Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Some absolutely pathetic drivel being posted these days. The lemons are the bitterest ever.

:) Where is this 'bitterness'?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Some absolutely pathetic drivel being posted these days. The lemons are the bitterest ever.

Indeed there is blanch, indeed there is.

What about this drivel from Regina?

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1269253790546477057?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Indeed there is blanch, indeed there is.

What about this drivel from Regina?

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1269253790546477057?s=19

Have those 10 Senators who were threatening legal action actually gone and done something rather than mouthing from the ditch?

The drivel is coming from them, as the constitutional position is clear. Only a new Taoiseach can make the nominees. As per usual, you are concentrating on some minor presentational point rather than the substantive issue of there being no government.

Pathetic stuff indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes if you are looking to be insulted. If you are looking for incisive opinion, or different opinions it has no match.

Really?

SF have been asking people NOT to share a video of a teenager getting stabbed in Cork. That SF TD has had many many posts calling him out as a 'traitor against Ireland'. Reap what you sow Francie.

The reds under the bed again.

It is a well established fact that nation states have weaponised social media platforms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/10/17/russian-iranian-twitter-trolls-sent-10-million-tweets-fake-news/
    The data from Twitter showed Russian and Iranian internet trolls sent more than 10 million Tweets in an effort to spread disinformation and discord in the West, including a day-long blitz on the day of the Brexit vote.

Russian “troll factory” the Internet Research Agency and a separate group of Iranian hackers used networks of Twitter accounts to spread divisive information, according to a new database released by the social network.

But if you want to bury your head in the sand, as what you normally do when the truth is a little bit too complicated, intellectual and messy, then fine.

Have those 10 Senators who were threatening legal action actually gone and done something rather than mouthing from the ditch?

The drivel is coming from them, as the constitutional position is clear. Only a new Taoiseach can make the nominees. As per usual, you are concentrating on some minor presentational point rather than the substantive issue of there being no government.

Pathetic stuff indeed.

Nice attempted divert.

I don't think the 'drivel' comment was being directed at the 10 senators...rather at the spin-terrier spinning so hard she got dizzy. :)

• Advertisement

Pathetic stuff indeed.

Regina has said leo isn't the Taoiseach. Yet you're going on about senators. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Regina has said leo isn't the Taoiseach. Yet you're going on about senators. Go figure.

Did she really?

He is the caretaker Taoiseach, he doesn't have governmental power to legislate, so is he really the Taoiseach?

He is continuing in office in a caretaker capacity.

I know it is Sinn Fein policy to hide the fact that they are doing nothing by saying the Taoiseach is still in place, but we are where we are because of the abysmal failure of Mary-Lou to persuade even one party to enter into serious coalition discussions with her.

Did she really?

Yes...twice.

In her efforts to spin him out of blame she said it...twice. To the amusement of everyone in the studio including the presenter.

Regina no doubt is of the opinion...if it's good stuff 'he is the Taoiseach', if it's bad, 'shure he's not the Taoiseach' :)

Don't get so het up blanch, it wasn't serious it was just more cringe inducing funny.

Did she really?

He is the caretaker Taoiseach, he doesn't have governmental power to legislate, so is he really the Taoiseach?

He is continuing in office in a caretaker capacity.

I know it is Sinn Fein policy to hide the fact that they are doing nothing by saying the Taoiseach is still in place, but we are where we are because of the abysmal failure of Mary-Lou to persuade even one party to enter into serious coalition discussions with her.

She did really, and asked to clarify she doubled down on it, and clarified multiple times that Leo wasn't the Taoiseach according to her.

You first tried to put the conversation towards the senators, now it's the shinners.

You're only codding us about being a green I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yes, incisive opinions on Twitter!!!!

Don’t make me laugh.

Then again, when you support a party with anti-vaxxers, 5G conspiracy theorists and probably flat-earthers among its TDs, then Twitter might well be a source of incisive opinion.

That's FG for you.

Citation needed mayhap?
    Bowie wrote: »
    Make lemonade! Fierce bitter sucking those lemons dudes.

People are just quoting Varadkar. Talk to him.

Complain about generalities but duck and dodge your own waffle when called to explain.
    Your link does not say anything about people refusing to work and getting welfare. Another effort at a red herring/rabbit hole to dodge a topic.

Do you want to house them that need it, working or not, sick or old, in state owned properties or in luxury apartments leased for 25 years? These are your options.

Leos speechwriter is not "the government", I'm ripping the piss out of the constant movie quotes, your failure to be able to separate the two things says it all tbh. :D

Leo is like Danny DeVito in Twins. He uses song lyrics to win over because he lacks sincerity.

Varadkar: "I'm never gonna give you up. I'm never...gonna let you down."
    :)

• Advertisement

satguy wrote: »
    Lowry is indeed a full member of FG in all but name,

A 'full' member even though he is not. OK thanks for clearing that up.
    I would imagine he even gets to cast a vote on closed door party votes.

Your posts come across as a little unhinged at times.
    Maybe he also casts votes for SF and FF too, you just never know.

I dont even know what they are giving out about any more.

I swear, FG could be in opposition, and you will still have our resident SF three amigos giving out about how FG didnt sign some bill into law.

markodaly wrote: »
    I dont even know what they are giving out about any more.

I swear, FG could be in opposition, and you will still have our resident SF three amigos giving out about how FG didnt sign some bill into law.

Try using PBP or the SD's instead of SF to derail and dodge for FG, you'll get the same responses. You throw up whataboutery using SF people will dismantle your efforts. Try using another party, same result. It might be comfortable and cosy to think it's pro SF, but it's really calling out the shenanigans of FG. All you have to do is read over the thread. FG get criticised, some chap uses SF for whataboutery and those criticising FG explain why the whataboutery is limp at best.

People are fearful and dying during a pandemic and Varadkar gets his speeches from Netfilx ffs...

but it's really calling out the shenanigans of FG. .

Mark doesn't seem to have the self awareness or forum awareness to see who comes on to defend those shennanigans again and again and again. :)

Mark doesn't seem to have the self awareness or forum awareness to see who comes on to defend those shennanigans again and again and again. :)

You can say what you want Francie, but in this instance your post count is proof enough one who posts and posts and .....

Oh, and I see you avoided my last post directed at you.

You can say what you want Francie, but in this instance your post count is proof enough one who posts and posts and .....

Oh, and I see you avoided my last post directed at you.

My post count has nothing to do with anything.

Same guys and gal come on to defend FG, even to the point of denying something was said, when anyone with ears can hear it was said twice. Hilarious stuff about a not very serious incidence of FG cringe. But it has to be defended zealously. :)

If your last post was directed at me, your aim ain't too good. I have no idea what it has to do with me.

Of course it does, if you are using the argument that my frequency of posting has something to do with anything. You are the grand wizard of posting on anything FG or SF. They are just the facts of the matter.

I have no idea what it has to do with me.

Of course it doesnt :rolleyes:

If the debate gets a bit too factual it never has anything to do with you.

Of course it does, if you are using the argument that my frequency of posting has something to do with anything. You are the grand wizard of posting on anything FG or SF. They are just the facts of the matter.

It isn't your 'frequency' I was talking about. It is the consistency of your appearance when FG have to be defended along with specific other posters.

And I still have no idea what in that post was relevant to me in particular.

It isn't your 'frequency' I was talking about. It is the consistency of your appearance when FG have to be defended along with specific other posters.

And I still have no idea what in that post was relevant to me in particular.

So what exactly by FG am I defending now?
    Please enlighten us all.

So what exactly by FG am I defending now?
    Please enlighten us all.

You are bitching about poster criticising FG on a FG thread.
    If I saw you doing it on threads about other parties then I would say you are defending all parties...but you aren't...here you are, again, scolding about it on a FG thread again.

• Advertisement

You are bitching about poster criticising FG on a FG thread.
    If I saw you doing it on threads about other parties then I would say you are defending all parties...but you aren't...here you are, again, scolding about it on a FG thread again.

You didnt answer my question, but I see you want to use misogynistic language to try and distract us all from that fact.

What exactly am I defending FG from?

You didnt answer my question, but I see you want to use misogynistic language to try and distract us all from that fact.

What exactly am I defending FG from?

Criticism, of the serious and light hearted variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Leo has won new fans and won over a SF voter after his late late show appearance.
    Much criticised by some, but it seems most were happy, even converted by his performance.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5515399/leo-varadkar-glowing-reviews-rte-late-late-show/

Criticism, of the serious and light hearted variety.

So, you cannot point me to any specifics then. None what so ever.
    Just as a I thought.

So, you cannot point me to any specifics then. None what so ever.
    Just as a I thought.

Is defending them 'from serious and lighthearted criticism' not specific enough? :)

Is defending them 'from serious and lighthearted criticism' not specific enough? :)

Take a break Francie and save your energy, I am sure there will be someone along shortly with a Tweet that will merit much talk about what FG are doing trying to destory the country or, the favourite one of all, selling it to DoB.

Take a break Francie and save your energy, I am sure there will be someone along shortly with a Tweet that will merit much talk about what FG are doing trying to destory the country or, the favourite one of all, selling it to DoB.

And guess who'll be here to defend?

Tweets 'bad' when FG get criticised...good when somebody else gets it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Leo has won new fans and won over a SF voter after his late late show appearance.
    Much criticised by some, but it seems most were happy, even converted by his performance.
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/5515399/leo-varadkar-glowing-reviews-rte-late-late-show/

Did they print it on page 3?, The Sun, local wino in the throes of the terrors would be a more accurate source than that rag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Sh1t or get off the pot, if there's no agreement by Friday call an election because the drivel being posted by all sides has reached new levels of pathetic

• Advertisement

I think its a bit of a joke, but this is Dublin City Council who are controlled by FF, Labour, SD's and the Greens.

FG has not had a say in DCC for years now, as the last crowd to control the council were SF and the PBP crowd.

In other words, zero, nada and nothing to do with FG.

Not so. We hear this a lot but FF/FG are very strong on the councils.
    This is South Dublin County Council who look after Donnybrook.

FG: 8
    FF: 8
    IND: 7
    SF: 5
    GP: 4
    LAB: 1
    SD: 1
    SOL.: 1
    PBP: 1

Some facts there now. That said, LA's are working under The Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, unless this is one of these times a minister isn't responsible for their job? No worries, the FG strong council are there.

Before you decide the facts make this nothing to do with you:

Dublin City Council: For all my Boardsie chums who like to use the LA's to defend government policy...

FF: 11
    FG: 9
    GP: 9
    SF: 8
    PBP: 2.

So not PBP not SF running it, more FG and FF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement