Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm doing a vigil with my dog. He's due to be put to sleep on Monday but he slipped into unconsciousness about an hour ago and will probably pass tonight. I know its nothing compared to some of the things some of you are dealing with but I feel absolutely distraught at the thought of him not being here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I want to gather up Widders, Evil and Guy in a big blanket to hug you all. I'm flying solo most of the week so available for pm at any time.. Please remember to mind yourselves

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm doing a vigil with my dog. He's due to be put to sleep on Monday but he slipped into unconsciousness about an hour ago and will probably pass tonight. I know its nothing compared to some of the things some of you are dealing with but I feel absolutely distraught at the thought of him not being here.

Oh, it is devastating, I feel so bad for you ET. Big hugs for you & for my old doggy here beside me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just home after a visit to my dads aunt, his favourite relation. Her son told me she was in a nursing home and that she’d love to see me but didn’t mention anything else. So, off I go with some sweets and some fruit and an Ireland’s own magazine.
    By all accounts, she has Alzheimers and didn’t know a bit of me. I told her who I was, “daddy Lexie’s daughter” and she knew my name then but she kept asking me how daddy was and saying she didn’t know when she last saw him, how was he keeping, and was I going home to him for Christmas. I didn’t want to upset her by telling her he was dead. I nodded and agreed. Wish I hadn’t bothered going now, it’s horrible seeing someone like that. Physically she looks fantastic but Jesus.
    She knew my name and asked after my brother, and seemed so with it at times but then so lost again. Mind ****.

So sorry to hear this, it’s devastating. They’re part of the family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

I feel for you, I had to put my Lab down last week and it tore me to pieces. I have her ashes beside me on my desk. It is a terrible moment as they are a family member. But I just remember the fun moments and know I gave her a fun and loving home and life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I want to gather up Widders, Evil and Guy in a big blanket to hug you all. I'm flying solo most of the week so available for pm at any time.. Please remember to mind yourselves

Highlights the fact that many will have a difficult Christmas, and that they don't need to be told to cheers up or be called Scrooge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Planning the dinner menus for the next week. I really just want to kick back and not have to visit a shop. Fridge freezer and chest freezer are thankfully full of all kinds. I'm not really a big fan of the consumer side of Christmas. I'm not religious either. It's a great time for kids who believe in Santa. That's finished in our house and I miss it. The down time for those lucky enough to get it is great. But it is the expectation, the illusion and financial pressure on people that can lead to so much despair.

I have absolutely no problem with people out enjoying themselves. However I do see a lot of fake, two faced crap at this time of year. Even within my own family, one particular sibling would make you vomit with the way they go on. They couldn't give a toss about anyone else's circumstances the rest of the year but come Christmas and it's all BS carry on with little donations and "oh the poor families that are homeless". We don't get on because I call it out every year if we meet. Last week the G family did our little bit for a homeless charity Christmas event. But I also offer my professional services throughout the year for free. That's the second and last time I will mention it.

Anyway lads, I'm rambling. As Grem alluded too, I'm also around on Christmas day in particular if anyone wants to post/chat about crappy feelings. I'm lucky. I have all I need materially and mentally for now. Others aren't so lucky and who knows what's around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I cant get any pm's to send. Id have replied to them if I could. Thanks to the senders :) hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
    In the leaba with an empty head, all thoughts emptied out. Theres a creepy and freezing cold fog materialising and solidifying outside. I never close my bedroom curtains but its so eerie I just yanked them shut.

In bed trying to decide if I should sleep or drink wine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Go for the wine every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Go for the wine every time.

Shady speaks sense.

hic ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

If the time contains nine drink wine. That's how the saying goes right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Bailey's cheesecake, how I love thee...( too much ).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Fireside chilling after a busy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Widders, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I know it can't be easy but I guess try to make nice memories with him for as long as you can.

Eviltwin, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, at least you won't have to choose to put him down now but still it's not much of a consolation, I hope he passes peacefully. They really are part of the family and it's so hard to lose them.

I'm thinking of all of ye struggling right now and I'm hoping 2020 will be a better year and bring some good things your way. This is my first Christmas on my own since I was 22 and I think it'll be strange, I'll definitely be around to chat if anyone needs to talk as my family will do my head in no doubt :pac:

On the couch, sure where else would I be :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, woke up after a bad dream :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just in case anyone needed to know, I love chocolate but double decker bars are yock..

bedside, woke up after a bad dream :(

Hope you settle back to sleep soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Hope you settle back to sleep soon :)

thanks grem :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Auto doesn't remember what day she has

Have a good one peeps :)

Heading to the coalface

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My dog passed away a few hours ago. It was very peaceful in the end. He was part of our family for 13 years, I'm just numb and worn out now. Going to get some sleep.

ET I’m sorry to hear that but I’ve no doubt you gave him a good life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭gifted

My dog passed away a few hours ago. It was very peaceful in the end. He was part of our family for 13 years, I'm just numb and worn out now. Going to get some sleep.

Sorry to hear that.

ET, I'm so sorry, but he was home surrounded by his family. And I'm sure he had a a wonderful life with you.

Getting ready for work

That's very sad eviltwin,take care x.

Meeting 2 of my best friends for breakfast, need to get up and shower etc but I'm smothered with a cold since Friday and cant motivate myself, also cant face food,we usually all get a fry but I'm thinking I'll just get toast and a fried egg or maybe porridge..my head feels like it's going to burst,my face feels swollen, my nose is like a tap,would love to stay on the couch all day with a hot water bottle..woe is me lol.

Have a good day lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry for your loss ET (hugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thinking of you eviltwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

.....It's Christmas time, it's Christmas time, stand up stand up and raise a glass of wine and you let yourself go underneath the mistletoe...

Morning all,

The fog is gone and I can see bits of clear sky 4.2C

It's the solstice, this is what it's all about, the days are going to get longer so we'll have a big celebration :D

Sorry to hear about your dog eviltwin, unfortunately it has happened to me a few times it's heartbreaking. A dog's only flaw is that they don't live as long as we do.

Temp couchside...the weekly grill in a while..

(my girls on the Rainbow Bridge)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sorry to hear that Eviltwin...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement