Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The only cognitive dissonance on display is from the rabid anti-Trumpers who can't accept that they have yet again faceplanted and so are clutching at non-existent straws in some sad effort at trying to maintain that Trump is in fact guilty of that which he has been found not guilty of. They claim to be about the truth but yet post falsehoods non-stop. I can't recall such an amount of people before who believed they're right when everything shows that they're wrong. There is no talking to most liberals on issues related to Trump. It's a waste of time. They're immune to the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,698 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Igotadose wrote:
    Romney's made it really easy.
    It won't matter for the same reason that he didn't get elected POTUS, his religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

maintain that Trump is in fact guilty of that which he has been found not guilty of.

He did it, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The only cognitive dissonance on display is from the rabid anti-Trumpers who can't accept that they have yet again faceplanted and so are clutching at non-existent straws in some sad effort at trying to maintain that Trump is in fact guilty of that which he has been found not guilty of. They claim to be about the truth but yet post falsehoods non-stop. I can't recall such an amount of people before who believed they're right when everything shows that they're wrong. There is no talking to most liberals on issues related to Trump. It's a waste of time. They're immune to the truth.

Seriously?

https://apnews.com/3750c39f92c817a6790098be323142df

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/16/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/%3foutputType=amp

Almost 16000 lies Pete, let that sink in for a moment, the man you admire/revere, the actual POTUS has told 16000 LIES! And then you have the temerity to come on here and accuse others of posting falsehoods :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

So his highness fired people who told the truth under oath. Very classy

If he is so innocent why ?

Lowlife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So his highness fired people who told the truth under oath. Very classy

If he is so innocent why ?

Lowlife

not just that he fired the brother of one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

All the sour grapes in here doesn’t change the fact that Trump is 4/7 shot for the White House now and the Demorats are in absolute rag order. They should just get behind Bernie now instead of trying to screw him over again. But what do you expect from a corrupt party who only try to enrich themselves At the public purse like millionaire Pelosi and billionaire Clinton. The hypocrisy and the anti Americanism of the Democrats is really not playing well to middle America!

pearcider wrote: »
    All the sour grapes in here doesn’t change the fact that Trump is 4/7 shot for the White House now and the Demorats are in absolute rag order. They should just get behind Bernie now instead of trying to screw him over again. But what do you expect from a corrupt party who only try to enrich themselves At the public purse like millionaire Pelosi and billionaire Clinton. The hypocrisy and the anti Americanism of the Democrats is really not playing well to middle America!

Unlike the Donald who is a corrupt person trying to enrich himself via the public purse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So, will the nonsense and impeachment farce fade away since acquittal? Or is Re-impeachment before the election in the works? And when Trump wins will it be Three-impeachment and more and more?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Unlike the Donald who is a corrupt person trying to enrich himself via the public purse.
    How is he enriching himself via the public purse? If anything his wealth has probably decreased since he became President due to the outright hatred of the man from the loony left and from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

So Adam Schiff just tweeted...

“We did our constitutional duty and upheld our oath, even as many Senators did not.

They declined to hear from witnesses and refused to convict even as they admitted the case against the President was proven.

The voters will hold them, and the President, accountable.”

Huh? Didn’t Schiff spend months telling voters they weren’t smart enough to hold the president accountable at election time and that’s why they rushed the impeachment and were trying so hard to get Trump removed from office before the election?

notobtuse wrote: »
    How is he enriching himself via the public purse? If anything his wealth has probably decreased since he became President due to the outright hatred of the man from the loony left and from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

He uses his resort every 2nd week for golf, dragging the secret service and MANY staffers along with him, the public pay a hefty $ price for that.

He uses his resort every 2nd week for golf, dragging the secret service and MANY staffers along with him, the public pay a hefty $ price for that.
    He has dozens of properties. Many of which have seen decreases of patronage since he has become president. Please get back to me when you provide sources that indicate the little bit of money received from secret service and staff at the location in Florida outweighs all the losses he is suffering at his other properties since becoming president.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The fact he was overcharging for everything when he was there, its crazy when you think about it, you own something and are visiting but someone else pays the bill! the "stopovers" in Scotland, Mike Pence staying in Doonbeg for a meeting in Dublin. The Trump Washington hotel being booked out by dignatories (that didnt end up well though), the numerous China patents that Ivanka "earned". Trying to get Doral to host the G7, later retreating on that but hosting the Republican convention. The list goes on

He has dozens of properties. Many of which have seen decreases of patronage since he has become president. Please get back to me when you provide sources that indicate the little bit of money received from secret service and staff at the location in Florida outweighs all the losses he is suffering at his other properties since becoming president.

On the flip side I am sure you can provide evidence that he has lost money? Your claim so I expect you to provide evidence please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

On the flip side I am sure you can provide evidence that he has lost money? Your claim so I expect you to provide evidence please.

No one can tell - not unless we see some tax returns.. hmm.... is there a problem getting those?

Okay, here’s just a couple (and it’s getting harder and harder to provide sources since so many online news organizations are going behind a pay wall)…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/05/15/trump-organization-loses-money-after-donald-trump-elected-president/3679722002/
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-wp-trump-tower-20191105-arjnetoxijdkdkkjzpbiea3i6m-story.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/trump-has-lost-1-billion-personal-wealth-running-president-n916221

Your turn... if you even have anything.

In one respect Trump is correct that being president has cost him money. Now that he has shown himself to be a complete and utter arsehole most decent people dont want to be associated with him and avoid his properties. That is why he drags his carcass down to one of his properties every chance he gets so he charge extortionate rates to those obliged to travel with him.

People imagine how much of a failed businessman he would be if he were not able to direct government sourced business to his resorts.

Sounds like the kind of guy who goes bankrupt and is a bad business man to me. Id hate to let him be in charge of someone elses finances :D

The tax returns would tell a real story of how much of a terrible "business" man he is

In one respect Trump is correct that being president has cost him money. Now that he has shown himself to be a complete and utter arsehole most decent people dont want to be associated with him and avoid his properties. That is why he drags his carcass down to one of his properties every chance he gets so he charge extortionate rates to those obliged to travel with him.

Correct he has damaged his own brand all by himself nothing to do with being President.

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    Correct he has damaged his own brand all by himself nothing to do with being President.

Indeed. all being president has done is made more people aware of what he is really like.

LOL. I see no answers to back up the absurd accusations against Trump, and now just moving the goalposts. Typical. what other explanation is there besides TDS?

LOL. I see no answers to back up the absurd accusations against Trump, and now just moving the goalposts. Typical. what other explanation is there besides TDS?

you dont believe that trump is widely disliked?

Dam I am biting So explain how in 2015 revenue from Trumps hotels and resorts was USD16.7m, in 2016 nearly doubled to 33.8 million in election year 2016 and in 2017 jumped up to USD 60.8 million

Coincidence that government use sky rocketed there or just a genius business man ?

As soon as he was elected membership of Mar Lago doubled to 200k and conviently 71 government contractors and lobbiests took up membership and only golf when he is there.

in 2017 70% of purchases in Trump Tower were by LLCs and as I am sure everyone knows you dont know the entity of LLCs, so I wonder who is hiding being them

you dont believe that trump is widely disliked?
    We've finally found common ground. There is no doubt whatsoever Trump is widely disliked. As of 2019, 28% of Americans identified as Democrat, 28% identified as Republican, and 41% as Independent. Therefore there is no doubt around 25% of the voting population dislikes him.

We've finally found common ground. There is no doubt whatsoever Trump is widely disliked. As of 2019, 28% of Americans identified as Democrat, 28% identified as Republican, and 41% as Independent. Therefore there is no doubt around 25% of the voting population dislikes him.

i'm not sure the 28% of republicans and the 41% independent are that fond of him either.

i'm not sure the 28% of republicans and the 41% independent are that fond of him either.
    I'm sure some aren't. And some democrats are fond of him. Recently Trump spoke in New Jersey (solid blue state). Over 100,000 tickets were sought after for a venue that only held around 7,400. The interesting thing is 26% of them identified as democrats.

I'm sure some aren't. And some democrats are fond of him. Recently Trump spoke in New Jersey (solid blue state). Over 100,000 tickets were sought after for a venue that only held around 7,400. The interesting thing is 26% of them identified as democrats.

have you seen his crowds? they dont look the type to go to expensive hotels.

Is there proof of the sales or just the word of Trump/Brad Parscale............

• Advertisement

have you seen his crowds? they dont look the type to go to expensive hotels.
    I've had lunch at a hotel of his in Washington, DC with my daughter. I tried getting tickets to his rally in Hershey, PA but didn't luck out.... Maybe next time he's in the area I will have better luck.

Advertisement