Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisa Smith home.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Will you be as staunch about her “rights” when she blows herself up in a shopping mall or encourages some like minded ****wit to do so?

Sounds like you have some info the Garda would be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

tuxy wrote: »
    Sounds like you have some info the Garda would be interested in.

Well I’m sure if the Gardai used google they could find out themselves what these ISIS vermin like doing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Will you be as staunch about her “rights” when she blows herself up in a shopping mall or encourages some like minded ****wit to do so?

if she blows herself up she won't be around so it will be impossible to be staunch about anything in relation to her.
    if she encourages someone else to blow themselves up then she will be subject to the law of the land and rightly so.
    Exactly I don't know why people are now so keep to recognise IS as a legitimate state.
    To legally denounce Irish citizenship or have it legally removed under international law she would have to be a citizen of another legitimate county.
    It's illegal to try to make yourself stateless or have it forced on you.

agreed.
    even then, i wonder as to whether a country of who one is a primary citizen, stripping that citizen of their citizenship based on them having dual nationality, could be questionable legally?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

No one is "Defending Lisa's Right's".......the right's that are being defended in this discussion are the same rights that protect you and me and every other Irish Citizen. That's what is being defended. Whether Lisa return's to this Country or not, it's not a guarantee that we will ( or will not) ever have an isis attack...ever. As it is Ireland is too use full to isis or any other terrorist grouping as a staging / logistic / money laundering Country, and as such the last thing they need is to be put under the spotlight an attack would bring.

Well I’m sure if the Gardai used google they could find out themselves what these ISIS vermin like doing

they already know.
    however, they need evidence that lisa smith was involved in something that could be a breach of irish law, even if committed abroad.
    or, that she may be planning to do something going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ted1 wrote: »
    Nor defending here as such but realising that weather we like it or not she’s an Irish citizen

When she chose to turn her back on her country and become enemy number one she should have had it revoked. Tough tits whore.

When she chose to turn her back on her country and become enemy number one she should have had it revoked. Tough tits whore.

How would that work exactly?

How would that work exactly?

It would work like this.

Sorry bitch, tough luck, enjoy the desert.

It would work like this.

But in the real world, not as a bull**** internet post.
    How would it work? Expand on your idea.

But in the real world, not as a bull**** internet post.
    How would it work? Expand on your idea.

She turned her back on her country. She would have us all murdered by her ideology and not bat an eyelid. She is a traitor to her country. How much has it cost us, you and me, to bring her home already, how much will it cost us to keep her safe for the rest of her life. Tens of millions. What day did we get in this? None. She should have been told to make her own way back, tough luck, if you manage to somehow get back here well you’ll be dealt with at that time.

• Advertisement

It would work like this.

and when the desert's government decides to deport her anyway and we end up still having to take her back?

and when the desert's government decides to deport her anyway and we end up still having to take her back?

Great. Didn’t cost anything. Try her and jail her.

She turned her back on her country. She would have us all murdered by her ideology and not bat an eyelid. She is a traitor to her country. How much has it cost us, you and me, to bring her home already, how much will it cost us to keep her safe for the rest of her life. Tens of millions. What day did we get in this? None. She should have been told to make her own way back, tough luck, if you manage to somehow get back here well you’ll be dealt with at that time.

It's in Turkeys hands, realistically what could Ireland do if Turkey decide to deport her?
    What is the exact crime she committed and where is the evidence of said crime.
    Unless you are talking about a vigilante group when you say "dealt" with, unless you are planning to form such a group it may never happen.

that's not an answer as to how your original idea would work though.
    this is not something we would get a say in and that is correct. citizens have to go back to their countries of origin to protect the world as a whole.
    the costs are irrelevant, paying them is just tough to keep both ireland safe and the rest of the world.

Perhaps Ireland should introduce an internment system, would that make people happy?

Perhaps Ireland should introduce an internment system, would that make people happy?

What would make you happy? Does bringing back this terrorist and setting her up for life make you happy? Let’s talk punishment.

Let’s talk punishment.

Let's, what crime can she be convicted of and what is the punishment for such a conviction?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

So she's home, let's see what she says in the inevitable book,

"ISIS, my part in it's downfall"

It'll transpire that Shuhada Davitt has been her handler and from the inside out, they embarrassed ISIS into submission.

Expect her to contact Michealla Mcollum on how to spin a story into a few quid.

Etc wrote: »
    So she's home, let's see what she says in the inevitable book,

If she is then why is the UN so concerned for her safety in Turkey, she can't be in two places at once.

Let's, what crime can she be convicted of and what is the punishment for such a conviction?

What we know.

Treason
    Involvement in a terrorist Organisation.
    Supporting and aiding muderous acts.

What don’t we know?

• Advertisement

No proof that IS specifically targeted Ireland, I don't recall any acts of terror that they carried out on this Island. So that is treason gone.
    Do you have proof of murderous acts that she has committed in Ireland? I think we can rule that one out two.

Perhaps she is guilty of something under the terrorism act but what are the punishment guidelines for such an offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

If she is then why is the UN so concerned for her safety in Turkey, she can't be in two places at once.

So, tracking individual refugees is a science ?

Etc wrote: »
    So, tracking individual refugees is a science ?

You say she is home and the UN say she is in Turkey, I'm not sure which I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Who declared her enemy number one ?
    rue Looney left are far more of a danger.

There’s far more dangerous threats in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Whose apology?

Read back a few pages, you will figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭jmreire

What we know.

Treason
    Involvement in a terrorist Organisation.
    Supporting and aiding muderous acts.

What don’t we know?

What we know and what we can prove are two different things....she is presently under investigation for any breaches of the Law's of Ireland. (What Law's she has broken abroad is relevant ) and has been for quite a long time, which is one of the reason's I think that she did not grab at the chance to come home when she was first offered it when in Ain-Issa camp. So if the Guard's can come up with a case against her, she will have her day in court, and then we will see where that takes her. What you ,I and the rest of the Country think's about Lisa Smith will not matter one whit. Unless she is tried by a jury, in which case, the verdict will be one of the fastest in Irish Legal history.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭adrian92

I would ask the moderator to ask everyone to not use such language, which are not in accordance with this forum - there is no room, I would have thought, for violent language. Perhaps, there is no room for a degree of moderate language. We are, and have been, through quite a long, difficult time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Fritzbox

jmayo wrote: »
    Bamboo airlines are Far Eastern airline, Vietnam I think.

I don't think a western company would name their airline "Bamboo Airlines" would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

bmcc10 wrote: »

Dundalk could be on a winner here.....a double header..Jim Corr & Lisa Smith to hit the switch together....The eyes and ears of the World would be on the town !!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-12268558

:D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement