Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

markodaly wrote: »
    In some ways, I do not mind SF doing these rallies.
    Its the return of street politics which will not curry favor with voters.
    I guess SF has to appear to be doing 'something' instead of actually trying to govern.

Let them make a tit out of themselves.

They’ll do absolutely everything...except what they need to do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Suckit wrote: »
    Why would O'Broin have answers for Eoghan Murphys incompetence? :confused::confused:

How is Murphy incompetent when we are building to the capacity that we have?

Are you aware of any unemployed builders?

If anyone is incompetent is it not the SF councillors who are as vocal an anyone else about nimby objections to building.

Seems that of you're not delivering hundreds of thousands of houses using monopoly money that you are deemed incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

blanch152 wrote: »
    There is a difference between private meetings of party members as in the Maria Bailey case and public rallies designed to apply pressure and intimidation to other elected politicians.

That doesn't prevent you trying to conflate the two in a typical example of spin and misinformation.
    Initimidation?
    REally now blanch152.
    Can you explain how a public rally is 'intimidation'?

Now maybe if they were standing out front Micheál Martin's house doing it, sure that would be intimidating.
    But just having a rally is not intimidation.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Initimidation?
    REally now blanch152.

Now maybe if they were standing out front Micheál Martin's house doing it, sure that would be intimidating.

What’s the point of the public rally?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,284 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Initimidation?
    REally now blanch152.

Varadkar is leading from the front on this. It is 'bullying and intimidation' to take your electorate along with you and to take the mood, apparently. Everyone is on message with him it seems but cannot explain how it is 'bullying and intimidation' of a party that wants and is happy to go into opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They’ll do absolutely everything...except what they need to do :D

Pretty sure that's FG's mantra. Or has been the last 9 years.

How is Murphy incompetent when we are building to the capacity that we have?

Are you aware of any unemployed builders?

If anyone is incompetent is it not the SF councillors who are as vocal an anyone else about nimby objections to building.

Seems that of you're not delivering hundreds of thousands of houses using monopoly money that you are deemed incompetent.
    Unemployed builders are nothing to do with him.... Completely different area. (Although the developers should be looked at too - Especially the ones that still owe nama billions over a decade later).

He was/is minister for housing. Under him homelessness grew to over 10,500. He only survived a motion of no confidence because of the C&S agreement.

What’s the point of the public rally?
    To keep the momentum going i suspect.
    Keep the message for Change in the news.

Your lot are the ones making the accusation of intimidation, where's your proof?

Pretty sure that's FG's mantra. Or has been the last 9 years.

He was/is minister for housing. Under him homelessness grew to over 10,500. He only survived a motion of no confidence because of the C&S agreement.

It’s been SF’s MO for their entire existence. Both sides of the border.

To keep the momentum going i suspect.
    Keep the message for Change in the news.

So they want another election?

So they want another election?
    No, not at this stage.
    They want to be part of the next government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Varadkar is a nasty brat and needs to go. I think SF need go out to the public because I only heard about these intended rallies through an RTE article on Varadkar's reaction. It seems to be #notanormalparty. Coming from FG that's a compliment.
    The SD's want nothing to do with FF/FG. Good on them.

Bowie wrote: »
    Varadkar is a nasty brat and needs to go. I think SF need go out to the public because I only heard about these intended rallies through an RTE article on Varadkar's reaction. It seems to be #notanormalparty. Coming from FG that's a compliment.

Forget about him being nasty, he's no good as a leader. He should have been well gone by the time the election results were finished being counted.
    He's likely one of the main reasons SF got so many votes, if not the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I keep hearing that Sinn Fein won the election, yet I keep reading all this bitterness about Fine Gael and Varadkar in particular from their cheerleaders. It is very strange.

Varadkar is playing a clever game, he keeps saying it is up to those who claim they won the election to form a government. When that fails through the inability of Sinn Fein to behave as a normal political party, he will step back on to the playing field in the national interest.

I keep hearing that Sinn Fein won the election, yet I keep reading all this bitterness about Fine Gael and Varadkar in particular from their cheerleaders. It is very strange.
    Varadkar keeps saying FG were defeated. When somebody is 'defeated' that means that somebody else 'won'. So maybe ask Leo about that.
    Varadkar is playing a clever game, he keeps saying it is up to those who claim they won the election to form a government. When that fails through the inability of Sinn Fein to behave as a normal political party, he will step back on to the playing field in the national interest.

In his first actual election Varadkar played that clever a game he delivered 20% (approx) for FG.

He has already 'stepped back onto the playing field'. If he and you think the charade of 'going into opposition' was anything but transparent nonsense, then he is a bigger fool than I thought. And after his campaign performance, that is saying something.

Who won the election then blanch152?
    SF got most 1st preference votes, they tied for the most TD's elected and Mary Lou got most votes to be the next Taoiseach.
    That does rather sound like winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

SF got most 1st preference votes, they tied for the most TD's elected and Mary Lou got most votes to be the next Taoiseach.

Nobody won. To “win” an election as one party these days you need 87 Seats. SF have 37. So pretty damn far away from winning indeed especially given MLM miserable efforts to form a government with like minded others. So off she goes in her little soapbox and sticks herself in front of a megaphone. Doing her usual ranting and raving

road_high wrote: »
    Nobody won. To “win” an election as one party these days you need 87 Seats. SF have 37. So pretty damn far away from winning indeed especially given MLM miserable efforts to form a government with like minded others. So off she goes in her little soapbox and sticks herself in front of a megaphone. Doing her usual ranting and raving

You might want to give the paper of record The Irish Times a ring, because the notion of 'victory' is recorded there for posterity. And get Leo to stop talking about 'defeat'.
    Spectacular Sinn Féin victory reshapes Ireland's political landscape

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/spectacular-sinn-f%C3%A9in-victory-reshapes-ireland-s-political-landscape-1.4167632

No, they just didn't win enough seats to form a government without a coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

No, they just didn't win enough seats to form a government without a coalition.

Nor did FF who actually have more seats than SF. Again SF "won" zip because MLM and co are incapable of forming a governement or indeed, governing. Instead she off back where she belongs- behind her megaphone playing the eternal victim.

Nobody won the election, and the only ones who claimed they did were Sinn Fein.

If someone had won the election, we would have elected a Taoiseach last Thursday.

Simple as.

• Advertisement

I think there is gonna be tears and pulling of hair soon. :D:D

'You didn't win, I did, I'm telling mammy!'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    In some ways, I do not mind SF doing these rallies.
    Its the return of street politics which will not curry favor with voters.
    I guess SF has to appear to be doing 'something' instead of actually trying to govern.

Let them make a tit out of themselves.

https://twitter.com/garvangrant/status/1231943963772366848?s=19

:D Genius. :rolleyes:
    Varadkar has already played his 'clever' game and look where that got him. SF gained a massive surge in popularity.
    We already know Varadkars 'clever' game..
    Hide on the sidelines, check which way the wind is blowing and then come out. Sound familiar? It should, he has done it before.

This time, he keeps saying 'the onus is on them to form a government', yet when they look like they are actually doing anything about forming a government he starts screaming about bullying and intimidation.

I think there is gonna be tears and pulling of hair soon. :D:D

'You didn't win, I did, I'm telling mammy!'

We have it already from Mary-Lou, she is off to her rallies to cry to Mammy public about the big boys ignoring her.

Varadkar has already played his 'clever' game and look where that got him. SF gained a massive surge in popularity.
    Hide on the sidelines, check which way the wind is blowing and then come out. Sound familiar? It should, he has done it before.

This time, he keeps saying 'the onus is on them to form a government', yet when they look like they are actually doing anything about forming a government he starts screaming about bullying and intimidation.

Nonsense.

You don't form a government by crying and wailing to the public about how you are being ignored. What you do is you actually sit down and make offers to others about forming a government, which is what Sinn Fein have failed to do.

My understanding coming back from the other smaller parties is that Sinn Fein have had nothing of substance to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

In a FPTP scenario it would but at 25% of the vote it isn't and the numbers are not there for their preferred option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not sure how rallies around the country are helping in "forming a government". The rallies were the context for that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Nonsense.

You don't form a government by crying and wailing to the public about how you are being ignored. What you do is you actually sit down and make offers to others about forming a government, which is what Sinn Fein have failed to do.

My understanding coming back from the other smaller parties is that Sinn Fein have had nothing of substance to say.

I'd understand rallies if SF had cobbled together their alphabet soup left alliance and were just short a handful of seats but they haven't come close to coming to an agreement with them.

It is probably smart politics for them to act the victim to distract from their failures. I think their opponents are missing a step, just like in the election, by going the easy route by going the sinister route rather than dismissing them for the pure political stunt they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Varadkar is gone.

Welcome to 3 weeks ago.

He got booted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Nor did FF who actually have more seats than SF. Again SF "won" zip because MLM and co are incapable of forming a governement or indeed, governing. Instead she off back where she belongs- behind her megaphone playing the eternal victim.

How does 37 seats each translate to FF having more seats?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement