Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

aidankkk wrote: »
    Horse was 3rd paying 3 places. Betfair and paddy Still paid 3 fair play to then ;-)

Massive rule 4 so.
    Any comment on Min getting beaten?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Nice one aidankkk

Ornua crept in to third!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

STB. wrote: »
    Becoming a bit of a joke at this stage. Leop are going to get some stick.

Obviously learned fk all from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If they have left the ground become unraceable once again for many someone needs to be sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd still take on CPS at Cheltenham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Obviously learned fk all from last year.

Will be fast by the end of the day :)

Watch there will be more. And then they'll panic this evening and water heavily.

Maybe Simon Claise can pop over and give them a few lessons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BumperD wrote: »
    If they have left the ground become unraceable once again for many someone needs to be sacked
    STB. wrote: »
    Will be fast by the end of the day :)

Watch there will be more. And then they'll panic this evening and water heavily.

I live locally and they are kind of unlucky. Yesterday was a lovely day but it got really windy last night. It must have dried it right out.

They should start watering straight after for tomorrow.

It is frustrating for punters but I think the trainers need to chin up as well. A lot of them go into this weekend with their focus on Cheltenham. A plus Tard was easy enough to back all week, you have to think the stable staff weren't arsed and half knew.

The worst was Klassical Dream. I think there is a massive run in this horse and he sat at 7/2 all week, didn't budge an inch. They only went NRNB on Thursday at 11 am. ****. The bookies were not taking any chances here , at all.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Massive rule 4 so.
    Any comment on Min getting beaten?

Not so quick to reply to this one.

Any chance of giving up the "x just wins" comments? Yourself and Roger have a terrible habit of doing it regularly (can't remember the last time either of you got one right tbh).

Why not just say it's your opinion instead of stating it as fact? We all get it wrong a lot of the time No shame in it. Stating it as fact and getting it wrong the vast majority of the time just makes it more embarrassing and as we've all seen, that's usually the case despite your claims of never tipping losers below 4/1.

I await my imminent attack and ban, which seems to be the fate of anyone who calls out this bs.

Unlucky once but not 3 years in a row, sorry but someone should be sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

What a race there. Cashback the one for me for future. He has a lot more room for improvement.
    Blackmore is class.

Blackmore is the best in the business.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Not so quick to reply to this one.

Any chance of giving up the "x just wins" comments? Yourself and Roger have a terrible habit of doing it regularly (can't remember the last time either of you got one right tbh).

Why not just say it's your opinion instead of stating it as fact? We all get it wrong a lot of the time No shame in it. Stating it as fact and getting it wrong the vast majority of the time just makes it more embarrassing and as we've all seen, that's usually the case despite your claims of never tipping losers below 4/1.

I await my imminent attack and ban, which seems to be the fate of anyone who calls out this bs.
    Nothing irks me more than that kind of talk "will win" "cert" etc is just pure bull talk.

They have the arkle between them

Nothing irks me more than that kind of talk "will win" "cert" etc is just pure bull talk.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make.
    It's very annoying, especially when the guilty parties almost always get it wrong.

Thought the novices jumped better than the champion chase contenders to be quite frank

4 seconds slower than the earlier 2 mile race that Chacun won but they jumped brilliantly for Novices arkle should be Ireland’s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,423 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wonder is this the end for Laurina. Awful.

Laurina has really taken a slide backwards

Laurina woeful over in Sandown. That's her for the season I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

She's bled again I'd say

She is simply not as good as the hype.

People like Ruby Walsh working for Paddy Power winking and whispering at every punter in the country last year about what he was riding in the Champion Hurdle.

She is the epitome of a hype horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Looked shocking. I know it's a kind of aftertiming but Who Da Fook would back her at that price!?!?!

IAMAMORON wrote: »

People like Ruby Walsh working for Paddy Power winking and whispering at every punter in the country last year about what he was riding in the Champion Hurdle.

It's hilarious to think this time last year there's be people spitting out their coffee if you suggested she wasn't a cert for the champion hurdle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Regardless of how over hyped she is, her last two races have not been her true form. And doesnt explain her performances. Even on her disappointing fourth in the champion hurdle was miles in advance of what she has done in the last two races. It is a test of Mullins to ever get her back on form.

It's hilarious to think this time last year there's be people spitting out their coffee if you suggested she wasn't a cert for the champion hurdle :pac:

Literally no one did that. She had beaten one horse in a match in Sandown and if anything was evidence of how poor last years champion hurdle appeared before the race last year. She was priced up on her potential. You may have been mistaking her with Apples Jade, who on this week last year won the Irish champion hurdle by 17l

Morgans wrote: »
    Regardless of how over hyped she is, her last two races have not been her true form. And doesnt explain her performances. Even on her disappointing fourth in the champion hurdle was miles in advance of what she has done in the last two races. It is a test of Mullins to ever get her back on form.
    Literally no one did that. She had beaten one horse in a match in Sandown and if anything was evidence of how poor last years champion hurdle appeared before the race last year. She was priced up on her potential. You may have been mistaking her with Apples Jade, who on this week last year won the Irish champion hurdle by 17l

Giver her up.

Apples Jade is completely different class to Laurina. Different Class.

That is all.

I'd say have a look through last year's threads and even preview nights. Someone please back me up here because I remember vividly people talking about her as a wondermare.

And, if I was to judge Apples jade on her latest pulled up effort vs Benie Des Dieux at Gowran, rather than taking a balanced view of whether she ran to her form, I would be a idiot.

• Advertisement

And, if I was to judge Apples jade on her latest pulled up effort vs Benie Des Dieux at Gowran, rather than taking a balanced view of whether she ran to her form, I would be a idiot.

Laurina could still turn out very good but she's never done anything similar to Apples Jade's peak performances.

Advertisement