Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I'd be careful what you wish for if that's your goal, that is exactly how trump got elected in 2016.
    LOL. You may have a point there. :p

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

kilns wrote: »
    So she would be proud of her father abusing and calling AOC stupid etc?
    She's heard me condemning AOC many times. She can give as well as she gets.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Boggles wrote: »
    I asked you a simple question, I didn't ask for a reference, I'll try again.

So if rival politicians or commentators were to mock either of you daughters with creepy stalker photos or just down right insults on a world level.

You'd be fine with, it's just a bit of banter?

Fair game, right?
    Sure. It's politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    She's heard me condemning AOC many times. She can give as well as she gets.[/QUOTE

Condemning or abusing/calling names a big difference

Sure. It's politics.

Wow if you believe that, that is really pathetic, there is no place for that kind of stuff in any walk of life

• Advertisement

Condemning or abusing/calling names a big difference
    It's how my daughter learned what the term eejit means.

Wow if you believe that, that is really pathetic, there is no place for that kind of stuff in any walk of life
    Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has an ass....

It's how my daughter learned what the term eejit means.

Hopefully as a future member of congress for the Republicans she has better morals than her father and those currently there

Everyone has an opinion, just like everyone has an ass....

I am not going to even entertain you anymore. Pathetic

No wonder America has fallen so far with people like you and that attitude

You probably call attempts on politicians lives fair game too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,866 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sure. It's politics.

Taking creepy pictures of a young lady and mocking them is not politics.

You'd want to be one low grade individual to be okay with that.

Especially one who has daughters who aspires to follow the same path.

Even for you that is a low point lad.

Personally I wish them well and hope none of the creepy vitriol AOC has had to put with at a world stage level happens either of your daughters if they manage to reach those heights.

But alas that's where a fairly large segment of Americans are at the moment.

I think it was Michael Moore who said Trump was a manifestation of the Last Stand of the Angry White Man.

How true.

• Advertisement

Hopefully as a future member of congress for the Republicans she has better morals than her father and those currently there
    She's a democrat... the one that wants to intern for AOC (the older one is a republican). And all my kids are far better people than I could ever be. But I do think I had something to do with their commitment to fighting for what they believe in.

I am not going to even entertain you anymore. Pathetic
    Promises, promises.

She's a democrat...

So you actively campaign for a Democrat?

:pac:

So you actively campaign for a Democrat?

:pac:
    The youngest is not yet a politician. She wants to practice law first. And hopefully she will see the light before she enters politics. The oldest did.

But even if she remained a democrat when she enters politics, yes, I would actively campaign for her to some extent. Hey, according to you I have no morals. :p

Back on topic... If Trump was such a threat to our democracy that Pelosi had to rush impeachment, why then did she invite Trump to give his SOTU speech before the House? It gave Trump a powerful platform to celebrate his accomplishments and present his future agenda. The US Constitution merely requires the president provide Congress a report detailing the state of the union... you know... the one Pelosi tore up. Of course the Senate could always have invited Trump to give his SOTU address, but it would have been a much smaller venue with much less pomp and circumstance.

Back on topic... If Trump was such a threat to our democracy that Pelosi had to rush impeachment, why then did she invite Trump to give his SOTU speech before the House? It gave Trump a powerful platform to celebrate his accomplishments and present his future agenda. The US Constitution merely requires the president provide Congress a report detailing the state of the union... you know... the one Pelosi tore up. Of course the Senate could always have invited Trump to give his SOTU address, but it would have been a much smaller venue with much less pomp and circumstance.

I imagine because the Office of the POTUS still gets respected not the 'dotting dotard' that currently sits in it.

Republicans used vehemently stand for it before they coronated King Trump and rewrote the constitution.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,849 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ebbsy wrote: »
    Watch out, there are a few brain dead snitches on this thread...……….

The very worst kind, with not backbone, just like the Democrats.

Take a week out of this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The youngest is not yet a politician. She wants to practice law first. And hopefully she will see the light before she enters politics. The oldest did.

But even if she remained a democrat when she enters politics, yes, I would actively campaign for her to some extent. Hey, according to you I have no morals. :p

She must weep looking at the biased Impeachment jury.
    Is it true one of the first things Bar did was stop a number of investigations into Trump?

I imagine because the Office of the POTUS still gets respected not the 'dotting dotard' that currently sits in it.

Republicans used vehemently stand for it before they coronated King Trump and rewrote the constitution.
    I believe Thomas Jefferson ended the practice of giving the SOTU in a speech… around 1802. It wasn’t until Woodrow Willson became president that it went back to being a speech, around 1915. So there is just about as much history for not having the SOTU given as a speech as there is to give it as a speech. And Pelosi and Shiff didn’t give a rat’s ass about tradition, due process, or fair play in their impeachment farse, why would she care about tradition regarding the SOTU if Trump represented such a danger?

And Pelosi broke tradition anyway at the SOTUS by presenting Trump as only "the president of the United States." Previous House speakers have all introduced the president by saying they had the "high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States."

I believe Thomas Jefferson ended the practice of giving the SOTU in a speech… around 1802. It wasn’t until Woodrow Willson became president that it went back to being a speech, around 1915. So there is just about as much history for not having the SOTU given as a speech as there is to give it as a speech. And Pelosi and Shiff didn’t give a rat’s ass about tradition, due process, or fair play in their impeachment farse, why would she care about tradition regarding the SOTU if Trump represented such a danger?

And Pelosi broke tradition anyway at the SOTUS by presenting Trump as only "the president of the United States." Previous House speakers have all introduced thepresident by saying they had the "high privilege and distinct honor of presenting to you the president of the United States."

Yeah she doesn't like him personally because well I think Lindsey Graham said it best.
    Trump is a race-baiting, xenophobic, bigot who doesn't know anything about anything and he should go to hell

Nancy is nice to Trump in comparison to that TBF.

She prays for him, daily.

• Advertisement

Yeah she doesn't like him personally because well I think Lindsey Graham said it best.

Nancy is nice to Trump in comparison to that TBF.

She prays for him, daily.

Have you independently verified documentation to back up that claim?

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist. That became an instant classic, Meme worthy, even… IMO :))

Clinton was impeached for two actual crimes he committed. Trump was impeached for two non-crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,873 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Boggles wrote:
    What tangible evidence have you that Pelosi tearing up sheets will put Democratic Voters off and will make them not vote?
    There is a long history of Democrats not voting if they don't like the candidate or policies.
    I lived over there for four years, my wif is from there, and have have many friends and family who I'm regularly in touch with. Of the fourteen that I've spoke to over the last couple of days ten are embarrassed by her actions, two are delighted and the other two are in not caring section.
    A lot of them don't like Trump but don't like Sanders or Warren either. I'd guess based on our conversations that between five and eight of them will vote regardless. I think if Biden or somebody of a similar type gets the nomination that you'll get maybe ten or eleven of them at the polls but most of them are not happy about things right now as regards their party.
    Now I know this is a very small sample size but these are mostly very big democrats, lots of them are members of the party and normally you'd be ignored at best if you criticised a potential nominee but not this time around.
    I think they reflect the middle class earner in the United States on the Democratic side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,873 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd love to hear from others with Democrat friends over there that you've been talking to very recently just to see if what I'm hearing is similar to what you are hearing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Clinton was impeached for two actual crimes he committed. Trump was impeached for two non-crimes.

Clinton was acquitted, he is as innocent as Trump if we are going by your standards.

eagle eye wrote: »
    There is a long history of Democrats not voting if they don't like the candidate or policies.
    I lived over there for four years, my wif is from there, and have have many friends and family who I'm regularly in touch with. Of the fourteen that I've spoke to over the last couple of days ten are embarrassed by her actions, two are delighted and the other two are in not caring section.
    A lot of them don't like Trump but don't like Sanders or Warren either. I'd guess based on our conversations that between five and eight of them will vote regardless. I think if Biden or somebody of a similar type gets the nomination that you'll get maybe ten or eleven of them at the polls but most of them are not happy about things right now as regards their party.
    Now I know this is a very small sample size but these are mostly very big democrats, lots of them are members of the party and normally you'd be ignored at best if you criticised a potential nominee but not this time around.
    I think they reflect the middle class earner in the United States on the Democratic side.

Nancy is leader of the house, she is not a potential nominee.

Standing up to Trump and calling out his narcissistic bullshít is what the grass roots Democrats want.

It's what every single democrat has been doing since he took office.

I'm afraid your friends would be outliers in that respect.

There will be no "going high" in this election.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'd love to hear from others with Democrat friends over there that you've been talking to very recently just to see if what I'm hearing is similar to what you are hearing too.
    I think a lot of it would have to do with where the democrats are located here. Northeast, coastal, and urban democrats often have quite different political opinions and attitudes than middle-America and rural democrats.

Nancy is leader of the house, she is not a potential nominee.

Standing up to Trump and calling out his narcissistic bullshít is what the grass roots Democrats want.

It's what every single democrat has been doing since he took office.

I'm afraid your friends would be outliers in that respect.

There will be no "going high" in this election.
    Agreed with this part. It seems Trump is now the new normal. The democrat candidate will have to Out-Trump Trump to have any chance in November. I think you will see that sort of thing out of Biden now till the New Hampshire primary... and he'll be going after Sanders, Warren, and Mayor Pete. He's currently on political life-support at the moment and fading fast.

• Advertisement

Clinton was acquitted, he is as innocent as Trump if we are going by your standards.
    But Clinton had reason to be humble and sorry for his actions... Trump didn't as he committed no crime and the House impeachment was a farce.

Advertisement