Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Racing Festival 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

La Bague Au Roi a big price or is he past it?

I can't do it. I've tried to talk myself out of it but I can't leave Blue Sari there at 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭piplip87

Faugheen Percy double for me. Will ha e a look at the others as day goes on. Duty seems like one I'll have a punt on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am backing a few at the prices.

12.55 Black Tears - needs to improve to beat Jeremy's flame.
    1.25 Cerberus - small win only, will be tough to beat the favourite.
    1.55 No idea.
    2.30 Braeside - is either trying to qualify for the pertemps or is a Coral Cup plot. I think it needs to have good run here to get into either. 25/1. Also Thermostocles is overpriced at 66/1, needs to qualify and ran in last years pertemps and finished 7th.
    3.00 Tornado flyer - win only , he either annihilates them by 5 or 6 lengths or comes nowhere.
    3.30 La Bague Ar Roi - has to be trying and won here last year.

I like Dallas Des Pictons in the handicap chase or maybe Chavi Artist.

I also was in my local last night and a waffler told me to back Charles O'Brien's in the first. The horse is called Strange Notions.

To be honest I have never got a tip off him before and it could be nothing. I don't see any money for it this morning either, and I looked up the syndicates' previous winners and they looked to have been hammered, they had a handicapper on the flat with Conor Murphy.

Just passing it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I also was in my local last night and a waffler told me to back Charles O'Brien's in the first. The horse is called Strange Notions.

Just passing it on.

The waffler might be onto something. Strange Notions stayed on after held up and hampered to finished second in a Mares Novices Hurdle at Fairhouse last month beaten 9 lengths by Drury (that someone else has tipped up earlier). As this race is a handicap the conditions are revised in her favour. Strange Notions races of 9 stone 13, rather than the 11 stone she raced off the last day. Drury is 8/1, Strange Notions 28/1.

Some money for Ellie Mac in that race 33/1 down to 18's (she was fav last time she raced off a higher mark at leop and pulled up). Different Ground. Harry Fry's horse also heavily backed in same race.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Im going to give Barra one more chance in the first. Kennedy is on board and she was placed at this race in 2018. 50/1 at 5 places is worth a throw away fiver each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm having a bit of concertista ew in the first. Disappointing this season but ran a cracker in the Mares Novice at the Cheltenham festival last year when chinned by stablemate Eglantine du seuil and it could be maidens don't suit her and she needs a proper pace to aim at, that run in March would suggest as much, travelled beautifully into it.
    The winner that day EDS was similarly disappointing this season up until yesterday when placed in a very competitive handicap off 140, Concertista is 135 in against the girls and could go very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Lot of money for Ena Baie in first
    Will chance it

Aspire Tower Faugheen Percy treble done

Didn't win a red cent yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

I'm having a bit of concertista ew in the first. Disappointing this season but ran a cracker in the Mares Novice at the Cheltenham festival last year when chinned by stablemate Eglantine du seuil and it could be maidens don't suit her and she needs a proper pace to aim at, that run in March would suggest as much, travelled beautifully into it.
    The winner that day EDS was similarly disappointing this season up until yesterday when placed in a very competitive handicap off 140, Concertista is 135 in against the girls and could go very close.

On this one too for the very same reason .
    Backed EDS yesterday too as it happens ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    2.30 Braeside - is either trying to qualify for the pertemps or is a Coral Cup plot. I think it needs to have good run here to get into either.

Had a good long look at this one yesterday , just about decided to leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Are replays on the Bet365 app gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

While I'd love to see Faugheen win, I'm going with Easy Game here. Think its a great price.

Also Any Second Now in 4:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trust the Irish transport system to make life that bit harder... Seems to be normal Sunday Luas times today. Like sardines heading out here an hour ago.

Concertista for me in the first.

MaxBet wrote: »
    Had a good long look at this one yesterday , just about decided to leave it

My logic is that the lowest rated in the Coral cup last year was around 138 or so. he needs to at least win this to get in there. The lowest rating in last years Pertemps was 134. So the horse mightn't get into either even if he does?

He has bumper form behind Latest Exhibition.

It is a Pertemps qualifier isn't it ?

Nice ride by Davy. Nice start "Iamamoran".

Your waffler mate wasn't far off either, 5th.

Have a look at Rocket lads run from last week lads. He's in Musselburgh today after travelling a dream, jockey looking for a gap that wasn't there and then going out like a light last week.
    Its a pertemps qualifier so might just be looking to finish in the 6 but I'm taking the chance. Ladbrokes going 3 places.
    Sorry lads getting him mixed up with another horse from last week. This boy just pulled his chance away last time,I've him backed now anyway may let it roll.

Gardens of Babylon to run well, maybe place, then go on and win the Martin Pipe.

I've taken the 25s for Cheltenham and had a small nibble today.

@posturingpat. Emmet's horses are backed when fancied! Infact the whole world knows when a gamble is on. His maiden win was beating Drury who ran no sort of race in the opener at Leop.

McConnell's horse in the second at Musselburgh, Anna Bunnina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Robert hall just announced today his last day - pity.

STB. wrote: »
    @posturingpat. Emmet's horses are backed when fancied! Infact the whole world knows when a gamble is on. His maiden win was beating Drury who ran no sort of race in the opener at Leop.

McConnell's horse in the second at Musselburgh, Anna Bunnina.

She could be anything, getting backed as well, 10/3 now.

Brian Hughes has Construct in the novice hurdle. He has sent 4 over.

Some amount of money for Oak Park in the second at Leop. 33/1 into half that in last 10 mins. Could be the Russell factor.

Well Well Well.

In running people burnt !

Get in there! **** I love 25/1 winners!

Slattsy wrote: »
    Get in there! **** I love 25/1 winners!

Returned 12's. Slattsy knew. Spies in the Baby Jesus camp ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

aidankkk wrote: »
    ‪1:25 ‬

‪Wave of the Sea has got far to big now . He’ll run a decent race and if he sticks his head down this time will be fighting for places .‬

‪I’ve actually gone for 4 places with 365 at 20/1 but he is 28/1 standard ew ‬

‪1 point ew 4 places 365 20/1 , or 28/1 3 places ‬

Lovely . And here to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Hate aftertiming but aspire tower was a shocking price.

What made people think it could win a triumph. Even if it won today I wouldn't back it for Cheltenham

Cerberus looks a monkey. I was on my way to collect, even before Aspire Tower fell.

Lovely touch on Wave of the Sea, nice one.

• Advertisement

Something wrong with Cerberus? Did he not stay or is something amiss?

Advertisement