Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,868 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    Nancy is leader of the house, she is not a potential nominee.
    She is the leading figure in the Democratic party.
    Boggles wrote:
    Standing up to Trump and calling out his narcissistic bullshít is what the grass roots Democrats want.

It's what every single democrat has been doing since he took office.
    It's fine to stand up to Trump and call him on all his bull.
    The issue here is disrespecting the office of the POTUS and it's etiquette.

The Democrats should respect the office but not the man. What she did is disrespecting the office of the Presidency and it's not acceptable behaviour in the eyes of many.
    Boggles wrote:
    I'm afraid your friends would be outliers in that respect.
    Have you got anything that's not from social media to show that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    She is the leading figure in the Democratic party.

It's fine to stand up to Trump and call him on all his bull.
    The issue here is disrespecting the office of the POTUS and it's etiquette.

The Democrats should respect the office but not the man. What she did is disrespecting the office of the Presidency and it's not acceptable behaviour in the eyes of many.

Have you got anything that's not from social media to show that?

And Trump has respected the office of the presidency?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,868 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And Trump has respected the office of the presidency?
    He isn't a democrat. I expect higher standards from Democrats, it's why I always supported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,210 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

notobtuse wrote: »
    A president can't expect to have members of his administration who are loyal?

To the Constitution, sure.

His testimony only hurt the Democrats case, who called him as a key witness.

You mean tge case

• Advertisement

His testimony only hurt the Democrats case, who called him as a key witness.

You mean the case where Trump was impeached? And even his defenders admitted he commited the high crimes he was charged with? That case? Yeah, big hurt.

Lest we forget Lt. Colonel Vindmans is a decorated soldier. A great American and an immigration success story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Four more years. Four more years!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

gold.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Vindeman fired.

So here we now see Trumps childish behaviour come to the forefront, he wants to be surrounded by yes people and nothing less will do.

All hail dear leader.

Sondland gone too.

Doesn't matter everyone knows he did it, he is continuing with his cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

It's a full on cult. Get rid of the suppressive people. The thing with cult devotees is that when they leave their overriding thought is typically WTF was I thinking, how could I have been so blind and stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Boggles wrote: »
    Sondland gone too.

Doesn't matter everyone knows he did it, he is continuing with his cover up.

Surprised he hasn’t asked for them to be thrown in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We are witnessing the first time that an elected president willsurvive impeachment and get re elected afterwards. Whats the devilish dems next trick to make a big deal of

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

We are witnessing the first time that an elected president willsurvive impeachment and get re elected afterwards. Whats the devilish dems next trick to make a big deal of

We witnessed the first impeachment that didn't allow evidence at a senate trial due to partisan blocking, who pulled a trick?

duploelabs wrote: »
    We witnessed the first impeachment that didn't allow evidence at a senate trial due to partisan blocking, who pulled a trick?

And where members of both parties voted to convict.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Igotadose wrote: »
    You mean the case where Trump was impeached? And even his defenders admitted he commited the high crimes he was charged with? That case? Yeah, big hurt.

Lest we forget Lt. Colonel Vindmans is a decorated soldier. A great American and an immigration success story

Vindmans has a Purple Heart. Purple Hearts are only awarded to those injured or killed while serving in the US army.

The Purple Heart US Lieutenant Colonel was fired by a crooked POTUS whose crooked father paid a crooked doctor to certify a bone spur in the foot of POTUS so that POTUS could dodge the draft. Sums up America today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

And where members of both parties voted to convict.

The last two impeachments were bi partisan , this one only mitt romney crossed the aisle on one count, it was a very partisan targetted affair

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not surprised at all by the firing. This feeble minded pettiness has always been part of trumpys disgusting personality.

The last two impeachments were bi partisan , this one only mitt romney crossed the aisle on one count, it was a very partisan targetted affair

Not in the senate.

It was a partisan acquittal.

That's a fact.

Nobody has ever crossed the aisle to convict in history.

Vindmans has a Purple Heart. Purple Hearts are only awarded to those injured or killed while serving in the US army.

The Purple Heart US Lieutenant Colonel was fired by a crooked POTUS whose crooked father paid a crooked doctor to certify a bone spur in the foot of POTUS so that POTUS could dodge the draft. Sums up America today.

Feck Vindman.

Sondland gave him a million dollars, now that must sting. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Boggles wrote: »
    Feck Vindman.

Sondland gave him a million dollars, now that must sting. :D

I'm sure the shrapnel injury that Vindman received when he got the purple heart hurt more

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure the shrapnel injury that Vindman received when he got the purple heart hurt more

I meant in terms of Big Orange Man Beat me hard loyalty. Vindman was loyal to his country.

His brother got the door as well.

As vindictiveness and pettiness goes that is off the chart.

What an absolute man child he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's incredible really. Trump was just aquited and it's straight on to more of the pearl clutching. Oh no, he's fired people who either disagreed with his foreign policy stance or flat out made stuff up about what they "presumed" happened. What did people think he was going to do, leave them in office for round 2?

Instead of putting a United campaign together to beat him in Nov the Dems have wasted time and money with this folly that they knew would go nowhere once it got to the Senate.

Anyhow, I fear the American voters will judge the Dems harshly in Nov, not just in the presidential race either. Voters are under no illusion now that if the Dems win the Senate but lose the presidency then impeachment No 2 will be started straight away and I don't think the majority of Americans want that again.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    It's incredible really. Trump was just aquited and it's straight on to more of the pearl clutching. Oh no, he's fired people who either disagreed with his foreign policy stance or flat out made stuff up about what they "presumed" happened. What did people think he was going to do, leave them in office for round 2?
    Exactly what was made up? Because Trump's defense agreed all the charges against him were factual. Not reaching the bar of impeachment, but the events described really happened.
    Anyhow, I fear the American voters will judge the Dems harshly in Nov, not just in the presidential race either. Voters are under no illusion now that if the Dems win the Senate but lose the presidency then impeachment No 2 will be started straight away and I don't think the majority of Americans want that again.

Uhuh. So, voting in a majority of those oath-abiding Republicans won't cause this to happen, should a Democrat get elected President? At least one of the Trumpettes (Graham, Gym Jordan) has said they'd start an impeachment inquiry into Biden & Burisma, should Biden get elected.

We'll see who gets judged come November. I think all 3 branches are in play for the Democrats. The frontrunners are all beating Trump in the polls, and I doubt there'll be much trouble taking back the Senate, Romney's made it really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,905 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Igotadose wrote: »
    Exactly what was made up? Because Trump's defense agreed all the charges against him were factual. Not reaching the bar of impeachment, but the events described really happened.

Uhuh. So, voting in a majority of those oath-abiding Republicans won't cause this to happen, should a Democrat get elected President? At least one of the Trumpettes (Graham, Gym Jordan) has said they'd start an impeachment inquiry into Biden & Burisma, should Biden get elected.

We'll see who gets judged come November. I think all 3 branches are in play for the Democrats. The frontrunners are all beating Trump in the polls, and I doubt there'll be much trouble taking back the Senate, Romney's made it really easy.

The first part never happened.

As to your second point, it's wrong if either side try to do it in such a haphazard manner.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Legend.

Perhaps the greatest US president in history .

Even better seeing all the lunatics screaming at the sky in their pussy hats .... WINNER IS GONNA WIN!!!!!!!

Legend.

Even better seeing all the lunatics screaming at the sky .... WINNER IS GONNA WIN!!!!!!!

Why is he perhaps greatest US president in history?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Legend.

Even better seeing all the lunatics screaming at the sky in their pussy hats .... WINNER IS GONNA WIN!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Legend.

Not even Trump himself says that. He reckons Abe is then him.

You are ranting and raving more than a full blown narcissist.

Let that sink in, enjoy your Saturday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

The cognitive dissonance from Trump supporters is both fascinating and frightening. The kind of people whose ego is entirely dependent on not being wrong and so the mental gymnastics they employ needs to be continually churning so they can avoid admitting what a complete spoofer the man is and how embarrassingly unfit for any office he is. I particularly love the projection applied to people who criticise him. You're a liar, disingenuous etc. You can have zero interest in politics and have no political leanings and intuitively grasp that the man is an utter bell end.

Advertisement