deal with FF and precipitate a general election, FF will make damn sure FG is blamed for (potentially) "handing the country over to the Shinners" through its selfishness and stubbornness and consequently clean up among middle class anti-SF voters.
    Perhaps. Or FG may be cementing their base, which would be anti FF and SF!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

FG are back to their core vote. They have nothing to lose with another election. LV knows this. SF could pull more seats from the left. SF and FF are fishing in the same pool. And lets be honest they are very similar anyway. All things to all people etc. Just ask Mary Loo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There are 125 out of 160 seats in the Dail belonging to parties and independents other than Fine Gael, all of whom spent the election campaign criticising and moaning and whinging about the Fine Gael government. If they can't find 81 of themselves to agree on a Taoiseach and a Programme for Government, then that isn't on Fine Gael.

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are 125 out of 160 seats in the Dail belonging to parties and independents other than Fine Gael, all of whom spent the election campaign criticising and moaning and whinging about the Fine Gael government. If they can't find 81 of themselves to agree on a Taoiseach and a Programme for Government, then that isn't on Fine Gael.

Its quite pathetic really. I'd say head back to the electorate.

Who said it was?

Having said they were going into opposition they are now saying that another election is a 'ggod thing' for them potentially. Yet they are still at the table talking.

I am not politically naive, this is clearly 'waving another election around' as a negotiating pressure point.

Who said it was?

Having said they were going into opposition they are now saying that another election is a 'ggod thing' for them potentially. Yet they are still at the table talking.

I am not politically naive, this is clearly 'waving another election around' as a negotiating pressure point.

They will use it to get rotating taoiseach. And if FF don't play ball back we go. Only one loser there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Its quite pathetic really. I'd say head back to the electorate.
    Micheal D would not be inclined to let them at this point. These things take time and involve a lot of to-ing and fro-ing. If parties are prepared to look a common policies something may happen. Too many stubborn red lines and it'll be an election the other side of Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Who said it was?

You did.

You can't intimidate and bully about something if you don't have the power to follow through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Who said it was?

They can go into opposition whilst keeping abreast of what's involved,a heads up on important programmes they wont oppose etc or keep the door open to coalition
    The latter is more likely given so many voters consider Sinn fein too toxic for government

Mortelaro wrote: »
    They can go into opposition whilst keeping abreast of what's involved,a heads up on important programmes they wont oppose etc or keep the door open to coalition
    The latter is more likely given so many voters consider Sinn fein too toxic for government

Isn't it mad that you have to explain to some people that a party are keeping their options open. School must be off this week.

You did.

You can't intimidate and bully about something if you don't have the power to follow through.

If they walk away from FF, given FF's redlines, we have another election.

Isn't it mad that you have to explain to some people that a party are keeping their options open. School must be off this week.

:D:D I have been saying since the election that FG are playing a game, like everyone else.

:D:D I have been saying since the election that FG are playing a game, like everyone else.

But you only seem to be worried about FG's game

But you only seem to be worried about FG's game

The thread title is your clue here.

'Worried'? I would say more 'excited' to see which self destruct button they hit, the short, middle or long term one.

That is the glorious position this election has left the power swap parties in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

They know that,but the oscar winning script is what they must follow

The thread title is your clue here.

'Worried'? I would say more 'excited' to see which self destruct button they hit, the short, middle or long term one.

That is the glorious position this election has left the power swap parties in.

My point exactly. You are obsessed with FG. No self destruct button. FG and SF will be the two major parties going forward. FF I see in right trouble.

My point exactly. You are obsessed with FG. No self destruct button. FG and SF will be the two major parties going forward. FF I see in right trouble.

I'm no more 'obsessed' with FG than I am with FF or SF or the Greens etc.

Are you attempting to shut me out of the debate with this line?

• Advertisement

I'm no more 'obsessed' with FG than I am with FF or SF or the Greens etc.

Are you attempting to shut me out of the debate with this line?

Not attempting to shut you out. You have as much of a right as anyone else to post here. (why are the left so sensitive!).But your bias is obvious. And you really should try and maintain a consistent view across all parties. Might give some sense of credibility to your posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement