Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

In on GAN, BEP 26.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote: »
    Kirkland's was my next go to but it's after increasing 75% after hours on store re opening news.

Still incredibly undervalued in my opinion even at those prices.

This was 80 cent when I mentioned.

Hit 12 dollars today.

Not a bad 3 month return :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Has Degiro changed something recently. I have some money cash, and also a smaller amount "Available to trade". How do I transfer the cash to use for trading?

Check you dont have any buy orders pending, that money would be included in your "cash" balance but not your available to trade balance

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

Kilboor wrote: »
    This was 80 cent when I mentioned.

Hit 12 dollars today.

Not a bad 3 month return :cool:

My biggest mistake of the year selling this too early wouldn't mind but i been watching it go up all along just never got back in it :pac: ah well made some money on it great call!!

That and LK disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

What do people make of Intel? Trading around 49. Stock price dropped when they announced new chips delayed into 2021.

But at the same time they are building an 8billion dollar Fab over here. Surely they bounce back?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

AMC shot up there the last while, gone from 3 to 5 dollars in a month. Did someone mention it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks like the GAN rollercoaster is off again, gained PENN as a client Tuesday, lost Fanduel fantasy games Wednesday.
    Up from $21 to $26 and back down to $21 tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looks like the GAN rollercoaster is off again, gained PENN as a client Tuesday, lost Fanduel fantasy games Wednesday.
    Up from $21 to $26 and back down to $21 tonight :(

Saw that. Was looking for an entry, am I right in thinking this may be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭dinneenp

robman60 wrote: »

$25.17 atm, still a good price to buy at?

robman60 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

dinneenp wrote: »
    See comment above. It's going to be down over 10% on opening it looks like. That might be the chance. Will probably look to enter there.

Looks like it will open lower today (monitor the "before hours" price)
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GAN?p=GAN

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tenet

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    What do people make of Intel? Trading around 49. Stock price dropped when they announced new chips delayed into 2021.

But at the same time they are building an 8billion dollar Fab over here. Surely they bounce back?
    Although Intel is a big investor here, ytd, 1mth & 6mts -17, -19 & -23 where AMD 80, 45 & 55
    nvidia probably better.
    held AMD 4 3 months made 0 since the day sold last month its up 30% high p/e but a great ceo and product would buy again before intel
    I swapped them for apple am 20% there so swings and roundabouts home tech/tv ebiss in fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Degiro is showing me that Kitov Pharmaceuticals has jumped +900.00%, but I can't find any news as to why, so I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not.

Timmaay wrote: »
    I'd say everyone will have the same idea so sell 2 or 3 days before battery day.

Tesla $2,001 atm. Are there any insightful articles about Battery Day, from a financial/share pov?

Degiro is showing me that Kitov Pharmaceuticals has jumped +900.00%, but I can't find any news as to why, so I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not.

Unlikely a Degiro glitch, but is there substance to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Unlikely a Degiro glitch, but is there substance to it?

The historical data on degiro has changed as well so not sure what is going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

The historical data on degiro has changed as well so not sure what is going on there.

Reverse split

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Tesla $2,001 atm. Are there any insightful articles about Battery Day, from a financial/share pov?

Check the Tesla share price thread on here, recent video featuring Jim Cramer ( previously Tesla Bear) puts perspective on things and battery day is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

I see Tesla shares as playing roulette at the minute, absolutely no logical to the share price so don't bother over thinking it too much, same as crypto, expect random price swings +/-20% across the next few weeks. In terms of battery day I say whatever announcements are already priced into the share price, the only question now is what impact will the share split have in terms of people who couldn't afford a tesla share at 2k but can afford at 400$. I have 4 tesla shares myself which I dunno what to do with, hold onto forever more or throw in a sell order for like 21/2200$ with the hope that I can buy back 20 shares in a month's time for less than the 400$. I'm not going to overthink it either way, but the run up lately is crazily overextended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I see Tesla shares as playing roulette at the minute, absolutely no logical to the share price so don't bother over thinking it too much, same as crypto, expect random price swings +/-20% across the next few weeks. In terms of battery day I say whatever announcements are already priced into the share price, the only question now is what impact will the share split have in terms of people who couldn't afford a tesla share at 2k but can afford at 400$. I have 4 tesla shares myself which I dunno what to do with, hold onto forever more or throw in a sell order for like 21/2200$ with the hope that I can buy back 20 shares in a month's time for less than the 400$. I'm not going to overthink it either way, but the run up lately is crazily overextended.

I think it will be good for another while yet then the others will catch up and overtake in terms of EV car production. They have such a big lead but when the other companies start mass producing EV's in 2023 Tesla won't be as dominant. They will still be the best, i cant see another car company catching up with what they produce and there overall ecosystem of companies/products.

Decided to get out at $2050, doubled my money in 2 months so can't complain. The fomo starts now though ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Decided to get out at $2050, doubled my money in 2 months so can't complain. The fomo starts now though ha.

You weren't tempted to sell half and chance the split no? I bought one last friday at 1600 just for the split gamble. I have some nice padding going in now, which I wasn't expecting.

It will be an interesting two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Bought myself some more GAN on the dip today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I wonder how degiro is going to handle the Apple share split, will they 'sell' my holding then immediately 'buy' back? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

bfa1509 wrote: »
    You weren't tempted to sell half and chance the split no? I bought one last friday at 1600 just for the split gamble. I have some nice padding going in now, which I wasn't expecting.

It will be an interesting two weeks.

Meh, if I had a bigger position then yep, but with just 4 shares I wasn't bothered like selling only 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Kitov, Kitov, Kitov, sold mine at just over $1 with a great return a few weeks back, now it is up 800% today :O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

omerin wrote: »
    Kitov, Kitov, Kitov, sold mine at just over $1 with a great return a few weeks back, now it is up 800% today :O

Don't berate yourself, it's due to a reverse share split (1 for 10) to maintain compliance on Nasdaq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bought myself some more GAN on the dip today

Sold at around $26 during the week, bought back in today at $20.50.

Bit of a rollercoaster.

Advertisement