Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

storker wrote: »
    That's not what I asked, though.

Correct, it isn't.

My bad :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

satguy wrote: »
    FG + FF means, that 30 year old son / daughter still living with mum & dad, will be still there when they are 40..

Under an SF government they won't be living with mum and dad. They'll have emigrated due to an economy that can't provide jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Under an SF government they won't be moving with mum and dad. They'll have emigrated due to an economy that can't provide jobs.

You don't know that. We do have FF/FG's records and current record to go on, so unless they change radically and soon, that point stands.
    Do you think FF won't cause the crash FG has been building up to, over the next few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You don't know that. We do have FF/FG's records and current record to go on, so unless they change radically and soon, that point stands.
    Do you think FF won't cause the crash FG has been building up to, over the next few years?

It's started already. Sinn Fein haven't even got into government and the excuses are starting.

blanch152 wrote: »
    It's started already. Sinn Fein haven't even got into government and the excuses are starting.

This comment makes no sense and does not relate to mine. Just so you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭bunderoon

storker wrote: »
    That's not what I asked, though.

They had nothing to do with that.
    Once we got saddled with debts that were made sovereign, the ECB and the IMF lent money. Credit is all Ireland needs to function. The double Irish takes care of the rest.

A lot of FG supporters are fooled by the notion that FG actually turned the country around. The credit flow was stopped and turned back on. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

bunderoon wrote: »
    Once we got saddled with debts that were made sovereign, the ECB and the IMF lent money. Credit is all Ireland needs to function. The double Irish takes care of the rest.

A lot of FG supporters are fooled by the notion that FG actually turned the country around. The credit flow was stopped and turned back on. That is all.

FG are gone chief.

They got booted.

No need to be so upset anymore.

The people spoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Just look north to get an indication of what SF are all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Someone in the other thread said something to the effect of, 'Can we not just do without a government? It's not like the useless bastàrds did anything anyway.' And I still think it's the best take on this whole shebang.

FG are gone chief.

They got booted.

No need to be so upset anymore.

The people spoke.

I think you misread me comment. I'm replying to the silly notion that FG turned the country around.
    I'm glad FG got the result they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

What’s all the **** about the people voted for change.... there’s no outright winner in the election, and the people voted the same for FG/ FF and SF. Whichever of them can form a government will be the winner. No one who sits in the dail chamber wants SF in power, not even the other lefties. Enough said. Time for the electorate to wake up. SF has no magic bullet for the economy, we’re following IMF plan for the next 10 years, better just accept that and get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Double Irish is gone also is it not ?

What's your beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭riddles

What's your beef?

The double Irish is gone now the Greens want to ban the full Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I think you misread me comment. I'm replying to the silly notion that FG turned the country around.
    I'm glad FG got the result they did.

There was a comment made prior to the 2011 general election ( when ff got booted out ) ,that it didn't really matter for the country who got in left or right , all it needed was to be steady and last ...
    Largely the country has been steady... A bit of luck with the world economy and a lot of corporate tax has seen the economy boom... Isn't worth much to anyone who is trying to buy or rent a house though

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What's your beef?

All good things that happened, happened by chance.

All the bad things and failures are down to having the worst politicians in the world. Evil people.

That’s the thought process for so many around here. It’s an ideological comfort blanket for the dimwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

All good things that happened, happened by chance.

All the bad things and failures are down to having the worst politicians in the world. Evil people.

That’s the thought process for so many around here. It’s an ideological comfort blanket for the dimwit.

Well said Johnny. Couldn't have said it better myself.

What's your beef?

No 'beef' as you put it. I dont agree that SF will undo what FF/FG take credit for. Parties dont control the country, corporations do.
    Simply, us doing well is down to credit and tax breaks for mega companies, not some revolutionary political strategy.
    The debt tiger started with FF and carried on with FG.
    Vast majority people here are not well off, they live week to week. A small percentage have a little in the bank.

Since we dont print our own money, we cant do anything about the booms or busts. But we can spend our credit as wise as possible. Which isn't happening. If SF have any say, I hope they dont waste it on wasters. It could be a good opportunity to fix the inefficiencies of services and get best value for our borrowed money.

The double Irish was supposed to be closed last January but exists in a different form.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Irish_arrangement

Anyway...one thing worse than a busy fool is an arrogant one. Plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fine Gael going to put Eoghan Murphy and Simon Harris back in health and housing. Embarrassing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Advertisement

Just look north to get an indication of what SF are all about

Different scenario. Thanks to SF they have as much as they do IMO.
    FG aren't even up there. No room for two DUP's.

The people there for Lyra or the police?
    You seem ignorant on what dissidents are. FG/Lab made one a senator so the Lyra killers have more connection to FG.

Cant see Varadkar's ego supporting MM taking the throne.

Cant see Varadkar's ego supporting MM taking the throne.

They are the same party in reality. He will support them if needed, the same way MM did for FG to 'form a government' after the last election.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

They are the same party in reality. He will support them if needed, the same way MM did for FG to 'form a government' after the last election.

There are contradictory noises coming out of FG reps about a reverse S&C deal. Coveney was fairly unequivocal that it wouldn't happen, others seem softer on it.

My take is they're bunkered down now, trying to figure out how to support nobody without being seen to be the ones in the eyes of the public that cause the election that will flow from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Yurt! wrote: »
    There are contradictory noises coming out of FG reps about a reverse S&C deal. Coveney was fairly unequivocal that it wouldn't happen, others seem softer on it.

My take is they're bunkered down now, trying to figure out how to support nobody without being seen to be the ones in the eyes of the public that cause the election that will flow from it.
    SF largest opposition party , I suspect they will be happy with that.

smurgen wrote: »
    Fine Gael going to put Eoghan Murphy and Simon Harris back in health and housing. Embarrassing!

Sure Charlie Flanagan can be plonked right back in justice for that matter.

3 stooges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Yurt! wrote: »
    It's funny because Leo is now relishing his place on the ditch and and is busy picking out a comfy spot.

For a man that was apparently so enthusiastic to be Taoiseach a few short days ago, he's given up the ghost fairly handy when there is a clear viable FG/FF option on the table.

If SF are such a grave danger to the state, it's surely incumbent on Leo the patriot to get talking with amenable partners to form a government that excludes them in the national interest.

He was sitting on the fence with most things before this now he's on the ditch. He don't like road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

smurgen wrote: »
    This is a FG thread bud.
    Also great to see corporate governance thriving under FG

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/olympic-body-writes-off-pat-hickey-s-400k-rio-bail-money-1.4174116

Put your handbag down . It's a discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Greece is o in the EU. If your theory is correct then why do they have 16% unemployment now while we are at full employment? They had the same access to credit as us.

Coukd it be that they turned to SF twin Sryzia while we got FG?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement