Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My post count has nothing to do with anything.

Same guys and gal come on to defend FG, even to the point of denying something was said, when anyone with ears can hear it was said twice. Hilarious stuff about a not very serious incidence of FG cringe. But it has to be defended zealously. :)

If your last post was directed at me, your aim ain't too good. I have no idea what it has to do with me.

You seem to have a vaccuacy about certain posts Francie.

Uhmmm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »

Dublin City Council: For all my Boardsie chums who like to use the LA's to defend government policy...

FF: 11
    FG: 9
    GP: 9
    SF: 8
    PBP: 2.

So not PBP not SF running it, more FG and FF.
    Actually FG haven't ran DCC in a decade
    SF ran it with the greens and labour up until last year when Sinn Fein lost half its seats

Its currently run by FF, greens Labour and the soc dems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Mortelaro wrote: »
    SF ran it with the greens and labour up until last year when Sinn Fein lost half its seats

Ah good lord, don't let the facts get in the way of our three amigos having a good whinge and moan about Fine Gael and blaming them for every kind of 'problem' out there, both real and imagined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Last time I did this FG came out on top and as far as I recall FF/FG ran it during Kenny's time because I've looked into this SF led LA's claim before.
    Any road up the claim was FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartment allocation because the LA was SF and PBP led. This is not the case.
    FG have the most seats in SDCC with FF second. FF have the most seats in DCC with FG second.
    So I'm not sure how you came to "Its currently run by FF, greens Labour and the soc dems".
    Again, SF and PBP are not running the council set up the Donnybrook allocation of apartments. That's even putting aside a FG politician is minister for Housing, planning and local government.
    Ah good lord, don't let the facts get in the way of our three amigos having a good whinge and moan about Fine Gael and blaming them for every kind of 'problem' out there, both real and imagined.
    Ah, but the tinfoil hat brigade know that FG don't actually have to be in power in DCC to be running things! It's all done by a combination of smoke, mirrors, nudges, winks, masonic handshakes and voodoo.

The irony. Look up for yourself Mortelo is incorrect, but don't let the facts something something... :rolleyes:
    Wasn't a whinge. It was claimed SF and PBP ran the council. The record was corrected is all.
    One of you made a false claim, another is making his own and you two are making fools of yourselves by obviously not knowing or looking up the facts.
    Japers lads. Poor show. At least the day shift runaway, you night time lads are slack.
    Leo might cite Casablanca for ye or more apt The Office.

Last time I did this FG came out on top and as far as I recall FF/FG ran it during Kenny's time because I've looked into this SF led LA's claim before.
    Any road up the claim was FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartment allocation because the LA was SF and PBP led. This is not the case.
    FG have the most seats in SDCC with FF second. FF have the most seats in DCC with FG second.
    So I'm not sure how you came to "Its currently run by FF, greens Labour and the soc dems".
    DCC was run by SF ,labour and the greens untill may 2019
    That is fact
    In may 2019 SF lost half their seats
    FF labour greens and Soc Dems are now the governing block on the city council
    That is fact
    Fg were opposition last term and again this- Fact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

DCC was run by SF ,labour and the greens untill may 2019
    That is fact
    In may 2019 SF lost half their seats
    FF labour greens and Soc Dems are now the governing block on the city council
    That is fact
    Fg were opposition last term and again this- Fact

That's a stretch.
    You suggest FF are in a block separate from FG while partners in government in all practicality?

2009:

Lab: 19
    FG: 12
    SF: 7
    FF: 6
    PBP: 2
    GP: 0

2014:

SF: 16
    FF: 9
    FG: 8
    Lab: 8
    PBP: 5
    GP: 3

2019:

GP: 10
    SD: 5

Also the claim was:
    markodaly wrote: »
    I think its a bit of a joke, but this is Dublin City Council who are controlled by FF, Labour, SD's and the Greens.

FG has not had a say in DCC for years now, as the last crowd to control the council were SF and the PBP crowd.

In other words, zero, nada and nothing to do with FG.

We digress. The claim was SF and PBP were responsible for the Donnybrook apartment allocation because they led the council. This is not true. Also it's South-DCC.
    Also don't forget the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities is a Fine Gael chap.

That's a stretch.
    You suggest FF are in a block separate from FG while partners in government in all practicality?

2009:

Lab: 19
    FG: 12
    SF: 7
    FF: 6
    GP: 0

2014:

SF: 16
    FF: 9
    PBP: 5
    GP: 3

2019:

GP: 10
    SD: 5

Also the claim was:

We digress. The claim was SF and PBP were responsible for the Donnybrook apartment allocation because they led the council. This is not true. Also it's South-DCC.
    Also don't forget the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities is a Fine Gael chap.

I didnt make any claim on PBP
    Councils are run by pact
    2014 to 2019,the pact on DCC was between SF,Labour and the greens
    Since may 19,its been FF lab,green and soc dems
    Regarding Donnybrook
    Some of it including its main street is in Dublin City Council yes
    So whoever's said it's in the city council area is actually largely right
    RTE is in the South Dublin council
    The boundary on the old N11 is at the Rugby club northwards as you head onto its main street

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not so. We hear this a lot but FF/FG are very strong on the councils.
    This is South Dublin County Council who look after Donnybrook.

FF: 8
    IND: 7
    SF: 5
    GP: 4
    LAB: 1
    SD: 1
    SOL.: 1
    PBP: 1

Some facts there now. That said, LA's are working under The Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, unless this is one of these times a minister isn't responsible for their job? No worries, the FG strong council are there.

Before you decide the facts make this nothing to do with you:

Dublin City Council: For all my Boardsie chums who like to use the LA's to defend government policy...

South Dublin County Council look after Donnybrook?.??? Tell that to the folks in the rugby club or the RDS.

I know your posts are generally fact-free zones, but that is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Another own goal from that idiot Charlie Flanagan on twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlieFlanagan/status/1270083860907413504

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is South Dublin County Council who look after Donnybrook.

You are actually wrong there as is your sense of Dublin geography.
    Donnybrook is part of DCC not SDCC.
    Do your homework next time if you want to be taken seriously otherwise one may look very very foolish with lots of dripping egg on their face

Like, if you even bothered to read the article itself it would say it in black and white.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/cairn-homes-agrees-30m-deal-to-sell-61-apartments-to-council-on-former-rte-lands-in-donnybrook-39260558.html
    Cairn Homes has agreed in principle a €30.175 million deal to sell 61 apartments to Dublin City Council for social housing from its planned development on former RTE lands at Donnybrook Dublin 4.

Some facts there now. That said, LA's are working under The Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, unless this is one of these times a minister isn't responsible for their job?

DCC do have the authority to make decisions, do they not?
    Before you decide the facts make this nothing to do with you:

How is that egg tasting?

Ah yes, the facts, and you still managed to **** that up.
    The Greens actually have 10 seats not 9.

Council control is as follows.
    FF (11)
    Greens (10)
    Labour (8)
    SD (5)

FG is in opposition with SF on that council. But somehow FG are responsible for this decision, yet SF are not. Please please tell us how that works?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    South Dublin County Council look after Donnybrook?.??? Tell that to the folks in the rugby club or the RDS.

I know your posts are generally fact-free zones, but that is funny.

Poor guy, even when he tries a fact-based post, he manages an own goal of epic proportions.

Here is the DCC LA boundary map from the horse's mouth.
    http://www.dublincity.ie/sites/default/files/content/YourCouncil/LocalAreaServices/Documents/new%20boundaries%20map.pdf

And one to show the difference between SDCC and DCC.
    volunteer-dublin-city-map.jpg

Another classic from Matt!

Em, because these parties came to an agreement to run the council?

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2019/06/26/a-closer-look-at-how-dublin-city-councillors-plan-to-turn-promises-into-progress
    The recently released “Dublin Agreement” sets out a lengthy list of aspirations for the city, but how will it be implemented? And how will it be paid for?

The agreement was drafted by the four parties in Dublin City Council’s new “voting pact” or new “ruling group”: Fianna Fáil (which has the most seats), the Green Party, the Labour Party, and the Social Democrats.

Between them, they hold 34 of the 63 seats in the chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Another own goal from that idiot Charlie Flanagan on twitter.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlieFlanagan/status/1270083860907413504

How is it an own goal? Do Black Lives only matter when they are needlessly killed by the cops in the US?

I would have thought it was really relevant given that it is calling out the hypocrisy of some of those supporting the BLM movement here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How is it an own goal? Do Black Lives only matter when they are needlessly killed by the cops in the US?

I would have thought it was really relevant given that it is calling out the hypocrisy of some of those supporting the BLM movement here.

Several examples of how it's not only inappropriate but yet another example of Charlie (the man partly responsible for FG being handed their holes in Feb because black and take) putting his big foot in his gob.

https://twitter.com/GrainneFerris/status/1270111187968102401?s=19

https://twitter.com/GabeFin/status/1270121048726540290?s=19

Charlie was shamefully trying to imply the fellas who's corpses are being waved about were killed because of their skin.colour, which is obviously BS.

FG could do with jettisoning him, I thought Hogan and Reilly were obnoxious tests, but Charlie is outdoing either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Several examples of how it's not only inappropriate but yet another example of Charlie (the man partly responsible for FG being handed their holes in Feb because black and take) putting his big foot in his gob.

https://twitter.com/GrainneFerris/status/1270111187968102401?s=19

https://twitter.com/GabeFin/status/1270121048726540290?s=19

Charlie was shamefully trying to imply the fellas who's corpses are being waved about were killed because of their skin.colour, which is obviously BS.

FG could do with jettisoning him, I thought Hogan and Reilly were obnoxious tests, but Charlie is outdoing either of them.

The last ones a bit odd isn't it. A racist tweet in its own way.
    Then you have Nelson Mandela shaking hands with the man who said he felt like a N****r after watching a film.

The last ones a bit odd isn't it. A racist tweet in its own way.
    Then you have Nelson Mandela shaking hands with the man who said he felt like a N****r after watching a film.

The context of Adams tweet was clearly understood by anyone not wanting to feign outrage imo.

Charlie Flanagan just cannot help himself. He's a bumbling idiot and they need to keep him on a tighter leash.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,143 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    The context of Adams tweet was clearly understood by anyone not wanting to feign outrage imo.

Charlie Flanagan just cannot help himself. He's a bumbling idiot and they need to keep him on a tighter leash.

If you wanted evidence of how seriously rattled the power swap is, then that is it. Also evidence, that in the minds of some an election is coming.

A partitionist exploiting victims for political purposes, what a surprise.

If you wanted evidence of how seriously rattled the power swap is, then that is it. Also evidence, that in the minds of some an election is coming.

A partitionist exploiting victims for political purposes, what a surprise.
    Tbh,I wouldn't be wheeling out Charlie Flanagan to support that theory
    He's just militant anti SF
    Probably made more virulent because he has access to Garda files

Tbh,I wouldn't be wheeling out Charlie Flanagan to support that theory
    He's just militant anti SF
    Probably made more virulent because he has access to Garda files

There's evidence in Garda files that these men were killed because they were black?

Big claim there Mort.

There's evidence in Garda files that these men were killed because they were black?

Big claim there Mort.

Stop talking sho1te
    You know that's not what I said

• Advertisement

Stop talking sho1te
    You know that's not what I said

You excused his behaviour because he has access to Garda files.

Own what you say Mort.

Do you think he was right to tweet what he did?

You excused his behaviour because he has access to Garda files.

Own what you say Mort.

I know you're not a slow learner but I'll parse what I said for you again anyway for the avoidance of all doubt

I wouldn't wheel out charlie for his SF hysteria because hes very anti SF anyway
    This is probably more virulent because he reads Garda files in his spare time

I know you're not a slow learner but I'll parse what I said for you again anyway for the avoidance of all doubt

I wouldn't wheel out charlie for his SF hysteria because hes very anti SF anyway

The problem for Sinn Fein is that there are a lot of people out there - Arlene Foster being another one - who have personal and family experience of being targetted by terrorists who were supported by Sinn Fein.

On this issue, it would be better if posters kept their quiet rather than being outraged once again by something on Twitter. After all, you wouldn't want to create the impression (which they clearly are doing) that black lives only matter if they are killed by someone other than the IRA.

markodaly wrote: »
    Another classic from Matt!

Em, because these parties came to an agreement to run the council?

https://www.dublininquirer.com/2019/06/26/a-closer-look-at-how-dublin-city-councillors-plan-to-turn-promises-into-progress

And once again there is no rebuttal when his "facts" are shown to be delusions and fantasy.

You wouldn't wheel out Charlie because he reads Garda files?

So parsing what you said - either there is evidence in these 'files' that these men were killed because of their skin colour or else Charlie was telling lies and using a fashionable cause for political gain.

You wouldn't wheel out Charlie because he reads Garda files?
    I wouldn't wheel him out for his beliefs no they're common enough on the island
    So parsing what you said - either there is evidence in these 'files' that these men were killed because of their skin colour or else Charlie was telling lies and using a fashionable cause for political gain.
    I parsed perfectly a 2nd time for you what I said
    You're misrepresenting it a 2nd time
    Probably lazily to fit in with this mornings group crib notes
    I couldn't care less tbh
    Blanch parsed the tweet reasonably imho
    You're feeding that narrative now

I wouldn't wheel him out for his beliefs no they're common enough on the island

I parsed perfectly a 2nd time for you what I said
    You're misrepresenting it a 2nd time
    Probably lazily to fit in with this mornings group crib notes

I couldn't care less tbh
    Blanch parsed the tweet reasonably imho
    You're feeding that narrative now

Blanch channeled Charlie...he didn't 'parse' anything, there's a difference. As disgusting a use of victims as his previous use of 'selected' victims to score political points.

Good to know you are ok with a Minister for Justice reading Garda files and telling lies on the tweet machine.

Once again, rather than call out a blatant political opportunist the FG guys and gals go into a protective huddle.

Blanch channeled Charlie...he didn't 'parse' anything, there's a difference. As disgusting a use of victims as his previous use of 'selected' victims to score political points.

Good to know you are ok with a Minister for Justice reading Garda files and telling lies on the tweet machine.

Once again, rather than call out a blatant political opportunist the FG guys and gals go into a protective huddle.

Keep up the narrative that black lives only matter when they are killed by someone other than the IRA, it is doing well at exposing the reality of Sinn Fein thinking.

Flanagan has provoked a response that is sadly predictable and symptomatic of the narrow hateful mindset of committed repubicanism.

He didnt lie saying the IRA killed blacks too
    That black lives only matter when they're killed by anyone other than the IRA is what Blanch parsed from that,I'd imagine correctly

That he holds that view doesn't matter to me? Correct
    I couldn't care less
    That you're feeding the opposite narrative to what was planned with this mornings group crib notes ? Yes that's unfortunate (for you)

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The problem for Sinn Fein is that there are a lot of people out there - Arlene Foster being another one - who have personal and family experience of being targetted by terrorists who were supported by Sinn Fein.

It's all very one sided with you blanch, as per.

What about all the nationalist/republican people killed by the RUC, and at the hands of loyalists where collusion with the RUC has been proven?
    On this issue, it would be better if posters kept their quiet rather than being outraged once again by something on Twitter. After all, you wouldn't want to create the impression (which they clearly are doing) that black lives only matter if they are killed by someone other than the IRA.

This can be applied to your own lobsided posting history also chief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement