Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

is_that_so wrote: »
    In a FPTP scenario it would but at 25% of the vote it isn't and the numbers are not there for their preferred option.

Actually, in a FPTP system (imagining the electorate would have cast their vote in such a system in the same way as the did on February 8th), the final seat count would have been

Sinn Fein 39
    Fianna Fail 48
    Fine Gael 33
    Green Party 9
    Labour 6
    Social Democrats 4
    People Before Profit 3
    Aontú 1
    Independents 17

Just as a matter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nonsense.

You don't form a government by crying and wailing to the public about how you are being ignored. What you do is you actually sit down and make offers to others about forming a government, which is what Sinn Fein have failed to do.

My understanding coming back from the other smaller parties is that Sinn Fein have had nothing of substance to say.
    The only one crying and wailing to the public is Varadkar with his "bullying and indimidation" nonsense.

FG repeatedly saying that the onus is on SF to form a government, which is utter horseh*t, but saying it anyway and then disqualifying themselves from forming a part of that government, along with FF, gives SF no other option but attempt it in other ways, and then have Leo crying that they're not a normal party.

Leo attempting his tried and tested tactics again this time isn't likely to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,272 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    The only one crying and wailing to the public is Varadkar with his "bullying and indimidation" nonsense.

FG repeatedly saying that the onus is on SF to form a government, which is utter horseh*t, but saying it anyway and then disqualifying themselves from forming a part of that government, along with FF, gives SF no other option but attempt it in other ways, and then have Leo crying that they're not a normal party.

Leo attempting his tried and tested tactics again this time isn't likely to work.

FG only said that after Mary-Lou announced that she had won.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Tea Shock wrote: »
    Actually, in a FPTP system (imagining the electorate would have cast their vote in such a system in the same way as the did on February 8th), the final seat count would have been

Sinn Fein 39
    Fianna Fail 48
    Fine Gael 33
    Green Party 9
    Labour 6
    Social Democrats 4
    People Before Profit 3
    Aontú 1
    Independents 17

Just as a matter of interest

That's one reason FF tried to change to it! I don't think it would be that clear as both FF & FG used 2nd and 3rd candidates to get one home. FPTP would kill that off just as it would wipe out most of the smaller parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The whole Fine Gael attitude has been disgraceful. I don't think it's lost on the public.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    The whole Fine Gael attitude has been disgraceful. I don't think it's lost on the public.

I don't think that Mary-Lou whining about the big boys not wanting to play with her looks very adult-like behaviour.

FG only said that after Mary-Lou announced that she had won.
    They haven't stopped saying it.

If someone claims they won the election and were going to form a government, why wouldn't they expect someone else to let them at it?

They would if she or SF would stop complaining abut it.

I don't think that Mary-Lou whining about the big boys not wanting to play with her looks very adult-like behaviour.
    What big boys?

The FG clean up crew that got less votes than SF?

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    They would if she or SF would stop complaining abut it.
    :rolleyes:

Do you think what ML does cancels out what LV does or vice versa? It doesn't.

FG are being nasty and trying to place blame for their failures on the electorate. It's not a winning strategy.

If someone claims they won the election and were going to form a government, why wouldn't they expect someone else to let them at it?
    It was you who said they only said it after. Think you are going in circles here when you have nothing to say.

Bowie wrote: »
    Do you think what ML does cancels out what LV does or vice versa? It doesn't.

FG are being nasty and trying to place blame for their failures on the electorate. It's not a winning strategy.
    It's Leo doing that shooting from the hip but no evidence that he blames the electorate. That must be in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

road_high wrote: »
    Nor did FF who actually have more seats than SF. Again SF "won" zip because MLM and co are incapable of forming a governement or indeed, governing. Instead she off back where she belongs- behind her megaphone playing the eternal victim.

She does love a good rally though. A chance for the fish wife to really go for it. Mary Loo Trump has a ring to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Time for another election.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Real example of misinformation.

There is a difference between private meetings of party members as in the Maria Bailey case and public rallies designed to apply pressure and intimidation to other elected politicians.

That doesn't prevent you trying to conflate the two in a typical example of spin and misinformation.

That's the greens presumably losing your vote now too Blanch.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1231993923880529927?s=19

:pac:

Real example of misinformation.

There is a difference between private meetings of party members as in the Maria Bailey case and public rallies designed to apply pressure and intimidation to other elected politicians.

That doesn't prevent you trying to conflate the two in a typical example of spin and misinformation.

Do you honestly believe a political party rally is designed to intimidate anyone? How would that work, have it in their garden?

I think it's low quality for either yourself or Varadkar to suggest such a thing. It's silly quite frankly.
    Look at this here, this is what the FG PR machine has sunk to:
    She does love a good rally though. A chance for the fish wife to really go for it. Mary Loo Trump has a ring to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Time for another election.

Sinn Fein would sh1t themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Sinn Fein would sh1t themselves

In fairness many in FF and FG who barely got a seat would also be touching cloth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

In fairness many in FF and FG who barely got a seat would also be touching cloth.

I don't think 15 count Simon Harris would be willing to go into captivity for another campaign (they haven't even let Eoghan Murphy out yet :)) nor would Paschal Donohue be relishing the thought of another nailbiting count.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I don't think 15 count Simon Harris would be willing to go into captivity for another campaign (they haven't even let Eoghan Murphy out yet :)) nor would Paschal Donohue be relishing the thought of another nailbiting count.

Varadkar and Harris would need to be sedated for more counts. I’d say both have ptsd at the sight of election boxes now. Better for them to live out their days tweeting away now.seems like all their proactive about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

That's a very childish post
    Also get your facts straight
    Fine Gael ran three candidates in Wicklow and gained more first preferences than Sinn Fein

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Fine Gael ran three candidates in Wicklow and gained more first preferences than Sinn Fein

(This'll be good.)

How/Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Hmmm who knows they could be in govt by the end of the month with ff.

You think the fickle wayward children of Wicklow will come back and Simon will romp home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You think the fickle wayward children of Wicklow will come back and Simon will romp home?

Rather than ignore the point,which party polled highest in Simon's constituency again and what do you think that does to your silly 15th count comment
    I'll tell you what
    Makes it even more naive

Rather than ignore the point,which party polled highest in Simon's constituency again and what do you think that does to your silly 15th count comment
    I'll tell you what
    Makes it even more naive

I expect FG's vote to fall even further in another election.

I expect they do too if they are considering a mergercoalition with FF. Anathema to both of them until...well until SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I expect FG's vote to fall even further in another election.

I expect they do too if they are considering a mergercoalition with FF. Anathema to both of them until...well until SF.

Dunno - I haven't voted FF ever and a No1 for FG just once, 30 years ago.

But I would strongly consider a No1 if that direction if there was another election soon. No fan of them but if the alternative is SF, not much choice.

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Dunno - I haven't voted FF ever and a No1 for FG just once, 30 years ago.

But I would strongly consider a No1 if that direction if there was another election soon. No fan of them but if the alternative is SF, not much choice.

That's the point - unless FFG merge one of them is most likely facing a wipeout, there's simply not enough between them policy wise for them both to exist separately in their current forms.

They'll keep splitting the votes for people who aren't voting SF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement