Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

NIO up 10% today, new ATH of $16.60. Thanks to those that mentioned it on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

NIO up 10% today, new ATH of $16.60. Thanks to those that mentioned it on this thread

Finally got there, I've a big enough stakes in it at $5 and $12,it's helped drag me back to nearly breakeven followed all my corona losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I see Asana just filed to go public too, would be a competitor to Atlassian, been using it for a few years. Founded by a Facebook co-founder

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Ipo's seem like the fashionable thing to do these days. Airbnb are another one doing it later this year. Depending on the price this one would very much intrigue me, especially given all this covid stuff, I imagine some people would be reluctant to use hotels etc for the next few years anyway

Augeo wrote: »
    huge legs on it IMO .......... no RNS as yet but there's a covid treatment trial ongoing which dosed patients for two weeks..... some of the 90 are finished their doses.

also covid trial is a small part of the potential upshoot, 4d are leaders in bio therapeutics and the news is only good in that aspect of pharma.

MSD have a significant stake in 4d and there's a trial going on with a 4d bio therapeutic and MSDs blockbuster drug Keytruda....... https://www.4dpharmaplc.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/preliminary-safety-and-clinical-observations-mrx0518-combination-keytruda

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113298037&postcount=2203

I'm hoping to make serious cash off this one...... I'm happy to hold longterm if that's required.

RNS on the trial with Keytruda this morning .......... "' the combination of MRx0518 with KEYTRUDA achieved a disease control rate (DCR) of 42%,'

'The disease control rate observed in part A of the study, at 42%, far exceeds the 10% threshold for success agreed with our partner MSD for the cohort expansion phase' "

Up 40% since opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

dinneenp wrote: »

Been waiting on this one for years. Alipay is an absolute beast in China they even tap for street vendors, its pretty cashless there with it. Has a lot of competition with wechat though for smaller retail payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

4d through the roof this morning to 110 before settling back to ~100. Hit my optimistic limit sell order of 98 so im out of it for now at a healthy profit.
    Will look at it again if it dips back

retalivity wrote: »
    4d through the roof this morning to 110 before settling back to ~100. Hit my optimistic limit sell order of 98 so im out of it for now at a healthy profit.
    Will look at it again if it dips back

It will quite likely dip back. There's loads of opportunity for future RNSs though so I'd very expect to see higher over the coming months.
    Covid trial results due soon also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I am planning to offload them once market opens. These are the ones which I own:
    Namely OPK(-16%),VXRT(-19%),SRNE(-31%),INO(-15%), ONTX(-78%!).

I was up like 40% in SRNE, should had cashed out !!
    Now am down respectively 280 between 5 of them :( You win some and you lose some I guess.

I'd hold off selling INO if you don't need the money. If your offloading it should be on the basis you don't think they will ever regain the value you paid. I suspect Ino will be fine. Lots of upcomming catylsts and what we are learning about COVID suggests DNA vaccines might be the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Bought some AutoWeb, JD.com, Li Auto and iRhythm Technologies earlier today. Just a couple of hundred euros on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Netflix absolutely flying today, you'd have to wonder where the ceiling is for that one. Still, I'm not complaining.

Call option on Huya is just about in the money too although I have till January to exercise so hopefully it goes on a nice run now. This market is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Got out of Salesforce at 270, up 25% today after good earnings

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Bought into salesforce, sap and apple today. 11 out of the 17 stocks I own are now tech will looking at changing that a little bit over the next number of weeks but until there is a vaccine I find it hard to see tech stocks crashing.
    Now up over 30% on amzn since buying earlier this year I can see amazons sales being phenomenal in the run up to Christmas as people will be reluctant to go to retail outlets.
    Feels like everyone is just riding a wave right now just a case of when it will brake, maybe in the run upto us election?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

jams100 wrote: »
    Bought into salesforce, sap and apple today. 11 out of the 17 stocks I own are now tech will looking at changing that a little bit over the next number of weeks but until there is a vaccine I find it hard to see tech stocks crashing.
    Now up over 30% on amzn since buying earlier this year I can see amazons sales being phenomenal in the run up to Christmas as people will be reluctant to go to retail outlets.
    Feels like everyone is just riding a wave right now just a case of when it will brake, maybe in the run upto us election?

Am I right in saying the election is already priced in? Though saw on cnbc today that trumps approval rating in some swing states has gone up

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I see Asana just filed to go public too, would be a competitor to Atlassian, been using it for a few years. Founded by a Facebook co-founder

Thoughts on their numbers in S1? Wasn’t blown away to be honest. Top tier growth rates but expensive growth. R40 is well below best in class. Payback high for average deal size and plays in extremely competitive landscape. Will be interesting to see where this one prices. I’d peg it at about $5.5bn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

liamjames1 wrote: »
    Thoughts on their numbers in S1? Wasn’t blown away to be honest. Top tier growth rates but expensive growth. R40 is well below best in class. Payback high for average deal size and plays in extremely competitive landscape. Will be interesting to see where this one prices. I’d peg it at about $5.5bn

I've used Asana and a few other PM tools, and I definitely like it more than others. The management team is best in class too.

Yeah the numbers weren't outstanding, 85% YOY growth but their revenue per user is very small compared to others, but I reckon they'll find a way to grow that, they're still early on their growth curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

was checking in on Facebook fairly often recently with a view to buying , missed a big breakout

can see it making $350 easily , tech is on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    tech is on fire

Isn't this all a bit worrying? Everything has gone 3 to 5 times since March - just in last 6 months! There was a massive dip in March, but most tech stocks have gone up to two/three times pre-March.

I don't know what that next big shock is going to be, but it's going to be spectacular - if one can time it well, they will make bank and end up buying back even more shares in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

New EV that went through an IPO Xpeng.

The Sedan looks really nice and starts from 30 grand. https://en.xiaopeng.com/p7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

The Sedan looks really nice and starts from 30 grand. https://en.xiaopeng.com/p7.html

looks lovely, cant see it being 30K if it ever reaches ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Reading up about them, serious cash burn still, so I'll stay away for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Has anyone found a us listed s an p 500 etf with a kiid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭championc

For Dividends, do you need to have the share before the EX DIV date, or buy it on that date ? Or if selling, can you sell the day after the record date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

championc wrote: »
    For Dividends, do you need to have the share before the EX DIV date, or buy it on that date ? Or if selling, can you sell the day after the record date ?

If you sell on the ex-dividend date you will still get the dividend. If you buy on this date, you will not get it. If you are holding stock and don't want the dividend then you sell the day before the ex-dividend date. The Record date doesn't really affect anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭championc

bfa1509 wrote: »
    If you sell on the ex-dividend date you will still get the dividend. If you buy on this date, you will not get it. If you are holding stock and don't want the dividend then you sell the day before the ex-dividend date. The Record date doesn't really affect anything.

To get the dividend, can you buy the day before the Ex Div date, can you sell it on the Record date ?

championc wrote: »
    To get the dividend, can you buy the day before the Ex Div date, can you sell it on the Record date ?

Yes, if you buy the day before and keep it until the trade opens next day you get the dividend, however, the Ex Div date is not advised in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    tech is on fire

Lightening hot, lightening being hotter than fire. Just hopefully it won't vanish (crash) as quick as lightening vanishes.

• Advertisement

EDESA's ($EDSA) Covid19 applicable respiratory therapy passes the 30 day FDA IND notification period this weekend, so should be expected to spike Monday assuming no news today. Some investors got burned on the 30th of July when the company announced they were applying for IND and eventually fell back hard, so shares at a price worth taking a look.

Advertisement