Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The Mig wrote: »
    Only 8s? 12s freely available Slatts

Ah ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Willie Mullins lying YET AGAIN telling us Klassical Dream is LAME and won't run tomorrow

Why can't he just be honest with the public and say its cus the ground ain't soft enough

I'm sick to death of trainers lying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Not a fan of Laurina. She's extremely overrated for what she's actually achieved. However I wouldn't oppose her at the prices tomorrow. That looks a woeful grade 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Some serious WM fanboys in here!

Wont be doing any crazy short WM priced doubles, but I think he has a serious chance with Tiger Tap Tap in the Ladbrokes Hurdle @ 3.45 tomorrow. 9/1

Beaten a neck just over c&d, a year ago by last years Champion Hurdle fav and ill fated Sir Erec. Sir Erec was rated in the 150's going into that, and TTP runs off 136. Entered in the Supreme & the Ballymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

30p Rule 4......but....Honeysuckle price gone out.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1:25 leop.

Everything has its price and Ornua has a great record on decent ground . There have been bigger shocks in this race than a former grade 1 winner getting involved .

Obviously Min wins but still Can’t resist a 3 figure price

1 pt ew 150/1 paddy/betfair/vC .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

@aidankk

Big fan of Ornua and Dylan.

Ornua hasn't been the same since Sandown. He has never actually raced at Leopardstown. And Dylan, well he is only back from his break.

Some reputations on the line in the opener. If Paul Nolan is ever to have something decent again, it might be with Latest Exhibition who beat Andy Dufresne at Christmas and whose connections turned down quite sizeable money offers.

Simple enough Blackmore double for me tomorrow. Notebook and Honeysuckle. Anyone other than Blackmore on Notebook and I might have jumped on Fakir. And, 2 mile or not, I'm obliged to back Honeysuckle.

‪3:45 leop‬

‪There nothing more I like than backing a horse at a huge price that has been gambled on before with no success . Minds Eye has always preferred decent ground and if he hasn’t lost it completely 50/1 might look value ‬

‪1 pt ew 6 places sky 50/1 5 places others ‬

‪3:10‬

‪The non runner Klassical Dream is making the 33/1 about decent ground horse Aramon a nice ew price here . He’s my pretty obvious county winner so this is a just in case he Fecks up his mark bet . ‬

‪1 point ew 33/1 ‬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Not my kind of bet but I'll be shocked if anything can beat unexcepted tomorrow. I think this is a graded animal and a mark of 137 is a gift.
    He has only won a maiden I know but I was super impressed and I think a combination of bouncing and getting stuck In the mud in Limerick was why easy work destroyed him, if Willie has him right I expect a demolition job and he could be something ridiculous like 9/4 at the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Big move for Charles Byrnes thosedaysaregone in the ladbroke hurdle tomorrow. 25/1 into 12s with pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Motivator

jj mac wrote: »
    Big move for Charles Byrnes thosedaysaregone in the ladbroke hurdle tomorrow. 25/1 into 12s with pp.

He’s had a winner on tomorrow’s card the last two years. Off You Go won both times - could have been the Ladbroke twice actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

It only takes like 100 or 200 euro to move a horse at 25s the night before...

It'll most likely drift out to 33/1 or something before the off

With them connections I'd say the money I've put on Petit mouchour ew this evening would move a market like that.

Andrew00 wrote: »
    It only takes like 100 or 200 euro to move a horse at 25s the night before...

It'll most likely drift out to 33/1 or something before the off

Completely agree. Grade 1's not so bad but even with it being Drf they're afraid of their ****e of the handicaps particularly if it's someone like Byrne's.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Completely agree. Grade 1's not so bad but even with it being Drf they're afraid of their ****e of the handicaps particularly if it's someone like Byrne's.

Ye probably the case. I see the mouse doctor for Tony Martin has been cut too. Bookies afraid of a plot from the usual suspects?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

aidankkk wrote: »
    Obviously Min wins but still Can’t resist a 3 figure price

More of this nonsense. What will you say if Min doesn't win?
    And if "Obviously Min wins", why don't you back him instead of opposing him with a horse at a three figure price? He's 3/1 ffs. Any price is value if you know he's going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Laurina. She's extremely overrated for what she's actually achieved. However I wouldn't oppose her at the prices tomorrow. That looks a woeful grade 1.

Woeful race alright but is it a safe bet after bleeding last time out?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Grabbed Sharjah at 15/8 during the week even though i thought it was a bit skinny, guess the bookies were onto Klassical Dream not running.

Also Gardens of Babylon at 25/1 in the 3m hurdle on Sunday seems huge to me.

• Advertisement

Grabbed Sharjah at 15/8 during the week even though i thought it was a bit skinny, guess the bookies were onto Klassical Dream not running.

Also Gardens of Babylon at 25/1 in the 3m hurdle on Sunday seems huge to me.
    I'm suspicious of that price. Is it out for a spin? You'd think surely not with the prize money on offer but with JP ya wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

He's rated 140 so it's not a case of getting his mark down, ran a month ago so it's not a case of the horse not being fit. The prize money is huge too.

I'd say it's possibly a case of the distance, he's never really ran over further than 2m but looked as if he wants further in my eyes. I'll have a pop at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cash Back hit the line so hard the last day I just have to back him tomorrow it would require an upset to trouble the front of the market but visually he was so strong the last day I’m willing to give him a go 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

yaboya1 wrote: »
    More of this nonsense. What will you say if Min doesn't win?
    And if "Obviously Min wins", why don't you back him instead of opposing him with a horse at a three figure price? He's 3/1 ffs. Any price is value if you know he's going to win.
    Maybe it's the place part of the bet that he's more interested in???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

12.50 Elixir DAinay
    1.25 CPS
    2.00 Cashback ew
    2.35 Batcio ew
    3.10 Honeysuckle
    3.45 Tiger Tap Tap ew

Enjoy the racing. Should be a cracking day

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

STB. wrote: »
    Some serious WM fanboys in here!

Wont be doing any crazy short WM priced doubles, but I think he has a serious chance with Tiger Tap Tap in the Ladbrokes Hurdle @ 3.45 tomorrow. 9/1

Beaten a neck just over c&d, a year ago by last years Champion Hurdle fav and ill fated Sir Erec. Sir Erec was rated in the 150's going into that, and TTP runs off 136. Entered in the Supreme & the Ballymore.

Tiger tap tap a very poor horse

There could be a serious burn up in that Novice chase, I'm a big cashback fan but going off backing him the more I look at it. Notebook and FD will both be prominent with him.
    The ideal horse for it to suit I think is Bapaume but I think hes a bit soft and Melons not one I'd fully trust either.
    Sit and watch race maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

BoldReason wrote: »
    Some firms have Laurina priced at 2/1 for tomorrow. I'm not entirely convinced by her but jesus she will beat this lot. She has to go off closer to evens than 2/1
    Slattsy wrote: »
    If she didn't run last time she'd be 1/2 to beat this lot.

Her price is astonishing and I think at some point an honest proper debate has to be had about Laurina.

We need to talk about Laurina.

I sat and watched last year when she was proclaimed the second coming and every second person felt she was going to "hose up" in the champion hurdle. Did she phuck.

She jumped like a buck around Gowran first time out, beat Minello Indo and I reckon a future Irish National winner, all good.

But I am beginning to question what she has actually achieved. I am beginning to become very suspicious about the mares novice race a Cheltenham. I think it is basically a throw in for young mares and I am going forward excluding it from my formbook. I think young mares are clueless, the race is essentially a pin job, look at the prices of last years winner and runner up.

Today is the acid test for Laurina. I am frankly astonished at her price and find it puzzling that she has been sent to Sandown. I am going against her and have dutched Itchy Feet and Grand Sancy. The main reason being that given her undeniable hype she should be even money. It is a massive head scratcher for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

This is the last time I'm ever backing Bapuame I will give up on him after today. I still think there's a serious horse in there.

Have also gave tiger tap tap a punt.

And a nice Laurina, Min and Honeysuckle treble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

She's out to 9/4 with 365

Advertisement