Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Think I'll dig a bit to see if other party leaders write their speeches.

What you reckon Francie?

Does MM and MLM write all their speeches?

I'm sure at least one of SF's 200 employees lends a hand.

Might even do it in one of their 50 properties.....

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'm sure at least one of SF's 200 employees lends a hand.

Might even do it in one of their 50 properties.....

:eek:

Nah Mary Lou writes all that "up the rebels" rhetoric all on her own:)

Been from Rathgar and all like:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67,252 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What you reckon Francie?

No idea.

Most prominent politicians employ speechwriters I'd imagine.
    It's finding a speechwriter who doesn't make you sound cringey is the secret of that.

No idea.

Most prominent politicians employ speechwriters I'd imagine.
    It's finding a speechwriter who doesn't make you sound cringey is the secret of that.

Up the rebels.

Tiocfaidh ar lá.

Really Francie!!!!??

• Advertisement

Up the rebels.

Tiocfaidh ar lá.

Really Francie!!!!??

Sinn Fein politician uses Sinn Fein terminology shocker!

Really Jingle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-party-s-catherine-martin-confirms-she-will-stand-against-eamon-ryan-1.4272809

Green Party’s Catherine Martin confirms she will stand against Eamon Ryan

So it looks like FF/FG might need the Regional Independent Group as a backup plan.
    With Catherine Martin at the helm it is likely even less Green members to vote for the Green Party to join a coalitionist.
    Could Eamon Ryan actually win a leadership contest under the current circumstance?

So if the Green Party pull out or refuse to back down on certain issues I guess the questions this week will be what price will the independents demand for their support? Is it a price the FF/FG could afford to pay? And if the Green pull out with only 80 seats between FF/FG/Ind should they even consider forming a government being that it is going be be very hard to keep the independents toeing the line if difficult decision will have to be made regarding taxation and cuts that FG have already indicated will have to happen in the later years of this coalition if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭PommieBast

efanton wrote: »
    And if the Green pull out with only 80 seats between FF/FG/Ind should they even consider forming a government being that it is going be be very hard to keep the independents toeing the line if difficult decision will have to be made regarding taxation and cuts that FG have already indicated will have to happen in the later years of this coalition if it happens.
    Maybe that is the intention. Come 2022 a populist continue the money tree administration would then get elected, and in turn then take the flak for taking the exact decisions they campaigned against

..or am I just thinking like Alan B'stard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,286 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What you reckon Francie?

Mary-Lou’s are all written in Belfast.
    when she goes off script, the boys get her to clarify the next day.

Geoghegan was hired when Leo became Taoiseach, that is old news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

PommieBast wrote: »
    Maybe that is the intention. Come 2022 a populist continue the money tree administration would then get elected, and in turn then take the flak for taking the exact decisions they campaigned against

..or am I just thinking like Alan B'stard :D

Indeed...Govt. have to pay their debts shocker.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @McMurphy, @Brendan Bendar - I just deleted a half page of inane drivel. Next time I'll remove you both from the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

blanch152 wrote: »

That doesn’t he’s he writes everything, although he is supposed to have written the Greek mythological allegory when Johnson was here.
    I like to think Leo might have an interest in popular culture,be it the music of Kylie and LCD or movies like Terminator or LOTR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/green-party-s-catherine-martin-confirms-she-will-stand-against-eamon-ryan-1.4272809

Green Party’s Catherine Martin confirms she will stand against Eamon Ryan

So it looks like FF/FG might need the Regional Independent Group as a backup plan.
    With Catherine Martin at the helm it is likely even less Green members to vote for the Green Party to join a coalitionist.
    Could Eamon Ryan actually win a leadership contest under the current circumstance?

So if the Green Party pull out or refuse to back down on certain issues I guess the questions this week will be what price will the independents demand for their support? Is it a price the FF/FG could afford to pay? And if the Green pull out with only 80 seats between FF/FG/Ind should they even consider forming a government being that it is going be be very hard to keep the independents toeing the line if difficult decision will have to be made regarding taxation and cuts that FG have already indicated will have to happen in the later years of this coalition if it happens.

Just been watching the news there.
    Catherine's challenge won't take place until after negotiations for Govt are concluded.
    I'd assume if there's agreement on a deal then that she would be in agreement with it.
    If that were the case then the leadership challenge would just be to see whether her or Ryan got the highest ministry.
    I doubt it would be one against and one for it, so be dependent on which was the leader of the party as to which way the agreement went.

I think if the greens pull out we will have a second election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Just been watching the news there.
    Catherine's challenge won't take place until after negotiations for Govt are concluded.
    I'd assume if there's agreement on a deal then that she would be in agreement with it.
    If that were the case then the leadership challenge would just be to see whether her or Ryan got the highest ministry.
    I doubt it would be one against and one for it, so be dependent on which was the leader of the party as to which way the agreement went.

I think if the greens pull out we will have a second election.

But its not what Catherine Martin or Eamonn Ryan thinks is it, or what Catherine Martin is currently prepared to say in public either.

If there has to be a poll of FF/FG/Green members before this government can be formed all it take is for 33% of the green party to say no and its all over. Could the Green party have a leadership election before then I very much doubt it? So it could end up the the Green membership vote on a coalition inadvertently becomes biased on a vote to refuse coalition by those who support Catherine Martin and a vote for coalition by those who support Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I wonder if Regina will find herself in hot water after yesterday's thoughts about Leo?

"He's not the Taoiseach" says Regina. Who's not a TD never mind s minister anymore. Any wonder the #notmyTaoiseach keeps appearing on twitter when this is what gets wheeled out lol.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1269253790546477057?s=09

Has me beard scratching. :D

blanch152 wrote: »

Was it 'reported that Leo had a new speechwriter'?

That is what I said...and that is what I backed up when asked.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I wonder if Regina will find herself in hot water after yesterday's thoughts about Leo?

"He's not the Taoiseach" says Regina. Who's not a TD never mind s minister anymore. Any wonder the #notmyTaoiseach keeps appearing on twitter when this is what gets wheeled out lol.

I was listening to that. Another cringe moment as Regina talked herself into a cul de sac.

Regina is away with the fairies in fairness.
    No wonder she didn't get elected.
    Great to see you using her as evidence of stupidity.
    I think that's what your post is about, your hardly using it as evidence that that # is correct are you?

Regina is away with the fairies in fairness.
    No wonder she didn't get elected.
    Great to see you using her as evidence of stupidity.
    I think that's what your post is about, your hardly using it as evidence that that # is correct are you?

There can be no question leo is in fact the Taoiseach, be it by default/caretaker capacity, that doesn't matter he is still there in the role.

I'm using Regina's stupidity as an example as to how they literally will say and do anything if it suits the narrative.

It is because of brainfarts such as this that the #notmytaoiseach is still bobbing around the surface of twitter for give/take 120 days now.

• Advertisement

There can be no question leo is in fact the Taoiseach, be it by default/caretaker capacity, that doesn't matter he is still there in the role.

I'm using Regina's stupidity as an example as to how they literally will say and do anything if it suits the narrative.

It is because of brainfarts such as this that the #notmytaoiseach is still bobbing around the surface of twitter for give/take 120 days now.

Well just shows twitter is full of people like Regina so.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to them.

As the Spin-Terrier of the last government maybe Regina was trying to spin Leo out of any fault for what happens under his caretaking role and got dizzy?

As the Spin-Terrier of the last government maybe Regina was trying to spin Leo out of any fault for what happens under his caretaking role and got dizzy?

That was my take on it, senators not happy and may initiate legal proceedings = you can't blame leo sure he's not the Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

Lowry is FG in every way but official party membership, he's included in everything, Verona will likely have similar privilege, same as Mattie is FF

Lowry is indeed a full member of FG in all but name, I would imagine he even gets to cast a vote on closed door party votes.

It was Lowry that stepped forward and took a red card for the team, when FG where cought red handed giving Dinny some goodies..

He is exactly the kind of person FG like to have around. (one of their own)

You'd get dizzy reading your ****e lads.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I was listening to that. Another cringe moment as Regina talked herself into a cul de sac.

Got a soft spot for Regina, complete chancer and loyal only to herself,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

satguy wrote: »
    Lowry is indeed a full member of FG in all but name, I would imagine he even gets to cast a vote on closed door party votes.

It was Lowry that stepped forward and took a red card for the team, when FG where cought red handed giving Dinny some goodies..

He is exactly the kind of person FG like to have around. (one of their own)

There's a rumour that Lowry, thick Phil, Noodles and Dinny were involved in something very bad, they've looked out for each other since .

But its not what Catherine Martin or Eamonn Ryan thinks is it, or what Catherine Martin is currently prepared to say in public either.

If there has to be a poll of FF/FG/Green members before this government can be formed all it take is for 33% of the green party to say no and its all over. Could the Green party have a leadership election before then I very much doubt it? So it could end up the the Green membership vote on a coalition inadvertently becomes biased on a vote to refuse coalition by those who support Catherine Martin and a vote for coalition by those who support Ryan.

That is one view of it.

On the other hand, Eamon is the leader and Catherine is the lead negotiator on the deal. Both of them will have their fingers all over it.

They may both be telling their supporters that either the deal goes through or they won't be leader. That would mean you would have to oppose both Catherine and Eamon to oppose the deal.

Unlike parties that run with an iron hand, the Greens don't put as much personal value in leadership. The leadership represents the membership and the values, not themselves.

• Advertisement

Some absolutely pathetic drivel being posted these days. The lemons are the bitterest ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement