Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

blanch152 wrote: »
    Keep up the narrative that black lives only matter when they are killed by someone other than the IRA, it is doing well at exposing the reality of Sinn Fein thinking.

Flanagan has provoked a response that is sadly predictable and symptomatic of the narrow hateful mindset of committed repubicanism.

The point is they were soldiers they were not killed because they were black, this has no link to blm, it was stupid for him to.link them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's all very one sided with you blanch, as per.

What about all the people killed by the RUC, and at the hands of loyalists where collusion with the RUC has been proven?

This can be applied to your own lobsided posting history also chief.

Is anyone representing the RUC or those loyalists groups running for election here? NO is the answer.

If they ever do, I will have the same questions and the same distaste for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,140 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    He didnt lie saying the IRA killed blacks too
    That black lives only matter when they're killed by anyone other than the IRA is what Blanch parsed from that,I'd imagine correctly

That he holds that view doesn't matter to me? Correct
    I couldn't care less
    That you're feeding the opposite narrative to what was planned with this mornings group crib notes ? Yes that's unfortunate (for you)

A FGer has been shown to be an opportunist bandwagoning fool again. Of course you 'don't care'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is anyone representing the RUC or those loyalists groups running for election here? NO is the answer.

If they ever do, I will have the same questions and the same distaste for them too.

The IRA are gone, the GFA has been signed and delivered on well over twenty years ago, so it's not a very well laid out argument.

Republican people/Nationalists have accepted that an ex member of the same RUC the head of the Garda.

If foster still has a grudge against SF because of what you claim, then she should not be in the job she's in imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The IRA are gone, the GFA has been signed and delivered on well over twenty years ago, so it's not a very well laid out argument.

Republican people/Nationalists have accepted that an ex member of the same RUC the head of the Garda.

If foster still has a grudge against SF because of what you claim, then she should not be in the job she's in imo.

You can have that opinion, I can have mine that it is not all in the past. So can Arlene and Flanagan and anyone else.

The IRA are not gone, the leadership still exists, the people involved in Sinn Fein are cut from the same cloth, there is a deep nasty underbelly to Sinn Fein, those are all legitimate opinions to hold.

• Advertisement

Partitionist thought process laid bare again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I didnt make any claim on PBP
    Councils are run by pact
    2014 to 2019,the pact on DCC was between SF,Labour and the greens
    Since may 19,its been FF lab,green and soc dems
    Regarding Donnybrook
    Some of it including its main street is in Dublin City Council yes
    So whoever's said it's in the city council area is actually largely right
    RTE is in the South Dublin council
    The boundary on the old N11 is at the Rugby club northwards as you head onto its main street

That's all fine and dandy.
    The point stands. They are not run by SF and PBP. And it's not true that FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartment allocation. Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You can have that opinion, I can have mine that it is not all in the past. So can Arlene and Flanagan and anyone else.

The IRA are not gone, the leadership still exists, the people involved in Sinn Fein are cut from the same cloth, there is a deep nasty underbelly to Sinn Fein, those are all legitimate opinions to hold.

Yeah opinions are like rectums - everyone has one.

Yours always seems to side with that of a partitionist point of view, hence how you always seem to side with the likes of Foster.

When you're ready to move on let me know.

South Dublin County Council look after Donnybrook?.??? Tell that to the folks in the rugby club or the RDS.

I know your posts are generally fact-free zones, but that is funny.

Here's something you never do. I hold my hands up, got the councils mixed up. Point still stands. SF and PBP run neither.
    This is were you ignore this discussion and move on right? Like posting a link to an article on employment levels trying to use it to back up a won't work diversion on housing.

Yeah opinions are like rectums - everyone has one.

Yours always seems to side with that of a partitionist point of view, hence how you always seem to side with the likes of Foster.

When you're ready to move on let me know.

You'll never see 18 children killed by the British Army used as an excuse or explanation for the behaviour of nationalists or SF, in blanch's worldview.

Victims are only to be dug up when they can damage nationalists and SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    . And it's not true that FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartment allocation. Simples.

So go on tell us, how did FG on DCC influence this development, when they were sitting on the same opposition benches as SF.

*grabs popcorn*

SF and PBP run neither.

Yea, just like FG.

This is expected. Once again Fine Gael take a national crisis and see if they can make a few bob off it.
    Just 155 of the 73,000 who answered the Ireland’s call have started work

The Irish Daily Mail previously revealed that the workers were being outsourced to a third party recruitment company – CPL Resources – and employed on temporary three-month contracts with no security of tenure or access to bereavement or sick pay.

‘The evidence is growing that despite all the praise that the Government has heaped on healthcare workers, it hasn’t been matched with real support and protection for healthcare workers who volunteered to put themselves at the frontline during the crisis.'
    ‘Despite all the rhetoric from Government it now seems clear that that they never intended to recruit them despite the clear need for recruitment across our health sector.’

https://extra.ie/2020/06/09/news/irish-news/health-workers-recruitment-drive-nursing-homes

So basically people signed up to assist the HSE frontline and were either passed to a private firm for low/no hours and poor pay with no benefits or left hanging.
    As I said, we'd HSE workers volunteering for private clinics. I think it's clear we were all in this together, but Fine Gael were looking after their own.

markodaly wrote: »
    Yea, just like FG.

You didn't know what you were talking about. That's not a crime. However you don't need to persist in the fraud.
    You said FG had nothing to do with the allocation of those apartments in Donnybrook and FG hadn't a say in years and it had been run by SF and PBP.
    None of that is true.

Now you want me to go on to explain how FG might have had a hand in it? They had a strong representation on the council, as did their chums FF and the Minister for Housing, Planning and local Authorities is FG. Do you want me to find the ratio of Fine Gael Bricklayers as well? :rolleyes:
    Own your error and put the shovel down ffs.
    Now, as part of its obligations under Part V of the Planning and Development Act where it is required to allocate 10% of any new private development to social housing, Cairn Homes has reached a deal with the city council concerning its plans.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0604/1145506-social-housing-agreed-at-proposed-donnybrook-site/

Was it Gino put this caveat in? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

You may go to the Gardai with this information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That's all fine and dandy.
    The point stands. They are not run by SF and PBP. And it's not true that FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartment allocation. Simples.

SF were the largest party in a pact that ran DCC from 2014 to 2019
    Think this is the 3rd or 4th time you've not acknowledged that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

being the largest party in a pact does not equate to being in control.

If every SF councillor, no matter the year you chose, voted in one particular way they could never have controlled what the council did. In fact they never at any point even had 25% of the council seats.

Would you say FF are in complete control of the proposed new coalition?
    I am sure you would say NO, and you would be right, it would be a ludicrous assertion to make despite FF actually having much greater than 25% of the combined vote.

You didn't know what you were talking about.

Hey, I'm not the person who thought Donnybrook is based in South Dublin County and wrote a long post about this 'fact'!
    :pac:

Now you want me to go on to explain how FG might have had a hand in it? They had a strong representation on the council

As do SF, who also sits on the opposition benches, with FG.

Do you even know how Local Authority Council works? Clearly from your posts, you have no idea at all. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the inner workings of Councils. I posted a link to one earlier, best at least read it in case one thinks you are a populist philistine.

When you are then read up on the subject you can then tell me exactly how FG had some decision making input to those apartments.

Its an astonishing level of Info Wars/Alex Jones type of Pizzagate delusion we have going on here.

I literally posted a linked and quoted the relevant piece where it clearly stated what parties are in a pact to run Dublin City Council from the last election in 2019.

Yet, instead of acknowledging this fact, we have more ad hominem and fake news and facts being thrown about. I'm only surprised DoB names has not been thrown out. He is the George Soros of Irish populists it seems.

This from a poster who engaged (in at best unconscious homophobia) because he thought it would be great craic to use Leo's partners name as a handle....

Some of them are still alive. Would you wish them dead?

Bertie Ahern is still alive, no doubt still has an interests in politics and no doubt his opinion still sought despite having to leave politics in disgrace.
    Although he has a interest in politics and might be referred to on occasion it would be totally ludicrous assertion to say he has any serious influence.
    Surely the same argument applies to ex-members of the IRA.

• Advertisement

efanton wrote: »

Interesting u-turn.
    Would you say the same about FG in the Dail over the last 9 years?

I acknowledge that SF didn't have a majority in DCC from 2014-2019 but they were the largest party and had a pact with other left-leaning parties, who together ran the council.

These are just plain old facts.

I literally listed the seat numbers for each party.
    Marko said FG had nothing to do with the Donnybrook apartments and no say in DCC as it was run by SF and PBP.
    That's not the case. I've no interest in any other off road you care to cruise down.

Interesting u-turn.
    Would you say the same about FG in the Dail over the last 9 years?

I acknowledge that SF didn't have a majority in DCC from 2014-2019 but they were the largest party and had a pact with other left-leaning parties, who together ran the council.

These are just plain old facts.

THere you go again misquoting and twisting what people say.

I clearly stated that SF had less than 25% of the vote, and therefore it is impossible to assert they had control.

did FG have less than 25% of the votes at the cabinet table?
    Would it not be fairer to say FG had the Majority of the seats at the cabinet table and therefore had complete control of government decisions.

And where is the U-turn. I have not stated anything to the contrary.

I notice you when proven wrong always go silent. I await you reply how any party can control policies and decisions with less than 25% of the vote in any situation

Hey, I'm not the person who thought Donnybrook is based in South Dublin County and wrote a long post about this 'fact'!
    :pac:

Didn't change your being wrong. Buy enjoy your wallypop ;)

As do SF, who also sits on the opposition benches, with FG.

Do you even know how Local Authority Council works? Clearly from your posts, you have no idea at all. Perhaps you should educate yourself on the inner workings of Councils. I posted a link to one earlier, best at least read it in case one thinks you are a populist philistine.

When you are then read up on the subject you can then tell me exactly how FG had some decision making input to those apartments.
    They had a strong representation on the council, as did their chums FF and the Minister for Housing, Planning and local Authorities is FG.

You said SF and PBP ran the council. You said FG had nothing to do with the allocation in Donnybrook and had no say. This is all false. It's government policy that a portion be allocated as social housing. Who was that PBP?

You said SF and PBP ran the council. You said FG had nothing to do with the allocation in Donnybrook and had no say. This is all false.

a) Yes, this is true. SF was part of a pact that ran DCC from 2014-2019. Do you deny this?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sf-m%C3%ADche%C3%A1l-mac-donncha-elected-new-dublin-lord-mayor-1.3134788
    The voting pact between Sinn Féin, Labour, the Green Party and several Independent councillors has been in place for the Dublin Lord Mayor elections since 2014, and has seen the parties choose a lord mayor from the voting bloc on a rotational basis.

b) tell us exactly what FG did for the allocation of those social housing units.
    You keep saying they did something, but never tell us what this something is.

I clearly stated that SF had less than 25% of the vote, and therefore it is impossible to assert they had control.

did FG have less than 25% of the votes at the cabinet table?

Ah, so you are choosing some arbitrary figure plucked from thin air, benchmark.
    Right so.

FG was in government with Labour, and then was part of a minority government.
    To say FG had 'control' while omitting the fact that Labour and FF also had some control is very Trumpian fake news.
    Would it not be fairer to say FG had the Majority of the seats at the cabinet table and therefore had complete control of government decisions.

Bingo. There you go. Showing yourself up tbh.

Tell me. How does a party who goes into coalition with another party or a party that forms a minority government have 'complete control'? Are they not subject to the agreement in the respective programmes for the government? Do you think the FG could do what they wanted?

a) Yes, this is true. SF was part of a pact that ran DCC from 2014-2019. Do you deny this?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sf-m%C3%ADche%C3%A1l-mac-donncha-elected-new-dublin-lord-mayor-1.3134788

b) tell us exactly what FG did for the allocation of those social housing units.
    You keep saying they did something, but never tell us what this something is.

Show me SF and PBP ran the council. Show me FG had no say, neither their many councillors nor their Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities, nor the FG government that implements Part V of the Planning and Development Act where it is required to allocate 10% of any new private development to social housing?

May I borrow your popcorn?

Show me SF and PBP ran the council.

I literally posted a link that showed you that SF was part of a pact that ran the council from 2014-19. Can you not read?

Show me FG had no say,

Oh christ, we are through the rabbit hole ladies and gentlemen. I now need to prove a negative.

Show me that you do not have farries in your garden.

Well done, I think you deserve this.

burdenofproof.jpg

Ah, so you are choosing some arbitrary figure plucked from thin air, benchmark.
    Right so.

FG was in government with Labour, and then was part of a minority government.
    To say FG had 'control' while omitting the fact that Labour and FF also had some control is very Trumpian fake news.

Bingo. There you go. Showing yourself up tbh.

Tell me. How does a party who goes into coalition with another party or a party that forms a minority government have 'complete control'? Are they not subject to the agreement in the respective programmes for the government? Do you think the FG could do what they wanted?

So as you say bingo.

you agree that SF did not have control of DCC.

• Advertisement

So as you say bingo.

you agree that SF did not have control of DCC.

Along with other parties.

I never said SF had sole majority control over DCC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement