Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Are you for real?

There is a thread named:

Are FG gonna sit by and do noting for 5 years!!

Started and lauded by SF supporters!!!

I'm for real alright, here is the OP.
    satguy wrote: »
    It seems FG will be very happy to just sit on their hands for 5 years. Would FG voters be happy with this, as it means all those FG votes mean nothing, and do nothing.

Having been in power for 9 years, they did nothing, people have no homes, people still on trollies.

FG may have given some of their rich buddies some tax breaks.

But other than that, they did what FG do best, are their poor hands not numb by now.

Now, getting back to this.
    Are SF supporters still outraged FG won't form a after years of trying to get them out of government!

Couldn't make it up I swear!!

Now, assuming the op is an "SF supporter" (no clue if he or she is or not) it doesn't read to my mind, like it contains what you think it contains.

I see no outrage tbh - in fact I think I might just detect a hint of sarcasm in it. Flew over your head by the looks of things (but in fairness you managed to get the thread title wrong despite it being at the top of every page in the thread, so I shouldn't be surprised I suppose)

Now, any actual evidence of SF supporters outraged that FG aren't going back into govt?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

McMurphy wrote: »
    It appears you actually could, and just did.

I hear a lot of people insinuating this, but can you link me to an example of Sinn Fein, complaining that FG won't go back into govt?

Just because you keep repeating something over and over and over again, doesn't make it true.
    that poster is always saying things on boards with no actual basis and I'd bet a 1000 euro you dont get one example in response

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

blanch152 wrote: »
    The only tantrums I see are from one party threatening to hold rallies to undermine our democracy.
    how the fcuk does a public rally undermine democracy and then you defend the MI5 agent who actually did undermine our democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    how the fcuk does a public rally undermine democracy and then you defend the MI5 agent who actually did undermine our democracy.

FFG see meeting the electorate as something that should be avoided. Poor Varakar looked like he was gonna break out in a rash at times when he had to interact with the great unwashed during the election canvassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It appears you actually could, and just did.

I hear a lot of people insinuating this, but can you link me to an example of Sinn Fein, complaining that FG won't go back into govt?

Just because you keep repeating something over and over and over again, doesn't make it true.

I asked the same question to the same poster on another thread. Haven't seen or heard one example of it.

But that isn't surprising really. The same people that are backing this lot, would love to have people believe it.
    lHPoDw1.jpg?1

To put that into context, their 'competition' - FF, who had brought the country to it's knees, and SF with all of the links to a sordid past and connections with the IRA, all FG had to do really, was turn up.

Fianna Fail, less than 10 years ago were undoubtedly the most hated party in the country, nobody could every imagine voting for them again. The Greens weren't liked much either.
    SF, were never really a party that anyone could vote for, not a majority anyway. They have after all (as is pointed out a billion times a day) lay in bed with the IRA, they probably killed Shergar using the sawn off legs of the victims that Mary Lou shot in her bathroom, nobody could every vote for them.
    So FG (and Labour) it is.
    9 years later, they have done nothing.
    Not only that, but four of the people in that photo above been the main reason that FG had their worst election results since 1948 - their 2nd worst ever in their existence, but they did it on the back of the country feeling the way they did about the other parties.
    As a result the Greens found themselves having a great election.
    Sinn Fein - The party that killed a million people and painted the streets with their guts, received an overwhelming show of support in almost every constituency that they ran in.
    Fianna Fail equaled them in seats.
    Labour are all but finished.
    Fine Gael pottered about stuttering and pointing at everyone else trying to figure out which of the other parties were to blame.
    All they have been capable of saying (even with similar seats and responsibilities) is 'the onus is on them' before crawling back into their hole.
    I personally can't understand why any FG voters would want them back in, with the damage that they have done to the party, let alone anyone affiliated to or that would vote for, SF.
    So - Nope, It is highly unlikely the "SF supporters still outraged FG won't form a government".
    It has to have been blind politics/voting that got Harris and Murphy back in, even Varadkar and Madigan got back in, although they didn't have an easy ride in the election either, yet they and the posters here seem to keep pointing out that a shoe could have run as an SF candidate and would have got in. All the while not looking at themselves as a, or the possible reason for that, nor at their voters being guilty of the same thing.
    They truly are an odious bunch.
    Personally, I think they are about to do a lot more damage, unfortunately it will be us, the 'plebs' that feel the brunt of it, and their own party will also undoubtedly rightly suffer. And if/when Varadkar & co are finally handed their notice, they'll walk into some other job, most likely in return for some of the many favours they have done while ignoring the important things that needed fixing.

'But SF are linked with the IRA', 'The guy sang the RA song', 'Mary Lou is fat', 'MLMcD has a voice like a foghorn'
    Luckily they are here to make sure everyone is aware of the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Suckit wrote: »
    I asked the same question to the same poster on another thread. Haven't seen or heard one example of it.

But that isn't surprising really. The same people that are backing this lot, would love to have people believe it.
    lHPoDw1.jpg?1

To put that into context, their 'competition' - FF, who had brought the country to it's knees, and SF with all of the links to a sordid past and connections with the IRA, all FG had to do really, was turn up.

Fianna Fail, less than 10 years ago were undoubtedly the most hated party in the country, nobody could every imagine voting for them again. The Greens weren't liked much either.
    SF, were never really a party that anyone could vote for, not a majority anyway. They have after all (as is pointed out a billion times a day) lay in bed with the IRA, they probably killed Shergar using the sawn off legs of the victims that Mary Lou shot in her bathroom, nobody could every vote for them.
    So FG it is.
    9 years later, they have done nothing.
    Not only that, but four of the people in that photo above been the main reason that FG had their worst election results since 1948 - their 2nd worst ever in their existence, but they did it on the back of the country feeling the way they did about the other parties.
    As a result the Greens found themselves having a great election.
    Sinn Fein - The party that killed a million people and painted the streets with their guts, received an overwhelming show of support in almost every constituency that they ran in.
    Fianna Fail equaled them in seats.
    Fine Gael pottered about stuttering and pointing at everyone else trying to figure out which of the other parties were to blame.
    All they have been capable of saying (even with similar seats and responsibilities) is 'the onus is on them' before crawling back into their hole.
    I personally can't understand why any FG voters would want them back in, with the damage that they have done to the party, let alone anyone affiliated to or that would vote for, SF.
    So - Nope, It is highly unlikely the "SF supporters still outraged FG won't form a government".
    It has to have been blind politics/voting that got Harris and Murphy back in, even Varadkar and Madigan got back in, although they didn't have an easy ride in the election either, yet they and the posters here seem to keep pointing out that a shoe could have run as an SF candidate and would have got in. All the while not looking at themselves as a, or the possible reason for that, nor at their voters being guilty of the same thing.
    They truly are an odious bunch.
    Personally, I think they are about to do a lot more damage, unfortunately it will be us, the 'plebs' that feel the brunt of it, and their own party will also undoubtedly rightly suffer. And if/when Varadkar & co are finally handed their notice, they'll walk into some other job, most likely in return for some of the many favours they have done while ignoring the important things that needed fixing.

'But SF are linked with the IRA', 'The guy sang the RA song', 'Mary Lou is fat', 'MLMcD has a voice like a foghorn'
    Luckily they are here to make sure everyone is aware of the facts.

To be fair, she’s feckin massive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Eoghan Murphy is still in the country? College students protesting in light of the rent raises and he hasn't met reps.

Why dont O'Broin meet them? Sure he has all the answers as the future minister of housing.
    SF want to abolish fees right, so where will Universities make up the difference.?
    Answers on a postcard

Also, its quite funny that two weeks after the election, that we have people still giving out about FG ministers today when they effectively have no power or no say.

markodaly wrote: »
    Why dont O'Broin meet them? Sure he has all the answers as the future minister of housing.
    SF want to abolish fees right, so where will Universities make up the difference.?
    Answers on a postcard

Also, its quite funny that two weeks after the election, that we have people still giving out about FG ministers today when they effectively have no power or no say.

O’Brion is too busy forming the next government...oh wait...

Answers on a postcard

He is meeting them

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/sinn-feins-eoin-o-broin-21515706

O’Brion is too busy forming the next government...oh wait...

He is meeting them.now what's Murphy's excuse?

• Advertisement

Lovely, as future housing minister I am sure he has all the answers.

No fees, cheap accommodation, no property tax and so on..

Lovely, as future housing minister I am sure he has all the answers.
    No fees, cheap accommodation, no property tax and so on..
    To be fair, it would be hard to be worse than the last clown.

Didn't Murphy state less than three months ago that he wants to remain as housing minister?
    He goes into hiding every chance he gets.

He is meeting them.now what's Murphy's excuse?

What’s he meeting them for?

Photo op more like it.

you are wondering why a politician is meeting with people about rent rising?

you are wondering why a politician is meeting with people about rent rising?

Yes

Yes
    If you need something like that explained in the current environment, then nit pick away, but don't expect any answers.

I can't imagine that anyone would be really bothered to answer inane questions like that.
    However, I thought it was a fair question wondering why the outgoing minister of housing hasn't yet agreed to meet them. Does he assume he has washed his hands of it all?
    Having done nothing while in there and was no doubt facing a vote of no confidence, I would think it would be in his better interests to go and talk.
    But I expect the coward to run. Couldn't face them.

If you need something like that explained in the current environment, then nit pick away, but don't expect any answers.

I can't imagine that anyone would be really bothered to answer inane questions like that.
    However, I thought it was a fair question wondering why the outgoing minister of housing hasn't yet agreed to meet them. Does he assume he has washed his hands of it all?
    Having done nothing while in there and was no doubt facing a vote of no confidence, I would think it would be in his better interests to go and talk.
    But I expect the coward to run. Couldn't face them.

We all know why O’Brion is really meeting them ;)

We all know why O’Brion is really meeting them ;)

We all know why Murphy isn't meeting them ;)

We all know why Murphy isn't meeting them ;)

Because he’s not looking for a photo op ;)

• Advertisement

Because he’s not looking for a photo op ;)

Because he doesn't have the balls to go out and face anyone knowing how incompetent he has been and wouldn't be able to give them any answers ;)

Because he doesn't have the balls to go out and face anyone knowing how incompetent he has been and wouldn't be able to give them any answers ;)

And O’Brion will have answers :D

And O’Brion will have answers :D
    Why would O'Broin have answers for Eoghan Murphys incompetence? :confused::confused:

Why would O'Broin have answers for Eoghan Murphys incompetence? :confused::confused:

I’d say you are confused a lot. Don’t worry about it. O’Brion will tell you what you want to hear. It’s what SF are best at :D

I’d say you are confused a lot. Don’t worry about it. O’Brion will tell you what you want to hear. It’s what SF are best at :D
    Don't think it's me that is confused. You aren't sure why a newly elected politician would meet staff about rent prices rising, but you think he would have answers about the previous ministers reasons for being incompetent..

I'm sure all this typing is hurting your head, time for bed try not to hurt yourself too much.

Don't think it's me that is confused. You aren't sure why a newly elected politician would meet staff about rent prices rising, but you think he would have answers about the previous ministers reasons for being incompetent..

I'm sure all this typing is hurting your head, time for bed try not to hurt yourself too much.

You really have yourself turned inside out. Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What's petty about providing a platform for members of the electorate, many/some of whom may have voted for you, to openly engage/discuss/query things with senior members of the party?

We know other party's do it among themselves (the last big one I heard about in FG circles was the Halloween night one, where Maria Bailey was shafted)

Won't be going to any of them myself, but the reasoning behind it is sound.
    As far as I can tell - they're completely open, and free for anyone to attend, no need to assume, go along and find out. Basically put up or shut up.

Had the shinners ran a high profile campaign of wanting to flush out cheats, you'd maybe be on to something, but as it stands I never even heard of the woman before the election, and have zero problems at all with calling for her to be taken off the ticket should another election be called.

Hopefully that addresses your concerns.

Real example of misinformation.

There is a difference between private meetings of party members as in the Maria Bailey case and public rallies designed to apply pressure and intimidation to other elected politicians.

That doesn't prevent you trying to conflate the two in a typical example of spin and misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yurt! wrote: »
    ^^^Exhibit A. I'm not even sure what you're on about here - but I've already filed it away as nonsense.

Like I said, silly season from the supporters of the likes of FG.
    Public rallies undermining our democracy.jesus wept I've heard it all now.
    UDAWINNER wrote: »

Learn from your history, guys.

Firstly, the ordinary people have a right to protest. Political parties shouldn't hold rallies to intimidate other politicians. Those two statements are fully compatible and correct.

Secondly, the tactic will be to hold rallies and protests, eventually marches, with the aim of forcing another election in which Sinn Fein will expect to increase their vote. If the vote in that election still isn't enough, expect a rise in the number of rallies and marches to intimidate further. We have seen this all before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Real example of misinformation.

There is a difference between private meetings of party members as in the Maria Bailey case and public rallies designed to apply pressure and intimidation to other elected politicians.

That doesn't prevent you trying to conflate the two in a typical example of spin and misinformation.

Not my line, but it's a humdinger.

Posters like yourself whinge and complain at the thoughts of unknown bearded men directing and pulling strings in the background for the shinners.

Posters like you whinge and complain at the thoughts of them holding open and fully transparent meetings in hotels or hassle.

Perhaps posters like yourself just like to whinge and complain amir anything Shinner related, because that's their M.O:D

They've got the momentum behind them now, I see zero problems with them providing a platform for people to openly and transparently engage with the party higher ups, you might even consider going along yourself, might take the whinging and complaining out of your system.

Only two scenarios I see coming now are that FFG coalesce with a smaller party (socdems say no way, they won't play) and the greens don't sound too pushed, leaving the shinners as the main opposition party, I'd say they'll be content with that.

The other option is for the electorate to get back to the polling booths, the shinners can run more candidates, and with Leo and Michaél and many others just scraping over the line the last time, I don't think that's a road they will want to tread myself. :D

The shinners played a blinder in this, even the planned rallies is just an example of them being several steps ahead of the tired old has-beens who are seeing their vote erode steadily and surely.

The shinners have FFG over a barrel blanch, it's all your worst nightmares combined and rolled into one.

• Advertisement

In some ways, I do not mind SF doing these rallies.
    Its the return of street politics which will not curry favor with voters.
    I guess SF has to appear to be doing 'something' instead of actually trying to govern.

Let them make a tit out of themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement