Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Deskside fuming

*hugs* sorry to hear that, pm is always open if you wanna chat.

Things are slowly cracking here as well......I really wish that 41 year old man child numpty alcoholic moron pathetic excuse of a brother would just F off! :mad: he's upsetting everyone :mad:.

Feel like leaving myself :mad:

Sorry :o

Thank you Mam and Votecounts, and Sephers and Widdershins, and all!

I just am in a small bit of “oh no”. Did my best for this holiday and it’s not quite working out. And, it is a bit bad because I was looking forward to it. Baaaaaah!!!!! Thought this would be the good one.

But it’s ok. I’ll still be home for Christmas. And then I can come over and shout at your brother Sephers. Think I would be kinda scary at this point. But only if I get a cup in exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just finished wandering the streets of London.

Way too much drink related drama last night, so today was a quiet day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Why...?

You'll never move on fully if you keep reminders, especially something so intimate. You mention this ex a lot, it would be healthier to leave them in the past where they belong.

This is a personal thing for me, and it's not a judgement, but I would find it hugely disrespectful if a partner was keeping and reading what are essentially love letters from exes.

Sorry to hear some of you are dreading the week, it's always a difficult time when things aren't as you would like.

Grem, I hope you have some company this week.

Seph, unfortunately this is the week where it'll kick off, I hope you and your family weather the storm.

Homeside, mid-clean. Why do I always procrastinate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

At home eating some cottage pie. I took a nice picture a while ago but only noticed it a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭thomil

Great shot, Sciprio. You can almost smell the sea breeze :)

Deskside in the home office, with my Christmas playlist playing for the first time this year. This will be the third Christmas without my parents, but I'm not going to let that spoil my mood. I owe that much to them :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fireside in jimjams. Have a head cold and it’s not pretty - my pet pooch is wondering what’s going on whenever I sneeze! Think I’m hallucinating after overdosing on strepsils. Honeybear hugs to anyone who needs a hug (including myself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Drinking vodka and diet coke and listening to early 00s party music.

I hope you're ok Fluffy and you manage to enjoy some time back home.

I am very glad not to be hosting any Christmas dinners. I'd like to be surrounded by people but people who are not my family please :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sciprio wrote: »
    At home eating some cottage pie. I took a nice picture a while ago but only noticed it a few minutes ago.

Great shot, was somehow expecting a lovely pic of pie though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Chilling watching the darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Evening, it's been a while! I'll always be a poster who hops in and out but love this thread. Maybe the time of year, I just thought I'd hop in. Lots of sadness at this time of year, feeling it a bit myself.

Fourth Christmas without my beautiful daughter. Her father came back after years and poisoned her against me and our family. Doing my best to be ok for the rest of my children but it's tough. Manageable any other time, it's the season to bring out emotions. So I hope any of ye struggling will be ok. Ye are not alone in spirit x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the bed in our hotel room in Costa Calma, Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, just waiting for my other half to finish his shower and head to the hotel restaurant.

Weather is beautiful - sunny and warm and was in the pool twice earlier today. Beach tomorrow. :)

Fireside, admiring the tree and lights.
    For all my grumbling they're looking great.. Stocked up on mince pies and brandy butter in town earlier, the Spirit of Autosport Christmas must have visted overnight, I'm all cheery and smiling at people, wishing them Glad Tidings and meaning it. Most odd. I'm sure it'll pass soon :p

Sorry for those of you struggling with troubles and the ongoing battle with grief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

On a lighter note, don't want to be all sadness..I am sitting waiting for my three boys to fall asleep so I can wrap the presents from Santa. That's the magic I love.

House now fully cleaned! If any if you are planning a festive visit tomorrow would be the best day, today is the last day of 2019 that I'll wield a mop.

Couchside feeling smug. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

At home in East Clare listening to The National, on my first sip of wine ( I know I'm gonna finish it, the bottle that is)
    I'm going to txt a girl, I know I really shouldnt, but going to do it while sober....

Thought's for all the people strugging now and over Christmas (myself included)
    It will be over soon and life will get back to 'normal'...

Oh to be somewhere warm, Fuerteventura sounds great..

Nothing ventured, 4Ad! Hope you get the response you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fingers crossed 4Ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Bedside, I'm just back from a big long "clear the head" walk/run.

Seph my brother is a complete cúnt, seriously a horrible human being, so you have my full sympathy and if you ever want to have a big old rant about him I wouldn't mind at all if you sent me a PM about it.

I wish I could take all of you that are hurting, even those of you that aren't hurting and give you all a big squeezy hug, that's partly out of selfish reasons as I would love to be the recipient of a big squeezy hug myself but also just I just want to give you all a big squeezy hug! Forgetting that it's Christmas time because bad shít happens all year round, a big squeezy hug can work wonders for the heart and soul. I have come here more these last few months because I find I smile and laugh more posting in this thread than in most others and that's something I have needed and wanted.

A sincere thank you to all for that and an extra bonus shout out to Pretzill who included me in a little rap he/she made up and brought a big soppy smile to my face which was much needed at the time. :)

I'm logging off Boards for a few days so I hope everybody has as good a Christmas as they possibly can and I hope those who are hurting can find something or someone to help them.

Merry Christmas to my fellow Wherers. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Sitting on couch, white wine and gorgonzola cheese ...Love Actually just starting on ITV2. Due to go to work tomorrow, but might just work from home in my PJ's.

Big hug to you, Guy. I hope it's a better Christmas than you expect.

• Advertisement

Have a lovely few days Guy whatever you get up to,your posts have made me genuinely laugh out loud at times,lots of hugs going your way.x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You'll never move on fully if you keep reminders, especially something so intimate. You mention this ex a lot, it would be healthier to leave them in the past where they belong.

This is a personal thing for me, and it's not a judgement, but I would find it hugely disrespectful if a partner was keeping and reading what are essentially love letters from exes.

Sorry to hear some of you are dreading the week, it's always a difficult time when things aren't as you would like.

Grem, I hope you have some company this week.

Seph, unfortunately this is the week where it'll kick off, I hope you and your family weather the storm.

Homeside, mid-clean. Why do I always procrastinate?

Honestly, that ex, he of the emails, was such a little ratbag there is no chance of me retaining any attachment to him.

The ex I do be on about sometimes is a different man. We were together for years so I couldn't turn my back on him but hes in therapy now so Im starting to move on with my life without having to deal with his issues.

Id never thought about it like that, though. About my partner possibly being hurt by me keeping reminders of an ex. Ill think on that one, thank you. :)

Ps. I think its another poster whos got a tough week ahead...Im doing grand now but thanks xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭gifted

Dropping vitual hugs and hands to everyone who feels they need them this christmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Guy , don't forget to come back to us , you're a gent , hugs going your way , stay safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :). I haven't been on much as this is my busy time of year. I'll be back on full auto mode Christmas Day and will drive ye mad with my ramblings :D

Sending hugs to any of you who are suffering or not feeling the Christmas spirit (hugs) I know I must have driven some of ye mad but I don't get to enjoy the run up to the big day as I work crazy hours.

Sending loads of love and hugs
    Auto xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside thinking of you all and about to eat a yoghurt, thrilling times

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Any hugs going spare ?

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Any hugs going spare ?

Of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Any hugs going spare ?

Hugs Sky .

Hope you got through the last few days as best you could , know it can't have been easy on you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Rollup roll up.Get your hugs here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement