Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers

Up 12% since dropping 9%. (In 3 days). Despite nothing really changing other than a college leauge cancelling their season.
    Very interested in seeing their results tomorrow, they surely can't be good. I think it will be more on their conference call and their plans for the rest of the year and their current cash burn rate. Sold some for 36 today anyway after picking up some for 31 during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

jams100 wrote: »
    Up 12% since dropping 9%. (In 3 days). Despite nothing really changing other than a college leauge cancelling their season.
    Very interested in seeing their results tomorrow, they surely can't be good. I think it will be more on their conference call and their plans for the rest of the year and their current cash burn rate. Sold some for 36 today anyway after picking up some for 31 during the week :)

Nice move! I'm in it for the long run, when do they report, before or after the bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

Nice move! I'm in it for the long run, when do they report, before or after the bell?

7am ET

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Actually 3 college conferences have said they will go ahead with their season arguable the 3 biggest divisions, and are looking into potentially forming a super conference absorbing teams from the conferences that cancelled who are still interested in playing so theres a lot of excitement of them potentially changing the setup of college football and sticking it to the NCAA

Plus if college football stays on track its promising for the NFL as their were some concerns if that fell apart then maybe the NFL would have to call it as well so all in all a lot of good news lately for DraftKings with American sports seemingly on track

Eps of -.14 on earnings of 68m expected for Draftkings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭jams100

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Actually 3 college conferences have said they will go ahead with their season arguable the 3 biggest divisions, and are looking into potentially forming a super conference absorbing teams from the conferences that cancelled who are still interested in playing so theres a lot of excitement of them potentially changing the setup of college football and sticking it to the NCAA

Plus if college football stays on track its promising for the NFL as their were some concerns if that fell apart then maybe the NFL would have to call it as well so all in all a lot of good news lately for DraftKings with American sports seemingly on track

Well two have said they're cancelling their seasons big10 and pac12.
    The other 3 have said they are going ahead (for now). That could easily change in a few days. Either way their earnings tomorrow cant be good, as I've said before they are a good long term bet, excuse the pun. I'd wait for a better entry point though, hoping to get more if/when they go back to 31, unless there results are even worse than I expect then I might looking at entering even lower.

Separately bought some marathon petroleum (mpc) today

Well two have said they're cancelling their seasons big10 and pac12.
    The other 3 have said they are going ahead (for now). That could easily change in a few days. Either way their earnings tomorrow cant be good, as I've said before they are a good long term bet, excuse the pun. I'd wait for a better entry point though, hoping to get more if/when they go back to 31, unless there results are even worse than I expect then I might looking at entering even lower

And so could any other sport but the intention is to go ahead so hence the rise on draft kings side as as it stands their will be some form of CFB season which is why there as the drop previously

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

4d pharma are up almost 100% on this day last week. After holding at a massive loss for 3 months, I'll actually finish up with a decent profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

4d pharma are up almost 100% on this day last week. After holding at a massive loss for 3 months, I'll actually finish up with a decent profit.

Do you think it's got legs long term or get out while the goings good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I sold enough yesterday to get back the initial investment +10%. What I've left is all profit now. I'll hold it and see where it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

weemcd wrote: »

There’s a reason I rarely post on here and that’s because I don’t know even half enough to be making recommendations to others.

That said, personally I think there’s going to be an awful lot of profit taking and today is going to be about as good as it gets in the short/medium term.

It certainly seems like there’s a lot of potential there, and I actually really like what the company is trying to do, but I’m just not willing to wait it out.

There’s some good discussion of what’s going on on ADVFN if you can get over how badly formatted it is.

weemcd wrote: »

huge legs on it IMO .......... no RNS as yet but there's a covid treatment trial ongoing which dosed patients for two weeks..... some of the 90 are finished their doses.

also covid trial is a small part of the potential upshoot, 4d are leaders in bio therapeutics and the news is only good in that aspect of pharma.

MSD have a significant stake in 4d and there's a trial going on with a 4d bio therapeutic and MSDs blockbuster drug Keytruda....... https://www.4dpharmaplc.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/preliminary-safety-and-clinical-observations-mrx0518-combination-keytruda

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113298037&postcount=2203

I'm hoping to make serious cash off this one...... I'm happy to hold longterm if that's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Augeo wrote: »
    huge legs on it IMO .......... no RNS as yet but there's a covid treatment trial ongoing which dosed patients for two weeks..... some of the 90 are finished their doses.

also covid trial is a small part of the potential upshoot, 4d are leaders in bio therapeutics and the news is only good in that aspect of pharma.

MSD have a significant stake in 4d and there's a trial going on with a 4d bio therapeutic and MSDs blockbuster drug Keytruda....... https://www.4dpharmaplc.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/preliminary-safety-and-clinical-observations-mrx0518-combination-keytruda

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113298037&postcount=2203

I'm hoping to make serious cash off this one...... I'm happy to hold longterm if that's required.

Think I'll hold for the foreseeable. I'm a micro investor and this is the only stock I have atm. I got out of all my other stocks during Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

free course posted today - case study on how to compare companies, might only be free for a few days, just signed up myself
    https://www.udemy.com/course/financial-analysis-financial-ratios-amazon-vs-walmart/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Amazon again ... EU cracking down on China / AliExpress imports, I know they're slightly different customer base but I can see a lot moving to Amazon.

Is Amazon due a stock split?

Big EPS miss by Draftkings, ouch

Down nearly 6%

Down nearly 6%

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Kamu

Down nearly 6%

If they get to low 30/31 I might just jump in.

Treppen wrote: »
    Amazon again ... EU cracking down on China / AliExpress imports, I know they're slightly different customer base but I can see a lot moving to Amazon.

Is Amazon due a stock split?

Feel like they would have split a while back if they were going to wouldnt expect it anytime soon invesetment hasn't slowed for them even at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers

Down nearly 6%
    I suspect this story had something to do with recent drops. IRS has decided that Draftkings daily fantasy (very popualr game) needs to charge tax.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I suspect this story had something to do with recent drops. IRS has decided that Draftkings daily fantasy (very popualr game) needs to charge tax.

Might be one to tuck away for a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'm in with a fair investment already in crypto and its not a short term thing for me

What have you invested in?

I also dabbled a few years back and bought some duds, but Chainlink has more than made up for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

What have you invested in?

I also dabbled a few years back and bought some duds, but Chainlink has more than made up for those.

more than I should

Chainlink is my biggest holding right now

Moves this week guys?

I'm looking hard at gold, if Buffett is getting involved; then it's time to act

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody think Intel is decent value at the moment after the recent drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Ush1 wrote: »
    Anybody think Intel is decent value at the moment after the recent drop?

Scroll back a few pages here and there's lots of discussion around why it isn't

IAG is tres predictable* this past while. It goes down first thing in the morning and struggles up about half the loss as the day goes on, but then drops the next day. If I was into shorting it's fairly predictable. Of course something like the Russian anti-virus will throw this out, but it's back to the usual again. I imagine it'll be under €2 again (possibly under €1.90) before the week is out.

*past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. :)

Scroll back a few pages here and there's lots of discussion around why it isn't

I would be hopeful that Intel will turn things around over the next few years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I'm looking hard at gold, if Buffett is getting involved; then it's time to act

Why? Do you have the same problems as Buffett - Several billion that you are unable find an opportunity to invest in?

Buffett has been in an augured situation for sometime now, he can't find opportunities big enough to bring a real return to his capital sum. Unlike 99% of investors he has very limited options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

outonawing wrote: »
    I would be hopeful that Intel will turn things around over the next few years.

probably but see further downside before an entry point imo

Advertisement