Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Morgans wrote: »
    And, if I was to judge Apples jade on her latest pulled up effort vs Benie Des Dieux at Gowran, rather than taking a balanced view of whether she ran to her form, I would be a idiot.

That is strictly incorrect.

The answer is actually (b), 13 grade 1's and a million euro in prizemoney.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

Honeysuckle WILL win the next at Leopardstown

Laurina could still turn out very good but she's never done anything similar to Apples Jade's peak performances.

This is really doubtful. Above average she was. But overhyped, it is that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Morgans

Laurina could still turn out very good but she's never done anything similar to Apples Jade's peak performances.

Why would you think that I am saying otherwise?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    That is strictly incorrect.

The answer is actually (b), 13 grade 1's and a million euro in prizemoney.

Makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Brilliant race but that's a little bit disappointing again for me. Am I asking too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Poor race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Well no champion there that’s for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

She'll win no champion hurdle jumping like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

Margate wrote: »
    Poor race

Standard I mean not excitement

• Advertisement

Morgans wrote: »
    Makes no sense.

I am just being a bit of a smart ass. Don't let it spoil your day.

But comparing Apples Jade and Laurina is no longer possible. It is an insult to Apples Jade.

Don't make the mistake of following waffle over the side of a cliff.

Laurina ran in 4 mares only contests in 2018. She won a grade 1. Good for her.

She followed up beating a handicapper in a match in Sandown by 48 lengths, wow. She won a listed hurdle in Punchestown in a race were the rest of the field were out for feed money, big swing of da mickey.

She is beaten 16 lengths and outclassed in the Champion hurdle at Cheltenham.

She has won a beginners chase and seemingly has bleeding issues.

Giver her up. She is just average.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am just being a bit of a smart ass. Don't let it spoil your day.

But comparing Apples Jade and Laurina is no longer possible. It is an insult to Apples Jade.

Don't make the mistake of following waffle over the side of a cliff.

Laurina ran in 4 mares only contests in 2018. She won a grade 1. Good for her.

She followed up beating a handicapper in a match in Sandown by 48 lengths, wow. She won a listed hurdle in Punchestown in a race were the rest of the field were out for feed money, big swing of da mickey.

She is beaten 16 lengths and outclassed in the Champion hurdle at Cheltenham.

She has won a beginners chase and seemingly has bleeding issues.

Giver her up. She is just average.

I am not comparing Laurina and Apples Jade. It really doesnt have to be a team A vs Team B thing.

I'm comparing those people who claim Laurina is overhyped when she is pulling up in average races, clearly sick/injured/off form with anyone who judges Apples Jade on her pulling up at Gowran as if that's her true form. People who do this are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha a

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha a

Daver Star the 148 rated 8yr old beaten 1/2 a length giving her 7lbs hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :)

Daver Star the 148 rated 8yr old beaten 1/2 a length giving her 7lbs hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :)

Ahhh I know old boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Jaysus Top Moon was second favorite for this next race during the week. The drift is a worry for these connections but 50 on the machine is a bit much.

Ahhh I know old boy

I was getting worried there for a second!

The 2mile division looks dire, an opportunity to have a swing at a big price on the day for min stake

Some movement in the 3.45 market. Unexcepted gone from 7/2 to 13/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Bookies were right to fear Byrne's.:eek:

Charles Byrnes is genius, that is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Some movement in the 3.45 market. Unexcepted gone from 7/2 to 13/2.

Did it get injured - started going backwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

MaxBet wrote: »
    3.45 -

MISTER BLUE SKY 40/1 bet365
    EGLANTINE DU SEUIL 33/1 bet365

Cracking race , thought EDS was coming to do the business there . Would have liked to see Fogarty get a winner too . Giving a stone plus to Byrnes’ too much of an ask
    Another serious bit of training on the winner , ridden by one of the most impressive young jockeys around
    Golden Jewell flew home , Eddie Cawley’s go relatively unnoticed in these big field handicaps and often outrun their odds

carq wrote: »
    Did it get injured - started going backwards?

Think it's colours put him off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Great atmosphere here today lads. Best I've witnessed in a a long time at an Irish track. Especially for Rachel B's two winners. First time at the course , very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The favourite finished 9th in the mares novice last year it's hardly a vintage renewal

She will come on a lot for today and I hope she takes her chance

She will face a tougher horse in the mares than anything she will face in the champion hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

maximo31 wrote: »
    Great atmosphere here today lads. Best I've witnessed in a a long time at an Irish track. Especially for Rachel B's two winners. First time at the course , very impressive.

Interesting times. The Dublin Racing Festival resembles Cheltenham of the 1980's - limited races for high quality horses resulting in exceptional quality races which will grab headlines.
    Meanwhile Cheltenham propose to dilute their Festival to 5 days.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kmcg46

I have 2 tickets for tomorrow, cant make it now, anybody interested, pick up in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What happened that unexpected today came to challenge and then on the bend just fell apart and dropped out? Strange

Well, wherever Honeysuckle goes, I'll be sure to follow.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The favourite finished 9th in the mares novice last year it's hardly a vintage renewal

She will come on a lot for today and I hope she takes her chance

She will face a tougher horse in the mares than anything she will face in the champion hurdle

Best of luck with you ap bet. It’s a dire renewal lump on at 9/2 if that’s your fancy not for me

Advertisement